IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Bit late to the party but my god Murder By Numbers is brilliant. Love the aesthetics, as others have said it nails that Nintendo DS vibe. Music is great and anything with Picross in it is generally brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Well done to @Ed-Eand team. Everyone please buy it so they make more.

38 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Is Outer Wilds available to buy on the UK store?  I don't have my switch on me to check, but when I check on the Nintendo store website, it's say it's not available in my country (UK).

No sign of it on the console store. I don't think a release date has been confirmed for it yet has it?

2 hours ago, Harmunt said:

Are Forgone and Torchlight 2 worth a punt in the current sale? I’ve played both eShop demos and enjoyed them, but I would welcome opinions from those who have access to the full versions.

Foregone is OK. The core combat is quite satisfying, but level and enemy design is bland and repetitive. Like if Dead Cells wasn't a Roguelike.

2 hours ago, Harmunt said:

Are Forgone and Torchlight 2 worth a punt in the current sale? I’ve played both eShop demos and enjoyed them, but I would welcome opinions from those who have access to the full versions.

Torchlight 2 is good but isn’t as good as Torchlight, which in turn was good but not as good as Diablo 3. 

14 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Foregone is OK. The core combat is quite satisfying, but level and enemy design is bland and repetitive. Like if Dead Cells wasn't a Roguelike.

Yes, Foregone is good fidget therapy while you're binge listening a podcast, but I wouldn't recommend it straight.

On 12/10/2021 at 22:04, TheGaffer said:

Bit late to the party but my god Murder By Numbers is brilliant. Love the aesthetics, as others have said it nails that Nintendo DS vibe. Music is great and anything with Picross in it is generally brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Well done to @Ed-Eand team. Everyone please buy it so they make more.

I never finished it because towards the end the difficulty level his "Just obnoxious" but it was fun getting to that point. I guess I should hint scum the rest to see what happens.

I was originally planning to play the Castlevania GBA Collection games in order but Aria of Sorrow is just so fucking good. Wish they could figure out a way to make Dawn of Sorrow and the other DS games work - A button to switch screens, maybe? I can’t remember if you ever need to use them both at the same time.

4 hours ago, Paulando said:

I was originally planning to play the Castlevania GBA Collection games in order but Aria of Sorrow is just so fucking good. Wish they could figure out a way to make Dawn of Sorrow and the other DS games work - A button to switch screens, maybe? I can’t remember if you ever need to use them both at the same time.

In dawn of sorrow you had to draw a sigil to finish a boss off. After they realised how bad an idea that was they left it for maps and menus in future games.

On 18/10/2021 at 03:32, Dig Dug said:

In dawn of sorrow you had to draw a sigil to finish a boss off. After they realised how bad an idea that was they left it for maps and menus in future games.

I always assumed it was in built copy protection to make sure people were playing on the actual hardware.

Which was rubbish for people like me trying to play it on public transport.

Emulation back then isn't what it is now, they would've been more worried about flash cards. I think they genuinely believed they were on to something with that.

They could do a DS collection with side-by-side screens maybe, and a virtual stylus for when the Switch is docked. And patch the sigils to be an analogue stick mini-game.

8 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I always assumed it was in built copy protection to make sure people were playing on the actual hardware.

Which was rubbish for people like me trying to play it on public transport.

All of the early DS games used the touch screen just to be seen to be using it. Diddy Kong Racing DS had you spin the tyre on the touch screen to get a boost start which makes the game almost unplayable for me.