Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

I didn't remember this was a thing. Same team as the panzer Dragoon remake. WTF is going on with the U? It's horrible. I hope it's Dev art and will be improved upon for the final release.

Still. More light gun games, please. Confidential Mission, Ghost [nope]recon[/nope] Squad and Virtua Cop 1 & 2 to start with please Sega.

26 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I didn't remember this was a thing. Same team as the panzer Dragoon remake. WTF is going on with the U? It's horrible. I hope it's Dev art and will be improved upon for the final release.

Still. More light gun games, please. Confidential Mission, Ghost recon and Virtua Cop 1 & 2 to start with please Sega.

Can you use the Joycon as a pointer - similar to the Wii remote?

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Still. More light gun games, please. Confidential Mission, Ghost [nope]recon[/nope] Squad and Virtua Cop 1 & 2 to start with please Sega.

The Panzer Dragoon remake turned out really well, despite a bumpy launch. High hopes for this one. 

The team behind that and Panzer Dragoon have signed on with Nintendo to make something exclusively for them as well. Hoping for a Starfox remake. 

I like musicals, but unfortunately Songs for a Hero seems to miss that a significant — some might say essential — step when designing a musical is ensuring that its soundtrack isn't utterly, unbearably shit.

17 hours ago, mdn2 said:

The team behind that and Panzer Dragoon have signed on with Nintendo to make something exclusively for them as well. Hoping for a Starfox remake. 

I'm hoping for F-Zero X and Star Fox 64 remakes.

5 hours ago, Wiper said:

I like musicals, but unfortunately Songs for a Hero seems to miss that a significant — some might say essential — step when designing a musical is ensuring that its soundtrack isn't utterly, unbearably shit.

This is almost sweet in its earnest misunderstanding of what a musical is, and its “OC Remix contributor in music school” lyrics, but yeah. Not too many musicals use the lyrics to just describe what’s happening on the stage, and we’ve all played music games that run like an interactive musical.

20 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Technically Star Fox 64 was a Star Fox remake. Or reimagining. If the Panzer Dragoon team really are working

on something similar for Nintendo, I’d like to see this hypothetical Star Fox lean into the 64 version more, really, as has a more accomplished game design. Although I can also see the appeal of the original Star Fox being

remade with high-res, Starblade style graphics.

On 22/06/2021 at 10:10, Yasawas said:

Just started this - I don’t have any great love of the NES aesthetic but it does everything right so far, looking forward to playing more. I’ll probably pick up the sequel now it’s on sale too. Cheers!

And what a great idea to subtly signpost the save rooms - my chief bugbear from a lot of great Metroidesque games

Just 100%d Alwa’s Legacy and it’s really bloody good. More powers than the original, a different upgrade method, and clever dungeon mechanics.

Sadly, no signposted save points, but on the upside there are more of them and save points can now be converted into warps.

58 minutes ago, deKay said:

Just 100%d Alwa’s Legacy and it’s really bloody good. More powers than the original, a different upgrade method, and clever dungeon mechanics.

Sadly, no signposted save points, but on the upside there are more of them and save points can now be converted into warps.

I really should’ve picked it up on sale but I hung off until it was too late. Gah.

On the subject of completing 2D platformers with female protagoniststs, I finished Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World earlier. It’s so nearly recommendable but then shits the bed towards the end a bit with some frustrating boss/enemy design. That plus the high price, weak music and general “budget remake” feel that’s becoming a thing these days drags it down a bit sadly. I just wish they’d released the included emulated version on its own - it was a game I’d been interested in for years and never got round to, would’ve made a bigger impact as a Sega Ages release.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Is Fenyx Rising worth getting?

I'd be playing it handheld mostly probably but not sure yet - does it run fine on the Switch?

If the idea of Zelda crossed with Assassins Creed appeals then you’ll love it. It’s very much an Ubisoft game but it’s the best version of their template in a long time.

My eldest has the Switch version (I played on PC) and it seems to run impressively well.