Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 hour ago, Yasawas said:

Yes. But two wrongs don’t make a right. 

More positively, Katamari Damacy and Mr Driller are £3.99 apparently! Quite a few other Bandai Namco too. Although not Dark Souls because it never is 😐

I just bought Mr Driller last week, no regrets though as it is more than worth full price. I hadn't got on with my previous go with a Mr Driller game but this was much more engaging. Possibly because the 5 different versions helped to learn more about how to think and plan in the game. I'm still shit at it, on the Level 2 courses on Casual mode, but I'm having a lot of fun playing it and trying to improve. 

Pretty sure everyone knows about Katamati Damacy but both are well worth giving a go especially at that price .

5 minutes ago, deerokus said:

There is a Namco collection of arcade versions, but bizarrely it seems to be physical only (maybe delisted for some reason). 

This one. 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F8WHNB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_4K06D7G0XPH71DMSSF6K

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/NAMCO-MUSEUM-ARCADE-PAC--1450224.html

Is this the same thing?

39 minutes ago, deerokus said:

That's it. Didn't come up when I searched for it, thanks to Nintendo’s great search engine I'm sure. 

It's so much easier to just search it on Google and use the Nintendo link which is more than faintly ridiculous. But Y'know Nintendo.

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Ayo, game of the year right here. 

I can’t believe it’s not Yoshi

The biweekly Resident Evil sale is on again just on the off chance any new Switch owners haven’t made the obligatory repurchase of RE4 yet. 

I’m on a bit of an RE jag myself having just finished RE2 (2019), started REThreemake and finally beating RE0 not long back. Revelations 2 is pretty much all I need now but even at £6 I just don’t fancy it. 

On 01/07/2021 at 12:26, iloverage said:

I just bought both volumes of the Namco Museum Archives not realising that they all contain NES/FC ports and not the arcade versions. Boo!

On 01/07/2021 at 12:40, deerokus said:

There is a Namco collection of arcade versions, but bizarrely it seems to be physical only (maybe delisted for some reason). 

This one. 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F8WHNB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_4K06D7G0XPH71DMSSF6K

34 minutes ago, Dudley said:

There is a difference between the two, I *think* it might be pacman CE2. 

Was it 8 quid when I linked it?! I'm sure it wasn't on offer when the other Namco shit went up...

2 hours ago, Yasawas said:

The biweekly Resident Evil sale is on again just on the off chance any new Switch owners haven’t made the obligatory repurchase of RE4 yet. 

I’m on a bit of an RE jag myself having just finished RE2 (2019), started REThreemake and finally beating RE0 not long back. Revelations 2 is pretty much all I need now but even at £6 I just don’t fancy it. 

Revelations 2 is fairly good, certainly better than 0.

14 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Yeah it seems to have been added. 

Odd thing: when you go to the Namco page from that page on the Switch it has different games listed than the Namco Museum Vol 1 and 2, like there's two different Namco Bandai headings.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Odd thing: when you go to the Namco page from that page on the Switch it has different games listed than the Namco Museum Vol 1 and 2, like there's two different Namco Bandai headings.

Namco Bandai and Nando Bamcai!

On 01/07/2021 at 17:44, acidbearboy said:

Does anybody have an opinion on Dusk Diver? Is it more action or RPG? Currently 50% off. 

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/dusk-diver

Like a B Astral Chain. Looks beautiful and they’ve done well replicating a real life town in the anime style. But it is very limited and the real lack of variation in its gameplay means that it does get dull fast. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Revelations 2 is fairly good, certainly better than 0.

I loved Zero! It was one of those games I must’ve started half a dozen times over the years but for some reason it clicked this time and once I got off the train I adored it. Maybe I was just in the mood for a right clunky game like they used to make.

On 01/07/2021 at 21:26, iloverage said:

I just bought both volumes of the Namco Museum Archives not realising that they all contain NES/FC ports and not the arcade versions. Boo!

Solid ports though and both contain a newly coded NES game. One being a demake of Pac-Man Championship Edition!

Got sent code for A Plague Tale Innocence, which is a cloud version. Looking forward to seeing how it plays. I had an ok experience with the Control trial.

Are there any good tennis games for Switch that aren't Mario Tennis? I had Virtua Tennis on Vita which got me by, but nothing stands out on Switch that I can see.

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Are there any good tennis games for Switch that aren't Mario Tennis? I had Virtua Tennis on Vita which got me by, but nothing stands out on Switch that I can see.

Not my sort of games but there is tennis world tour & instant tennis, 2 different styles so maybe one of them will appeal to you?

8 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Not my sort of games but there is tennis world tour & instant tennis, 2 different styles so maybe one of them will appeal to you?

Apparently TWT is dreadful. Will look up Instant Tennis

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Apparently TWT is dreadful. Will look up Instant Tennis

The sequel was given to Big Ant (who made the AO Tennis series) after Nacon bought them out. I played a bit of AO Tennis 2 on the PS4 which seemed ok if rather unexciting compared to Virtua Tennis.