Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

How are  Bastion or Transistor on the Switch? Both are pretty cheap and as they are made by the same people as Hades, they have piqued my interest.

However, are they quite similar to Hades? I'm probably going to get that in the second half of the year, but don't want to burn out on similar games before then.

Not played any of their others, but I came away from Bastion pretty underwhelmed. Lovely visuals and overall aesthetic, but something about it left me feeling a little cold. Perfectly fine game, but didn't quite understand the buzz I had heard about it for so many years. 

I've not played Bastion but Transistor is not the same. But it has a lot of cosmetic similarities - They look similar, and the feel of the art and the dialogue is not far off but the setting is different. The delivery of the story feels very similar. Small bits of dialogue and lore uncovered as you play. It's a really interesting comparison to Hades. 

Hades is very much twitchy gameplay despite stats and stuff being part of it. Transistor is a sort of seamless mix of action with some light strategy / queuing of moves. It's hard to describe. It's not turn based but you can effectively freeze / slow down time, queue up some actions so it's more strategic, with some time to stop and think about how you might approach a group of enemies. You can just kinda hack and slash but that doesn't seem to work so well. I found Hades much more fast and furious. 

I really enjoyed Transistor. It's short and sweet unless you decide to do replays and I thought the art style and vibe were really lovely. 

I felt like playing Bastion because I loved Transistor but was a bit afraid it'd let me down and never got around to it. 

4 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

Not played any of their others, but I came away from Bastion pretty underwhelmed. Lovely visuals and overall aesthetic, but something about it left me feeling a little cold. Perfectly fine game, but didn't quite understand the buzz I had heard about it for so many years. 

Yeah, I don't want to dis Bastion too much as it is worth a punt at £2 but after an hour I just gave up. It felt a bit ploddy.

Hades is better than both of them. Bastion was very fresh and exciting at the time but they've since made stuff that is just as beautiful and well-written but plays much better. 

Why is Pyre still not on switch or xbox? 

19 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Why is Pyre still not on switch or xbox? 

They're a small team and can only focus on one thing at a time. It's probably the same reason Hades isn't on PS or Xbox yet either. 

I enjoyed Transistor quite a bit, enough to finish it when it was on PSPlus years ago anyway, but bounced off Bastion a couple of times now. People raved about it on release tho iirc.

I loved Bastion but just couldn't get into Transistor. I think I just wanted more of the same and it's too different and fiddly gameplay wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Revelations games worth one’s time? I’ve heard the first isn’t up to much but the second is pretty good, is that fair?

Was just going through the Coming Soon on eshop and I spot Zombies ate my neighbor's is coming on 28/06.

£11.99 not to badly priced. So getting that just a fun title from the SNES era.

On 09/05/2021 at 17:38, Popo said:

Are the Revelations games worth one’s time? I’ve heard the first isn’t up to much but the second is pretty good, is that fair?

I’m also curious to know this. I’ve accidentally found myself playing through the whole RE series, largely on the Switch, and am debating whether to go full completist.

On 09/05/2021 at 17:38, Popo said:

This is indeed correct. 2 is a good Resi game.  1 is pretty rubbish 

14 hours ago, the_debaser said:

It’s not a remaster is it? Should be free on the Switch online service. 

Ghoul Patrol wasn’t that great either, not a patch on Zombies. 

Except Disney.

On 11/05/2021 at 09:03, moosegrinder said:

I'd prolly pay 12 quid for the pair. Definitely not each.

I think it's £12 for Zombies, Ghoul Patrol just comes free with it because no one would pay for that crap-fest!