Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

1 hour ago, Twinbee said:

The Banner Saga is hugely atmospheric and #perfectforswitch

Turn-based battles mixed with Telltale style branching storyline. Cracking animation too.

Would definitely second this, incredibly atmospheric and beautiful to look at. Has some good mechanics too that require slightly different strategies to most SRPG's.

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

I think that may be too much of a sim for me.

Grid isn't a sim. It's good. 

I found civ 6 pretty fiddly to play  handheld on the small screen. Xcom 2 isn't any more sluggish than the ps4/xbox versions. It's a pretty decent port. 

11 minutes ago, milko said:

RISE: Race the Future was one of those that had some fans on here, I keep meaning to try it.

There's a massive caveat that come with Rise, and that's you have to alter the sliders for each car to make them playable. It took me a good while to find a way to make it work, plus advice from people in here.

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

No. I just fancy a proper racing game on the Switch.

If you want an “open world” arcade racing game it’s great and still plays well today. Not everyone gets on with the structure of it though, and the fact that you have to learn different routes across the map to get the most from it, so maybe do some research around that first. Also you can get it for about a tenner on the Russia / S Africa stores.

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

No. I just fancy a proper racing game on the Switch.

I’d say it’s well worth it though (and I know you said you fancy it on the switch) I should point out it’s often available on Xbox one for £5 if that appeals / is an option. 

How come I’ve never heard of Huntdown?

I have to second the similarities to Robocop vs Terminator. I think it’s the way the game scrolls and it’s presentation.

£10 is too for me. I’ll pick it up when they drop it to £5 which is my limit for indie downloads. 

Im part of the problem ain’t I? 

8 hours ago, mwaawm said:

The street fighter games in the Capcom arcade archive seem incredibly slow to me nothing like how I remember the original  arcades

90% of the SFII cabs were sped up bootlegs.

10 hours ago, deKay said:

Would that explain the weird way the cut scene animations  and music could be madly sped up on some of them by holding the buttons down?

1 hour ago, mwaawm said:

Would that explain the weird way the cut scene animations  and music could be madly sped up on some of them by holding the buttons down?

Yep. And being able to play as the bosses (before Championship edition) and throw fireballs in the air and change character mid-fight and all sorts. Bootlegs were wild.

EDIT: Rainbow edition is the most common and well known example, probably: https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_II′:_Rainbow_Edition

On 23/02/2021 at 08:01, deKay said:

I remember playing one where I think you could jump, through about four hadoukens before switching to Blanka and cannonballing into your opponent. Some were quite fun really.  

It varied a lot. In one sense it didn’t matter when you were only dropping 20p on it and the effects were random — I’ve got a Pandora Box around here somewhere stuffed with them and it’s kind of cute firing one of them up to see just how broken it was — but I do recall noting where the “bad” bootlegs were back in the day, because I’d never really play them twice. There was always another cabinet somewhere else that was more fair for competitive play. I guess that probably wasn’t so good for the owners making money on them.