Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Went to the russian eshop for the cheaper version of Phoenix Wright (dont usually bother with switching countries unless its a case of double/triple dipping on games I own on other platforms) whilst there thought I may was well pick up Samurai Shodown Deluxe edition as well. 

Oh man, this sale is going to kill me. I already have a huge backlog. but now a fair few games I had down to pick up when the ‘price is right’ are under £20. Today alone I’ve added Two Point Hospital for £17, Zombie Army Trilogy for £15, and NFS for £17.

On 30/12/2020 at 11:12, moosegrinder said:

All that helps, thanks very much both :)

I hope you ended up trying the Persona Q games as I have racked up 120 hours on each and they are brilliant. The dungeon crawling is pure Etrian but the variety of settings really sets them apart.

4 hours ago, smac said:

I've been meaning to ask that for ages, as that always seems to be on sale.

Apparently it's basically a budget FFT. A bit dull, bland and not as deep. Might be worth a go if you really want an FFT type game but otherwise avoid.

Fell Seal gets recommended as a similar but much better game.

Yeah, one of my favourite ST games (and one of a vanishingly small number that I actually finished). Never played the arcade version, so I'm particularly happy at the idea of picking up an arcade-perfect edition :)

On 06/01/2021 at 16:55, Wiper said:

Yeah, one of my favourite ST games (and one of a vanishingly small number that I actually finished). Never played the arcade version, so I'm particularly happy at the idea of picking up an arcade-perfect edition :)

The ST version was pretty much arcade perfect!

I might pick up rodland - was only recently i played some of the arcade version on mame. Loved the game on the Amiga though, completed it several times.

I got the bomberman game and double switch earlier of the eshop. I think double switch was more for curiosity sake - never got the game on the Mega CD, and from a brief play earlier i doubt i'll play it much.

Bomberman seems pretty average, wish they stuck with the view of the original games (infact the snes games look better imo). Online retains the overhead view but still doesn't look as nice.

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

On the whole this is probably a good thing. So much shovelware exploiting the system by offering special prices at like 80p to go shooting up the charts. 

I mean Nintendo could just not let people publish shovelware on their platform no? Then everyone wins.