Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

18 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Ok  in lonely mountains have just got another 8 parts so wondering what should be my third bike....I've already got the Boar and was wondering whether to get Geronimo or instead go for the Pacebreaker?

I forget the name but the one with all the suspension and none of the speed is essential for skipping massive chunks of the mountain out!

Don't know if this is the best thread, but let's try anyway: my wife has got interested in otome games and would like one for Christmas. The two she is interested in on Switch are Collar X Malice and Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth.

Unfortunately aside from Hatoful Boyfriend, I have no clue about the genre.

Are there are any Switch otome fans here? Do you have any views on either of those two games? Are there any other otome games on the Switch that I should take a look at?

Thanks!

I enjoyed Code: Realize on Vita, admittedly largely because of the art style; it's a pretty generic, very well-executed otome. Not played Collar X Malice, but being the same studio I'd expect more of the same - either is likely to be a safe bet, even before your wife's explicit suggesting of them - they're pretty much 'standard' otome, nothing too quirky about them to put a genre fan off!

The other main option I can think of would be Nightshade, which really depends on how much your wife enjoys the setting (ninjas in feudal Japan). Also how much you enjoy emptying your bank account, as it's not the cheapest otome out there.

The other options to consider would be visual novels/adventures that aren't otome, but share qualities with the genre. Stuff like (the genuinely brilliant) 80 Days, which effortlessly stitches together a series of short stories based on player action and choices; a western romance visual novel like Cinders, which is a reimagining of (you guessed it) Cinderella; or gentle, quirky bartender/barista-em-ups VA1-1 Hall-A and Coffee Story. None follow the exact structure or style of otome, but they share the focus on characters, dialogue and story. And they tend to be cheaper, shorter games, so could work as digital stocking fillers, if you think she might enjoy them!

On 14/11/2020 at 18:27, ZOK said:

It’s like running through the National Portrait Gallery in an hour so you can say you looked at all the paintings.

On 14/11/2020 at 18:37, Chooch said:

I did this at the Louvre! 

On 14/11/2020 at 20:54, the_debaser said:

Me too. It was so busy I couldn’t be fucked with it. The Mona Lisa was tiny too. 

Chooch and debaser, the security footage:

In my head Anna Karina was on roller skates. Maybe I was thinking of this:

1 hour ago, Graham S said:

Chooch and debaser, the security footage:

In my head Anna Karina was on roller skates. Maybe I was thinking of this:

Are you thinking of Steve Martin roller skating round a gallery in LA Story (which weirdly I can't find on youtube)?

On 24/11/2020 at 13:13, Jolly said:

Has there been any rumours of a Black Friday sale this week? Seems fairly likely and I'm eager to spend hours agonising over what to buy before leaving with nothing. 

5 minutes ago, hazeredmist said:

Ah damn :( Not to worry. The wait goes on! Cheers

One of the developers has just said on Resetera that it will be on sale in the EU before the end of the year, which is something.