Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

22 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

How is the gameplay in that? Is it a match for the story stuff?

It's split between platforming and point and click. Dan is a platformer, Ben is a point and click character. You have to switch between them to proceed through each level. I really enjoyed both gameplay parts it, but some people found it fiddly. I never did.

I'm going to shill myself again and link my (spoiler-free) review of it for MHG https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/lair-of-the-clockwork-god-review/

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's split between platforming and point and click. Dan is a platformer, Ben is a point and click character. You have to switch between them to proceed through each level. I really enjoyed both gameplay parts it, but some people found it fiddly. I never did.

I'm going to shill myself again and link my (spoiler-free) review of it for MHG https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/lair-of-the-clockwork-god-review/

Great review. It sounds like the ludology vs narratology debate played out in some kind of meta heaven. I'm in.

Just got my first 1st place in mario 35! while suddenly getting an eye migraine a quarter of the way through so I couldnt see the floor ahead except at the far edge of the screen. Pulled some amazing moves and flukes though, jumping a line of goombs without touching the floor, then a trooper that was on top of a pirhana plant so it saved me , then 50 marioseconds left , trapped under a row of blocks and with no flower power and thankfully other person died. Wish I could see their screen back that I was competing against.

Its goood

2 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Incredible game. Worth every penny at full price, never mind with any kind of discount.

I'd agree with this. It's a proper investigative mystery. You really feel smart when you piece together what's gone on. 

I loved Obra Dinn, and was quite a way in (basically I knew why probably half the people had died and been ‘off’ the OD so you can probably imagine where), then stopped playing. I haven’t gone back because I’m worried I’ve forgotten all the stuff I’d pieced together and not recorded, anyone done similar and found it easy to get back into?

Just now, Soi said:

Is Obra Dinn kid friendly (9-11)?

There's a fair amount of violence in it - it's all in black and white and they're all static moments of death, but some of them are quite extreme. 

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

I loved Obra Dinn, and was quite a way in (basically I knew why probably half the people had died and been ‘off’ the OD so you can probably imagine where), then stopped playing. I haven’t gone back because I’m worried I’ve forgotten all the stuff I’d pieced together and not recorded, anyone done similar and found it easy to get back into?

I got about 95% of the way, then stopped. Then I bought it again on Switch and started again. I couldn’t remember anything from the first play through so it still felt fresh, but my skills of deductive reasoning had improved. Start again!

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

There's a fair amount of violence in it - it's all in black and white and they're all static moments of death, but some of them are quite extreme. 

Yeah, there are a number of points where you’re like: ‘hmm, was he beheaded, or impaled?’

Think this is going to be a no.....

but has anyone bought the Leisure Suit Larry game? I remember them being mildly amusing on the Pc years ago, think I had them all on floppy disc! I didn’t play any of the Later ones on console, however this looks most like the older games, still a fun point and click?

I’ve bought Hades, NBA Playgrounds 2 and Obra Din in the last 24 hours so I’m trying to justify buying this as well :lol:

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

Think this is going to be a no.....

but has anyone bought the Leisure Suit Larry game? I remember them being mildly amusing on the Pc years ago, think I had them all on floppy disc! I didn’t play any of the Later ones on console, however this looks most like the older games, still a fun point and click?

It's a no. Anything after Al Lowe stopped being involved lost whatever mildly amusing they had before.

5 hours ago, deerokus said:

Has xcom 2 been patched up and performing better? Very tempted to triple dip for the portability. 

I bought this the day before it went on sale and yeah, aside from a pretty substantial but extremely short-lived dip on a mission intro cut scene (which tbf I put down to loading) it's been pretty mmuch flawless. Looks great too; though I will say my last portable XCOM was on the Vita, so...