Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

What's the indie game where there is a block you have to make jump, but can only do it when its your turn on the appropriate coloured bar (I believe the bars were pink and green)? I saw it on TV and it looked good fun. Cheers

Since I was grumbling about the eShop’s UI the other day I will give them credit for adding a handy feature - when games are on sale (ones on your wishlist in any case) it now highlights from the main thumbnail when the offer expires now. 

Road to Guangdong is a cracking visual novel/road trip simulator set in early 90s Guangdong. I've got real affection and experience with the area and culture, but I think it's got a lot to offer even if you don't. It's rare to play something which genuinely feels culturally Chinese, and it's a touching, grounded story. 

Here's a few of my thoughts and an interview with the writer and composer over at Mental Health Gaming: https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/exploring-road-to-guangdong/

And another full review on the site from Brent: https://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/road-to-guangdong-review/

23 hours ago, CovisGod said:

And I’m done...

Wow, that was really incredible.

Been umming and ahhing about purchasing this now it's in the sale I think I have no more excuses and will take the plunge.

10 hours ago, Marlew said:

Road to Guangdong is a cracking visual novel/road trip simulator set in early 90s Guangdong. I've got real affection and experience with the area and culture, but I think it's got a lot to offer even if you don't. It's rare to play something which genuinely feels culturally Chinese, and it's a touching, grounded story. 

Sounds like something @jcafarley might enjoy.

So I have some birthday cash to spend... need some switch game suggestions... I have most of the big hitters (botw, MK, Odyssey etc). Any suggestions for games that might have flown under the radar? Was thinking of Obra Dinn and Edith Finch but I am open to anyone's radical ideas...

What kind of genres - there's a lot of stuff on Switch now!

I mean maybe Into the Breach, or maybe Dead Cells, or Ruiner etc etc

I'll start with a big hitter that not everyone has - Mario / Rabbids - it's almost always on sale now and is fabulous.

19 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

So I have some birthday cash to spend... need some switch game suggestions... I have most of the big hitters (botw, MK, Odyssey etc). Any suggestions for games that might have flown under the radar? Was thinking of Obra Dinn and Edith Finch but I am open to anyone's radical ideas...

I haven't played a whole lot this year but Obra Dinn is a very very special game if you like the look of it.

19 minutes ago, rgraves said:

What kind of genres - there's a lot of stuff on Switch now!

I mean maybe Into the Breach, or maybe Dead Cells, or Ruiner etc etc

I'll start with a big hitter that not everyone has - Mario / Rabbids - it's almost always on sale now and is fabulous.

Dead Cells has always tempted me... Into The Breach and Rabbids I already have. I missed out on Astral Chain and Paper Mario...

13 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Dead Cells has always tempted me... Into The Breach and Rabbids I already have. I missed out on Astral Chain and Paper Mario...

Did you like Bayo? If so, Astral Chain would deffo get a recommendation. It's very 'platinum', so if you like their other stuff then go for it.

Leftfield - but personally I really enjoyed it:

Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/TINY-METAL-FULL-METAL-RUMBLE-1595198.html

2 hours ago, rgraves said:

Did you like Bayo? If so, Astral Chain would deffo get a recommendation. It's very 'platinum', so if you like their other stuff then go for it.

Leftfield - but personally I really enjoyed it:

Tiny Metal Full Metal Rumble: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/TINY-METAL-FULL-METAL-RUMBLE-1595198.html

Never played any Bayonetta... 

Just had £50 of eshop credit delivered as a gift from work as well. It's all mounting up! 

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

Gamespot also gave it a 9. Buying now. Sounds like Phoenix Wright meets Breath of the Wild :blink2:

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-reviews/paradise-killer-review/1900-6417557/

Wow. Just wow. I saw screenshots of the game a few weeks back, and thought it looked incredible, but was convinced it would be rubbish. Its a British developer too.

Shut up and take my money!

Having never played Picross before, I'm surprised to find myself enjoying Murder By Numbers a great deal after buying it back in March. It's essentially Phoenix Wright with Picross, but it's very addictive and I'm hooked on the murder mystery story. I started on easy mode but have since kicked it up to the default difficulty and am making steady progress. It's sort of like Sudoku mixed with Battleships. Good stuff so far :)