IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

3 minutes ago, friedgold said:

So I guess my £25 birthday giftcard is getting a nailing tonight.

Castlevania Anniversary @ £3.99

Not Tonight @ £1.94

Regions of Ruin @ £5.39

Anything else  I should be looking at for at similar prices?

If you are after a local co-op game, I highly recommend Death Squared, which is currently £1.19, there is a demo if you want to try it out.

I love Kid Dracula. Gets really hard though if I remember right. 

I’ve got both the Castlevania and Contra collections already but they’re both essential at four quid. The two Mega Drive games alone, which are secretly the best entries in either series, are worth that. 

1 hour ago, Yasawas said:

I love Kid Dracula. Gets really hard though if I remember right. 

I’ve got both the Castlevania and Contra collections already but they’re both essential at four quid. The two Mega Drive games alone, which are secretly the best entries in either series, are worth that. 

Yes to all of this. It's weird as Kid Dracula is very obviously aimed at a younger audience than the Castlevania games proper, but it's sorta hard for kids. 

One nice thing is that the contra collection also has the Japanese version of Hard Corps, which is a bit fairer/easier. They're both very good packages, definitely among the best retro collections around. I bought the Capcom Beat Em Up bundle recently which is passable but lacks all the bonus features Konami and M2 put into these. 

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just seen that Contra and Castlevania collections are like £3.99

Be rude not to, really.

The Konami arcade one is too - mostly shooters like Gradius and Twinbee.

That's a game that is so much easier on a tiny screen than in the arcade - makes a huge difference when all of the action is in a smaller area in your field of vision, instead of spread all over an arcade cab monitor. Especially the meteor section.

One of my favourite games from back in the day.

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh the other Konami Collection, Arcade Classics is £3.99 too.

Thanks for the heads up. It's a steal at that price. Scramble, Nemesis/Gradius, Lifeforce and Vulcan Venture are all quality old school arcade shooters.

3 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Is Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair worth 12 quid?

Absolutely yes. It’s far better than the shitty ‘normal’ game. Still feels a bit rough around the edges like some British-made games do, but it’s fun to play and is well-designed.

11 hours ago, smac said:

That's a game that is so much easier on a tiny screen than in the arcade - makes a huge difference when all of the action is in a smaller area in your field of vision, instead of spread all over an arcade cab monitor. Especially the meteor section.

One of my favourite games from back in the day.

Yeah, deffo. I got to have a go at the arcade at Four Quarters on my brother's stag, but was pretty pissed and can't remember if that improved or hobbled my game. I vaguely remember having a bit of a crowd around me at one point!