IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 minute ago, Stejay said:

My wife is after more games now for her Nintendo Animal Crossing Player.  Is there a decent Mahjong game on the eShop?  As in the matching tiles type, not the proper gambling game.

It's not too bad - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Pure-Mahjong-1579159.html

21 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Care to elaborate? I don't particularly like either faction but the last time I saw GAF it had descended into an alt-right shithole and it seems that the posters there are still using terminology like "cucked".

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I had a look this evening and found that the first unstickied thread in their Off-Topic was an 89 page-long epic about arses, which I found oddly poetic.

ahem.thumb.png.0f674a99e94c2d703dcdba049b924b08.png

They have lost all the lunatics that were dragging them down. You used to get banned at the tiniest thing - you can see that madness has carried over to resetera where any deviation from whatever the party line is gets you banned. They've banned a hilarious amount of people.

At least on Gaf you can say stuff without being nuked now. Much better as a result. You just have to inwardly disagree with what you read a bit more. 

It's quieter too, moves at a slower pace. Another improvement. 

38 minutes ago, Stejay said:

What is the situation with sharing digital Switch games?  If I put my account on my wife's machine, she would be able to play my games as long as I don't go online on mine at the same time?

Yup.  That's about the size of it.

Your primary Switch can be online, offline, it doesn't give a fuck (apart from needed to be online to play NES and SNES games as part of your online service).

Your wife's Switch will ALWAYS have to be online with your account logged in to play Switch games.  Also, you will have to be offline.

It's so user friendly.

I got to hang out with one of my best mates all day yesterday before I take off for work for a few months minimum (hopefully), naturally we spent this time playing as many local multiplayer games as we could. And what a day; Streets of Rage 4, Huntdown, What The Golf?, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Hidden In Plain Sight, Black & White Bushido, Crawl, Enter The Gungeon. God bless the Switch. :wub:

5 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

I got to hang out with one of my best mates all day yesterday before I take off for work for a few months minimum (hopefully), naturally we spent this time playing as many local multiplayer games as we could. And what a day; Streets of Rage 4, Huntdown, What The Golf?, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Hidden In Plain Sight, Black & White Bushido, Crawl, Enter The Gungeon. God bless the Switch. :wub:

I can’t find God bless the Switch in the eshop. Which region are you using?

4 hours ago, Fondue said:

Just completed it - some nice brain benders. Definitely a hint of The Witness about it in parts too, but very much The Portal Parable..! 

Yasss. Everything I hear about this makes it sound right up my street. Picked it up earlier while the launch discount was still available and will hopefully get a stretch to complete it in one sitting later  - I never do that but I’ve heard from a few sources it’s the way to play through this if possible. 

6 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

You made a terrible mistake.

I unironically hold a candle for Bubsy. The box art took up the entire back of a Rice Krispies box for a competition back in the day. I earned my copy by tracing the design and adding some flair. That was a platformer that rewarded patience and memorisation. The modern DK games are 80's coin sinks. 

The modern DK games are harsh but fair. I loved Tropical Freeze because the two prior Mario games were painfully easy and with DK I actually got a Nintendo platformer with challenge for the first time in a decade.

(I wish it was cheaper so I could buy it again for Switch).

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

The modern DK games are harsh but fair. I loved Tropical Freeze because the two prior Mario games were painfully easy and with DK I actually got a Nintendo platformer with challenge for the first time in a decade.

(I wish it was cheaper so I could buy it again for Switch).

One of the great things with first party Switch games is that if you buy a physical copy second hand, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll be able to sell it on for what you paid for it no matter how long you’ve had it for. Even if you buy it new you’ll only lose a few quid.