IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

5 hours ago, deerokus said:

Very early impressions of Cross Code are awesome, in gameplay terms it's an unusual mix of dual joystick shooter, puzzle game and a 90s action rpg. Something like Alundra. 

How is the sluggish menus etc that the reviews mention?

There needs to be some sort of curation on the eshop from Nintendo now, the amount of low-effort piss-poor shite going for around a fiver is unbelievable, targeted at casual customers who deserve better. It makes me angry, as you know some people are going to get ripped off, while decent looking games like Shudder from a forumite (APM?) on here apparently have a hard time getting through the approval process. What the hell are Nintendo playing at?

there is far too much shit, its getting like the old xbox live indie store where games were sold for 80 points.

there is the £2 at launch shit, then the sneaky £10 at launch so it can be sold for 90p a few weeks later with a big '90% off sale' banner.

Yeah, it's frustrating that a Cooking Mama game that melts consoles and wasn't even authorised by the IP owners makes it to the eShop, but legit, well-crafted games from smaller devs are declined. Did they ever give a reason for turning Shudder away?

XBLIG was great, though, because MS were fairly open about the fact it was a bit of a lawless frontier. You knew every purchase was a bit of a gamble, but the community did a decent job of reviewing a lot of that stuff.

Nintendo’s brand is family friendly fare - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Labo, Animal Crossing, etc. 

Why on earth would they pollute that with Wanking Simulator DX or Perving at Massive Anime Diddies: The Card Game?

40 minutes ago, Popo said:

Nintendo’s brand is family friendly fare - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Labo, Animal Crossing, etc. 

Why on earth would they pollute that with Wanking Simulator DX or Perving at Massive Anime Diddies: The Card Game?

Animi has been popular in Japan since the 1980's. 

31 minutes ago, Quest said:

They seem to have convinced themselves that parental controls mean anything on the eShop is fair game. 

I agree with this though. No reason not to have adult games on it, same as any other platform.

Shit games though, that's a different problem.

(I would like to be able to hide some of the risque icons from my home screen though. No I'm not a perv just some games have massive animenorks as icons)

3 hours ago, friedgold said:

Was having a little look in the Coming Soon page on the the eShop yesterday while waiting for CrossCode to become available when I saw this.

Presented without comment, though with a censored NSFW warning

I’m playing with motion controls!

1 hour ago, Quest said:

XBLIG was great, though, because MS were fairly open about the fact it was a bit of a lawless frontier. You knew every purchase was a bit of a gamble, but the community did a decent job of reviewing a lot of that stuff.

Chet and Jon's!

2 hours ago, deKay said:

I agree with this though. No reason not to have adult games on it, same as any other platform.

I agree, mostly. I just think it clashes with Nintendo's image a bit, and that they're overestimating how many people know about or enable parental controls.

2 hours ago, Stejay said:

Chet and Jon's!

Exactly! :wub:

I think someone here had a website covering XBLIG, too, though they eventually ran off to GAF/Era.

8 minutes ago, Quest said:

I agree, mostly. I just think it clashes with Nintendo's image a bit, and that they're overestimating how many people know about or enable parental controls.

Pretty sure it's right there when you turn it on for the first time and do the setup.

Of course, that's no use if the kid sets it up, but still.

7 hours ago, Horribleman said:

How is the sluggish menus etc that the reviews mention?

Definitely there - the menu takes like half a second pause to load each screen. I've hardly had to use the menus so far though. Performance otherwise seems OK and apparently the patch to fix those issues is already done and should be available soon. 

Seems like it was a headache to port as it's coded in html5 and there's no way to run that on consoles. 

The ganeplay and setting is really getting its teeth into me. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Seems like it was a headache to port as it's coded in html5 and there's no way to run that on consoles. 

Odd that’s an issue on the Switch when it was supported natively on the Wii U.

14 minutes ago, deKay said:

Odd that’s an issue on the Switch when it was supported natively on the Wii U.

Yeah there's an interview somewhere with the dev that mentions that. It isn't natively supported on any of the current consoles (maybe for security reasons?) Originally this was supposed to come out on WiiU for that reason but it took a lot longer to come out than they planned. 

11 hours ago, friedgold said:

Was having a little look in the Coming Soon page on the the eShop yesterday while waiting for CrossCode to become available when I saw this.

Nintendo-NES-Seal.png.f35163bcb21d905e2902baf058ab2cff.png

12 hours ago, friedgold said:

Finally. A game to get me hard.

On 09/07/2020 at 08:35, friedgold said:

This has now been removed from the eshop and is "not coming to Switch".