rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

18 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

There are a couple of Johnny Turbo arcade games on sale for 2 bucks each on the USA store - I have an account but I cannot use my card or paypal account to complete the purchase. What are my options?

Yep, that's the nature of the US eShop, unfortunately. You'll have to get credit via CDKeys or maybe PlayAsia. It tends not to work out especially cheap given the mark-up on US credit. I've only ever bought stuff off there when it's released early or the sale is exceptionally deep. 

There are several games in that series on sale on the UK shop. Have you looked at those?

Apparently this is the full list of EA titles coming in next 12 months.

The Fifa presumably will be the 3rd "Legacy edition" in a row.

18 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The Fifa presumably will be the 3rd "Legacy edition" in a row.

Already confirmed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

There are several games in that series on sale on the UK shop. Have you looked at those?

I think they're all on sale for less than 2 quid, but it's worth noting that not all of them are available on the UK eshop, presumably for licensing reasons. Night Slashers for example, which is the only one I want to play! 

It's a weird lineup of very old b and c-tier Data East stuff, for the most part. 

It’s a wee bit footery in handheld but Invisible Inc is still a great thing. Also I’m shite at it.

12 hours ago, deerokus said:

I think they're all on sale for less than 2 quid, but it's worth noting that not all of them are available on the UK eshop, presumably for licensing reasons. Night Slashers for example, which is the only one I want to play! 

It's a weird lineup of very old b and c-tier Data East stuff, for the most part. 

Night Slashers is the one I want! It’s $1.99 and not available on the UK store. I’ll see if I can find $8 worth of other stuff to make it worth my while. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Wonderm said:

Thought the switch was getting the new pga game too? 

That's 2k not EA....

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

That's 2k not EA....

Ah ignore me then. Historical association there

I always longed for PVZ Garden Warfare to find its way to its natural Nintendo home but most of the magic had gone by Battle for Neighborville.

Neo Geo Pocket games are getting a new lease of life under the banner of Neo Get Pocket Color Selection. They'll be $8 each.

EbNPkVRUEAAnhkD.jpg

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

I always longed for PVZ Garden Warfare to find its way to its natural Nintendo home but most of the magic had gone by Battle for Neighborville

Yeah it's so spectacularly mediocre. It's such a shame.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah it's so spectacularly mediocre. It's such a shame.

Maybe but there is soemthign important about the game. It runs on frostbyte 3 which means they must have made the engine work on switch. Give me a switch version of battlefield 4 you bastards!

5 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Neo turf masters and I can retire my physical ngpc. 

The original turf masters is already on switch and is brilliant.

• Upvote 1

It is, but the NGPC one is even better.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, deKay said:

It is, but the NGPC one is even better.

I don't remember it being better but I will now have to buy it to check (if it gets released)...

I very nearly bought a NGPC recently just to play Turf Masters before it dawned on me I have the bigger brother on Switch already (albeit under a much less cool name since they patched it :angry:). That system seems to be getting quite expensive now so it was probably a lucky escape. Is the handheld version actually better or different enough to be worth it?

Card Fighters Clash was the one I was always interested in from the Pocket and presumably one we won’t get nowadays. 

I've never played Card Fighters Clash (and avoided the DS version due to apparent bugs) so that's the one I'd like to see too.

Apparently there was a Japan-only sequel which has a fan translation?

I woke up this morning, saw Star Wars Racer and literally couldn't stop myself. I mean my thumbs made the decision before I did. Oops.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

I've never played Card Fighters Clash (and avoided the DS version due to apparent bugs) so that's the one I'd like to see too.

Apparently there was a Japan-only sequel which has a fan translation?

From what I remember they released a second fixed version on cart for the DS but finding one is a nightmare. NGPC games are a welcome addition even if we don't get to use the the satisfying clicky thumbstick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, makkuwata said:

I woke up this morning, saw Star Wars Racer and literally couldn't stop myself. I mean my thumbs made the decision before I did. Oops.

Is it any good? How much of a conversion is it? Does it have a lot of modern bells and whistles or is it just an up-rezzed version of the N64 or Dreamcast game?