Jump to content
rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Recommended Posts


I picked this up yesterday on the strength of the trailer, enjoying it so far.  I really like the voice acting and writing, it’s so much more naturalistic than many games.  It’s a murder mystery story where you solve puzzles, and there’s a neat system for clues where you create sentences out of things (about 1:04 in the trailer) but it still has the limitation of having to be the right sentence.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, I always meant to buy that too. Someone in here made me think twice about it before but I can't remember why now so I'm back in.

 

It's been an expensive morning though with impulsive splurges on Civ VI DLC, Virtua Racing and Fantasy Zone already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamn it, I really need to stop buying games. I already have a 400GB card full and I've just added this to the backlog. 

 

And what am I playing? Xenoblade (which I've already completed twice), Resi 4 (which I've already completed three times), Animal Crossing and Picross. :facepalm:

  • Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's common knowledge in here but Heave-Ho is bloody fantastic. Couch co-op madness. Well worth it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomcat said:

Had a play on The Takeover.  It's excellent 

Does not compute, not a metroid a like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I know it's common knowledge in here but Heave-Ho is bloody fantastic. Couch co-op madness. Well worth it. 

It’s amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Diablo III is half price (£25), I’ve never been into dungeon crawlers before but I’m really enjoying Minecraft Dungeons... Am I right to assume Diablo III is worth getting?

 

The fact it’s handheld means I can play it when I’m laid up In bed with my bad back (rather than getting the cheaper PC / Xbone version).

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StoooTube said:

I see Diablo III is half price (£25), I’ve never been into dungeon crawlers before but I’m really enjoying Minecraft Dungeons... Am I right to assume Diablo III is worth getting?

 

The fact it’s handheld means I can play it when I’m laid up In bed with my bad back (rather than getting the cheaper PC / Xbone version).

 

Diablo 3 on the Switch is very, very good. When I was stuck on the couch after surgery in 2018 it was a godsend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flub said:

 

Diablo 3 on the Switch is very, very good. When I was stuck on the couch after surgery in 2018 it was a godsend.


Awesome, sounds perfect! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2020 at 22:56, deKay said:

Bought Untold Stories but you can’t save your game, which is a massive fucking pain.


Oh ffs, I’ve just bought this, that is a real downer. How long does it take to play through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I’m loving pillars of eternity. Fantastic port with no issues so far,

 

Perfect for switch. I normally flit from game to game, but haven’t played anything else since I got this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:


Oh ffs, I’ve just bought this, that is a real downer. How long does it take to play through?

 

There’s 4 chapters, each one is no longer than an hour, and you can save after each one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandman said:

Well, I’m loving pillars of eternity. Fantastic port with no issues so far,

 

Perfect for switch. I normally flit from game to game, but haven’t played anything else since I got this.

Are you playing handheld? And please update us on what it's like several hours in/ by the time you complete the game. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, therearerules said:

Are you playing handheld? And please update us on what it's like several hours in/ by the time you complete the game. Thanks.

Playing handheld. I’m around 6 hours in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

That ain’t so bad after all.

I played the first chapter this January, staying at an old converted chapel for a birthday. We slept in the room towards the top of this creaking building, and I remember playing chapter 1 all the way through after my wife had gone to sleep. That's pretty much the perfect conditions for the game, so now that the weather has gotten worse, I implore everyone to play that first chapter late at night, in the dark, alone.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:


Oh ffs, I’ve just bought this, that is a real downer. How long does it take to play through?

Just finished it. Each of the four chapters is between 30 and 60 minutes, and it saves after each. You just can’t save during.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, therearerules said:

I played the first chapter this January, staying at an old converted chapel for a birthday. We slept in the room towards the top of this creaking building, and I remember playing chapter 1 all the way through after my wife had gone to sleep. That's pretty much the perfect conditions for the game, so now that the weather has gotten worse, I implore everyone to play that first chapter late at night, in the dark, alone.

Are there any jump scares? Spoiler if needed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big issues with Pillars of Eternity (which I'm sure they must've patched if they've patched anything) were not immediately obvious so keep an eye out. I was really enjoying it for about 10 hours but then noticed that a lot of buffs/debuffs just didn't work properly so the numeric bonuses were not being applied or applied wrongly, and then at one point just could not progress so my save was completely ruined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Card Fighters Clash please.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How my tastes have changed in recent years: having left my Xbox on all night downloading Red Dead 2 specifically for this morning I spent all my gaming time playing dominos and dots and lines on Switch instead. What a prick. 
 

(it was brilliant, I regret nothing)

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good way of putting it, it's like I have to learn to play the thing. Just let me be a cowboy ffs.

 

I play so little that isn't on Switch these days I find myself a) utterly stunned by how good the games look on X1 which is somehow about five years old now! and b) how looong everything takes. A is not worth B imo.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My other half has pretty much taken over my Xbox profile this last 18 months or so. He plays so much more on there compared to me. 

 

I say that, I completed Yakuza Zero while I was on lockdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.