rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

It's considerably more frustrating than Another World, but much shorter. And yes, it's gorgeous, a really nice use of its incredibly limited palette.

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

I’ve No nostalgia for cga - but that is beautiful. 

I'll give it that - it does well with what it has to work with. To be honest, EGA would probably ruin the effect.

Huge discount on Gal Gun 2 - about half price for the game and dlc compared to buying them separately.  Anyone played it?  Worth picking up?

Phoenix Wright trilogy is down to about a tenner on the SA store. I've got it on 3DS already and never completed it but I might have to get the Switch version anyway because reasons.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Phoenix Wright trilogy is down to about a tenner on the SA store. I've got it on 3DS already and never completed it but I might have to get the Switch version anyway because reasons.

It's much easier on Switch than on (3)DS.

5 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

It's much easier on Switch than on (3)DS.

Why's that? You don't have to shout at it any more?

Just now, Jamie John said:

Why's that? You don't have to shout at it any more?

Because when you are searching a scene for clues, when the pointer hovers over something, it tells you whether or not you have already investigated that place.  No more need to check every milimetre in case you miss something. 

• Upvote 3

I'm tempted by it, but I've already got the entire trilogy, plus Apollo Justice, plus Edgeworth Investigations, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. And the vs Layton game. If they ever actually released them all I could finally get rid, but as it is it's only ever the initial trilogy. Forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I remember seeing it on steam, and putting it on my 'i'ld love it on switch' list. Out today apparently. Getting bought.

3 minutes ago, therearerules said:

How spoilery is the review? I only read as far as to confirm it was the sequel to Her Story, and that's enough for me to buy it (also didn't realise it was out on Switch. Huzzah!)

I don't talk about the story at all. The closest I come is mentioning the actors 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it's the same everywhere but on the JP e-shop, NBA2K20 is only 385 yen.  That's reduced from 7700 yen.  So about 94% discount.

I don't like basketball but even I'm tempted by that 

11 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

I don't know if it's the same everywhere but on the JP e-shop, NBA2K20 is only 385 yen.  That's reduced from 7700 yen.  So about 94% discount.

I don't like basketball but even I'm tempted by that 

Looks to be Japan only.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/3076-nba-2k20

9 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

How tricky is it to buy off the Japanese eshop? 

I think you need to use a JP credit card or eshop points cards.  I believe PlayAsia do them.  Or, if PlayAsia isn't an option, I might be able to help you get one, although the smallest I can find is 1500 yen.  PlayAsia do 1000 yen ones.

Apparently NBA 2K20 is going to be £2.50 in the UK from the 18th. So no need to sort out JPN credit. 

Willing to give it a shot at that price and just play the franchise and season modes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Apparently NBA 2K20 is going to be £2.50 in the UK from the 18th. So no need to sort out JPN credit. 

Willing to give it a shot at that price and just play the franchise and season modes. 

Interesting. Where have you heard that? I believe it's something like a 60gb download though. That might put me off!

After buying Super Chariot ages ago for peanuts in a sale, I’d never bothered to load it up. For some reason, me and my 10 year old boy decided to have a try together. OH MY GOD! I don’t think we’ve ever laughed (and shouted!)so much playing a game before!   So much fun. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Interesting. Where have you heard that? I believe it's something like a 60gb download though. That might put me off!

Chris Scullion on Twitter mentioned it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mystacon said:

Do you think it would work well as a couch co-op game?

No. It is a very personal experience I think. 

Trying the following for couch co-op experiences

Contradiction: Spot the Liar 
The Bunker
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
The Complex

The Shapeshifting Detective

A mix of quality, but I enjoyed them all to a degree.  

• Upvote 2

2064: Read Only Memories Integral is £2.28 on sale at the minute. Heard good things about it, so worth a punt for that. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/05/2020 at 11:39, Gotters said:

this looks cool, out in summer

OMG the voiceover and music.

This got past me yesterday....

Me + Switch + Tent + Woods + Night = Proper way to play for max NOPE!

Cosmic Star Heroine is a couple of quid, it's a good chrono trigger-ish rpg from the Breath of Death/Cthulu Saves The World dev. Thing I like about is that it has a fun and unique combat system and for a 16 bit style rpg is really quick and snappy, no long cutscenes, gets you into combat right away, when you die you just instantly restart the battle with no loading. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, bradigor said:

This got past me yesterday....

Me + Switch + Tent + Woods + Night = Proper way to play for max NOPE!

Is that a port of the Bloober team game, the one that runs terribly even on the Xbox One X? 

Edit: Yup.