rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Oh and for games that should sell well on the Switch... Lonely Mountains: Downhill comes out next week. It is glorious!

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, deKay said:

Bury Me My Love

While it's a great game, the Switch version is massively fucked. It crashes my Switch every 5 minutes or so and looking online it seems that it's happening with all copies. 

The game itself is great, just play it elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Oh and for games that should sell well on the Switch... Lonely Mountains: Downhill comes out next week. It is glorious!

This is secretly one of the best games of last year. I obsessed with it when it released on Gamepass. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, mdn2 said:

While it's a great game, the Switch version is massively fucked. It crashes my Switch every 5 minutes or so and looking online it seems that it's happening with all copies. 

I've played it through three times and it hasn't crashed at all.

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

This is secretly one of the best games of last year. I obsessed with it when it released on Gamepass. 

I played it on Gamepass... Loved it and decided I'd love it more on Switch. Wait was hard, but worth it. 

49 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Can anyone recommend me the best visual novels available on the Switch please? I’ve never really played gone, bar The Park which I loved 

Not exactly the most modern, but the Phoenix Wright Trilogy remains utterly brilliant. Dramatic, comedic courtroom drama. Just a shame the aesthetic, er, 'upgrade' is ultimately weaker than the GBA/DS originals.

Other than that, and if you're in the mood for shorter, simpler (and more cyberpunky and bar-oriented) adventures I've a lot of love for both VA11-Hall-A (bartender simulator with a warm, light narrative) and Red Strings Club (bartender simulator with a cold, heavyish narrative). No, I'm not entirely sure how cyberpunk bartender simulator became a genre either.

(If you don't mind moving away from the 'pure' visual novel format, then Oxenfree is a must, too)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

Can anyone recommend me the best visual novels available on the Switch please? I’ve never really played gone, bar The Park which I loved 

Coffee Talk is fantastic. I played on PS4, but imagine the Switch version is just as good. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/coffee-talk-mhg-review/

Also, one of our team just reviewed Arcade Spirits and really liked it. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/arcade-spirits-review/

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Red Strings Club

Second this, a really interesting game with a powerful ending.

Another recommendation: Eliza, a visual novel about therapy and the implications of AI. Very well written and acted.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Burnout Paradise is out on the 19th of June for £44.99. Ooooof! Definitely waiting for a sale to pick that up.

Wow. £25 too expensive. 

5 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Burnout Paradise is out on the 19th of June for £44.99. Ooooof! Definitely waiting for a sale to pick that up.

The same one that's consistently about a fiver in the xbox sales? 

FUH

KING

HELL

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Coffee Talk is fantastic. I played on PS4, but imagine the Switch version is just as good. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/coffee-talk-mhg-review/

Also, one of our team just reviewed Arcade Spirits and really liked it. http://www.mentalhealthgaming.com/arcade-spirits-review/

funnily enough the reason I asked about Visual Novels was because I just played the Demo of Coffee Talk and I enjoyed it so much I’ve pre ordered this -

B6-B74-D57-2181-4-D2-C-96-B4-89-D67-EECD

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mdn2 said:

It's best suited to phones. It works perfect there. 

15 hours ago, CovisGod said:

I enjoyed Eliza a great deal if you haven't played it (Edge 9/10)

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Who is dumb enough, and lives in a big enough bubble to think this is in any way a good idea? This is a Trump-level of stupid.

Indeed £25-£30 is the right price point. 

However this is designed for someone at EA to prove a point that their games aren't right for the Switch and that they won't sell. 

• Upvote 4

I would consider it at £10-15, anything above that renders it pointless to me as I've bought it for PC and PS4 for less than £15 combined. 

To me that just says they'll be reducing the price in regular sales, like Capcom's Resi games on the system. They must know it won't sell much at full price.

I assume there's no physical release so yeah it's just going to get moved around in price a lot.

36 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

£25 to £30 is still too much for a 2 year old port of a 12 year old game.

It does include all the DLC as well, so have to take that into account l guess. How much does that add up to on other platforms (rather than just the base game cost)?

It's, obviously, a mental price that's going to pretty much kill it until it's on sale - I think £25 would have been reasonable though (and I bet when it hits that in a sale sometime it might sell a few more).

7 minutes ago, rgraves said:

It does include all the DLC as well, so have to take that into account l guess. How much does that add up to on other platforms (rather than just the base game cost)?

It's, obviously, a mental price that's going to pretty much kill it until it's on sale - I think £25 would have been reasonable though (and I bet when it hits that in a sale sometime it might sell a few more).

It's all included in the remake version, so whatever the PS4 and Xbox One ones retail for.

I get that this shit just doesn't walk to a new platform on it's own, but whatever we can theoretically price this game at making it £44.99 is just sending it out to die, so the effort won't have been worth it anyway.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rgraves said:

It’s £10 for everything in total on PSN, but has been less than that. And was free on PS+.

37 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I get that this shit just doesn't walk to a new platform on it's own, but whatever we can theoretically price this game at making it £44.99 is just sending it out to die, so the effort won't have been worth it anyway.

Bang on.

EA are just odd with all this - I mean surely a version of, say, Plants vs Zombies or Madden would have done well, and been easy to port over from a previous gen. It just feels like easy money left on the table that they are justifying internally with this pricing nonsense.

• Upvote 1

It boggles the mind, that with the worldwide, record breaking success of Animal Crossing, EA haven't ported The Sims over to the Switch. It would do gangbusters. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mdn2 said:

It boggles the mind, that with the worldwide, record breaking success of Animal Crossing, EA haven't ported The Sims over to the Switch. It would do gangbusters. 

The Sims is very much a PC game, though. The PS4 version of Sims 4 is horrible and I doubt they'd be able to make it any better on the Switch. 

I'd gladly take an NHL game. Even a retro styled one. Can't see it happening though. 

I hope lots of people buy Gals Fighters as its ace and hopefully if they do, SNK will do some more Neo Geo pocket games on the Switch. The Emulation and options are great.

• Upvote 3