rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I got a present of £30 credit so picked up

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kine
Thrownbreaker: The Witcher Tales

Rise: Race The Future

I have only played Animal Crossing since. I am part of the problem. 

• Upvote 4

I’m glad people are buying Kine, because I wanted to but often when I’m the only forumite buying something it’s a bad decision:)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kempstar said:

Alien: Isolation is £20.99 in the sale. Im a couple of hours in and loving it so far. It looks excellent on the Switch, way better than I was expecting.

Bought it and have played about an hour so far. Shitting myself the whole time and still haven't even seen the alien :lol: amazing atmosphere, the soundwork is fantastic.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

I got a present of £30 credit so picked up

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kine
Thrownbreaker: The Witcher Tales

Rise: Race The Future

I have only played Animal Crossing since. I am part of the problem. 

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

I’m glad people are buying Kine, because I wanted to but often when I’m the only forumite buying something it’s a bad decision:)

I'm interested in Kine after it's Edge 9 but I've read it gets bastard hard later on and that was enough to put me off Baba is You. I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Has anyone here finished it?

Has literally anyone played Regions of Ruin on Switch? I'm gagging for a Dwarf Fortress/RimWorld style time sink (no matter how lightweight) in between Animal Crossing escapades and this looks like it'd scratch that itch. Impressions are incredibly rare though.

I can’t answer if it’s good or not but it’s currently free on Steam so if you’re able to it might be worth checking it out on there. Currently sat on a user review rating of Very Positive so it’s at least not a terrible game. :)

54 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Also what was the final verdict on Wargroove? Worthy enough to hold a candle to Advance Wars?

Nowhere near.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I did not rate it at all. Very indistinct unit types and levels that dragged on for far to long. I abandoned it pretty quickly.

Steamworld Heist Is on sale If you fancy some TBS. Completely different from AW but terrific all the same.

Agree on Wargroove, but there has been a lot of additional content and changes to it since it came out. I haven't been back to it, but wonder if it's a better experience these days.

4 hours ago, therearerules said:

Also what was the final verdict on Wargroove? Worthy enough to hold a candle to Advance Wars?

3 hours ago, kempstar said:

Nowhere near.

True, Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble is actually a really good Advance Wars clone, the original Tiny Metal was okay, but the follow up is the closest we'll get to a new Advance Wars.

I'm glad it's not just me that was disappointed by Wargroove. It started really well, but hit a sudden and to me huge difficulty spike (the level with the giant wooden robot things) that was almost impossible to get past. I even started it all over again thinking I must have missed some crucial information or tactic early on, but no, that level is basically impossible (to me at least) without dropping down to the very lowest difficulty, and even then it's a slog.

Such a shame because the presentation and script are great, and those early levels are decent, but it just put me off, and even though I did a few more levels after getting through that one, they all took ages too and I just wasn't enjoying it any more.

• Upvote 1

It both gains and suffers from being made by people who clearly love the AW series and have played them to death, and as a result the game is bastard hard. You're right in that levels are just too long, too. AW had depth but plays a snappy game, most maps in WarGroove wear their welcome out long before they conclude.

• Upvote 1

Yeah there are a few developers who have tried to copy the AW formula in recent years. None have managed to really succeed. That Nintendo touch is missing.

I wish they'd bring the series back. Fire Emblem is great but the snappiness of Advance Wars is unique. 

• Upvote 5

On 05/04/2020 at 21:06, Jamie John said:

I'm interested in Kine after it's Edge 9 but I've read it gets bastard hard later on and that was enough to put me off Baba is You. I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Has anyone here finished it?

I haven’t finished it but I’m already bored with it. There’s too many moving parts to ascertain what to do just by looking, which means just moving things around until you happen to solve a level. Coupled with a bad camera and unintuitive controls (zr to change character on some levels, parts of a trombone on others). It’s nowhere near the ingenuity and creativity of ‘Baba is You’, or the hooked simplicity of a slitherlink or picross. Really disappointed 

28 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I haven’t finished it but I’m already bored with it. There’s too many moving parts to ascertain what to do just by looking, which means just moving things around until you happen to solve a level. Coupled with a bad camera and unintuitive controls (zr to change character on some levels, parts of a trombone on others). It’s nowhere near the ingenuity and creativity of ‘Baba is You’, or the hooked simplicity of a slitherlink or picross. Really disappointed 

Oh :(

Brilliant, look forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

Also picked up Curious Expedition for a few quid + gold points after reading a (your?) review on your site. Only had a couple of hours with it so far but it's a lot of fun. A seemingly good run can unravel brilliantly quickly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, friedgold said:

Brilliant, look forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

Also picked up Curious Expedition for a few quid + gold points after reading a (your?) review on your site. Only had a couple of hours with it so far but it's a lot of fun. A seemingly good run can unravel brilliantly quickly.

Yeah I really like it. Had a couple of runs end before I even get going, despite thinking I had a good setup. Others where I have scraped through parts by the skin of my teeth then fell apart soon after. 

Only thing I'm struggling with is the combat - need to read up on how it actually works because at the moment I'm kind of muddling through (or more likely getting obliterated). Not much to complain about with it though.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Also... Disco Elysium is coming to Switch!!

Fuck. Yeah.

Heard so much good stuff about this game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, therearerules said:

There’s too many moving parts to ascertain what to do just by looking, which means just moving things around until you happen to solve a level. Coupled with a bad camera and unintuitive controls (zr to change character on some levels, parts of a trombone on others).

yeah i mean i finished it and quite liked it but still agree with this, it (Kine) has it's problems.

i got Conduct Together in the sale for ~90p - only done a few levels, it seems fun but also potentially infuriating, press the wrong button at the end and a train explodes and you have to start all over again.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Also... Disco Elysium is coming to Switch!!

Oh my god yes please 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, spatular said:

i got Conduct Together in the sale for ~90p - only done a few levels, it seems fun but also potentially infuriating, press the wrong button at the end and a train explodes and you have to start all over again.

conduct together is a lot easier to play touch in handheld mode - the buttons for switching tracks & stopping trains is just too much to take in when things get even moderately busy.

^ yeah i tried that, then went back to buttons, touch does seem better but then i was accidentally hitting the wrong thing when the train is on a junction for example. i'll probably give touch another go though.

Has anyone completed Gato Roboto?

I’m past the ‘point of no return’ and I’m stuck at this room:

19C5E5D3-6702-4CFC-870E-F6706234AE94.thumb.png.9825f4067a289cac040224df74d96f92.png

The jump-spin jump combo isn’t high enough to get to the ledge at the top left once the blocks have been blasted out the way.

All the guides/play throughs have got all the cartridges and traded them in for an ability that allows for infinite spin jumps. But I haven’t got that as I thought they were entirely optional and just for cosmetics.

Have I missed something or is the game irrevocably fucked?

I've completed it, but don't recall what I had to do in that room, sorry. I do know I didn't get infinite spin jumps though.

EDIT: Tried a rocket jump?

Bought Good Job! this morning. It’s a lot of fun so far, but I bet it’s excellent in co-op. 

Right, what the fuck are these extra settings in Rise? Stability? Is that why I got knocked arsehole backwards on the first race like 4 times? Also had to knock the rumble down because Jesus Christ.