IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

5 hours ago, dave7g said:

How big is BOTW? Nintendo and their miserable memory storage means I probably wont buy it tomorrow.

It's 13.4 Gb. It's more deserving of the space than pretty much anything on the system. Amazing game. 

That said, I'd really recommend an SD card. 

This is 50% off, 16 quid for 128 Gb. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Micro+SD&qid=1586407536&sr=8-3

I bought and and really enjoyed Rise:Race the Future on Steam back at its original release. I got the switch version a week ago and I'm not quite feeling it for some reason. The handling feels off and I also have zero idea wtf stability etc are supposed to be set to in order to make it feel like the steam one did by default. The boost also seems to often necessitate two presses of the button in order to kick in and I know my joycon isnt faulty...

I made a thread praising the pc version at the time but if this had been my first exposure to the game I definitely wouldn't have.

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

It's 13.4 Gb. It's more deserving of the space than pretty much anything on the system. Amazing game. 

That said, I'd really recommend an SD card. 

This is 50% off, 16 quid for 128 Gb. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Micro+SD&qid=1586407536&sr=8-3

Thanks, I'll just delete one of my 3 whole games that fit on the internal memory until that arrives!

22 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

I couldn't really get into it until I unlocked the alternative loadout for the starting character. And even after unlocking the other characters, that's still the only one I've ever got to the final boss with. I know how it all works now and have all the card unlocks, but I still struggle with the speed of it.

How do you unlock the other characters? I don't like the chrono variant at all. it seems to make me play it at .0001 speed!

On 03/04/2020 at 20:47, donpeartree said:

Reventure is on sale for £1.99.

It's a really cool (albeit very basic in terms of graphics) adventure game with a lot of positive surprises. It does a lot with a little. It's clearly a labour of love and funny to boot.

I thoroughly recommend it.

I posted this in the Switch thread last week. I've finished the game now and I'm convinced that this is probably the best 2 quid you can spend on the eshop.

You're Tim (at the start, at least), an anventurer tasked with saving the princess of a kingdom, but you soon realise that the game isn't really about that.  It's a game about exploration and discovery. Of experimenting and deducing. And ultimately about laughing at all of the stupid stuff that ends up happening. Every defeat is a victory.

It took me 7 hours or so to see all of the 100 endings (some of them take only a minute or less and some require much more thought and planning) and I was glued to it until the end. There's actually even more to do aftetwards, but I haven't dug into it yet - the game is such a generous value proposition.

It's simplistic for sure, but if you can get over the basic pixel art, even that has its charm. 

TLDR: Get Reventure ffs

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

How do you unlock the other characters? I don't like the chrono variant at all. it seems to make me play it at .0001 speed!

You unlock a character whenever you beat it as a boss on the 4th level or higher.

They do offer some very different ways of playing, so it's good fun to experiment once you get some of them. But in the end I always need the occasional pauses you get with chrono Saffron - it's all just too fast for me otherwise.

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

But she can't shoot normal shots can she? Or am I missing something?

No, she can't, but in a way that helps to simplify things by focusing on the cards. She has more max mana to start with, so you can use cards more quickly, and slowing time helps to ensure their attacks hit the target. Or it just gives you a precious second to think.

Edit: Should probably take this to the other thread.

Fine, bought.  Not sure if it's on sale this time but I've been really getting into Streets of Rogue at the moment.

I've come to a realisation that I just don't take these games (by which I mean pixel art and/or indies) seriously enough (and I wonder if I'm the only one to feel like this). By which I mean I kind of blast in all guns blazing no matter what they are as if their small price tag makes them entirely disposable. So by adjusting my attitude and actually concentrating on playing the games properly - shockingly, I know - I'm getting some proper enjoyment out of them. I realise this sounds pretty ridiculous.

I'm that guy. I signed up for Game Pass shortly after buying an X1 a while back with all the hype around it and have used it for absolutely nothing bar trying the odd indie game I was on the fence about getting on Switch. For five minutes tops usually.

1 minute ago, Minion said:

Zelda is £42, I've only recently started it and, well you all know it's fanfuckingtastic! Gutted there's no Mario Kart discount, anything else newly added to the sale that's worth thinking about?

Shopto (as I keep banging on about)have mario kart down to 39.85 currently.  Other titles as well.

9 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Shopto (as I keep banging on about)have mario kart down to 39.85 currently.  Other titles as well.

Ahh yes both physical and digital nice one!

Edit: Also the Zelda DLC at £15...

2 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Captain Toad and the expansion is down to £28. I completed and loved it on WiiU but might have to buy it again now, sigh. What does the Switch version add - just a couple of Odyssey-themed levels?

Pretty much, but if you're tempted as it is I can say I felt the same way about it on the Wii U and thought the expansion was superb when I went through it a while back. An absolute gem that one.

Buckled and bought BOTW with the expansion pack. Never done the DLC before so that will be good. Still got Witcher and Dragon Dogma on the go so it will be sitting there for a while yet. 

I love the Switch so much.