Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

10 hours ago, friedgold said:

Picked up Mark of the Ninja in the sale - been on my list for aaaages.

Also finally took the plunge with La-Mulana. The threads here kind of died a death but does anyone know of a community for it worth paying attention too? Not for solutions and spoilers, just for general chat and war stories.

Mark of the Ninja is probably my favourite game of all time. I'm surprised it never gets a special mention when it gets reduced in the big sales.

10 hours ago, friedgold said:

Picked up Mark of the Ninja in the sale - been on my list for aaaages.

Also finally took the plunge with La-Mulana. The threads here kind of died a death but does anyone know of a community for it worth paying attention too? Not for solutions and spoilers, just for general chat and war stories.

I was thinking of getting La Mulana. Did you go for the first one? What do you think so far?

15 hours ago, teddymeow said:

I mean. I do not have a Switch but the way things are going I might buy one.

I want that Conduct Together for 89p but can't buy it because there's no Switch tied to my Nintendo account.

I don’t think you can unfortunately. I had the same as I had a wii u and 3ds but no switch and couldn’t buy any eshop games for the switch.

15 hours ago, teddymeow said:

I mean. I do not have a Switch but the way things are going I might buy one.

I want that Conduct Together for 89p but can't buy it because there's no Switch tied to my Nintendo account.

If you’ve made an account and trust someone who has a Switch I guess they could log in and buy it for you?

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Couldn't resist Hotline Miami such a brilliant game, hoping the Zelda dlc is reduced on the 9th.

I so wanna get it but my 8 year old will lock onto it and then the wife will tell me off!  I need my own switch..

1 minute ago, Dr Nookie said:

I so wanna get it but my 8 year old will lock onto it and then the wife will tell me off!  I need my own switch..

You can set up parental controls for stuff, I believe.

It's a brilliant game.

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

You can set up parental controls for stuff, I believe.

It's a brilliant game.

Oh I know but he’ll see that icon and then I’ll be fielding questions all day. I think I’ll get the tourist instead :-(.  
That Hotline soundtrack though - what a banger...

19 hours ago, yakumo said:

I just got into the region switching today and I seem to have got the hang of it.

What’s the situation with the Mexican E Shop? When I change my region I get a ‘Price unavailable’ error and there doesn’t seem to be a proper shop. 

I went on a bit of a silly spree and picked up:

Kine - Edge 9/10 I believe and been in my wishlist for a while 

Gris - beautiful looking ethereal platformer

Touryst - based on recommendations in this thread

Bro Force - 'Merica!!!

Pac-Man Championship Ed. 2 - Classic

Katamari Damacy Reroll - always wanted it in my library 50%

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 - for the boy

Assault Android Cactus+ - Based off of this thread

Super Meat Boy - for the 3rd time

Lethal League Blaze - for Jet Set Radio vibes

Goddamn sale blowout....

I got a present of £30 credit so picked up

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kine
Thrownbreaker: The Witcher Tales

Rise: Race The Future

I have only played Animal Crossing since. I am part of the problem. 

10 hours ago, kempstar said:

Alien: Isolation is £20.99 in the sale. Im a couple of hours in and loving it so far. It looks excellent on the Switch, way better than I was expecting.

Bought it and have played about an hour so far. Shitting myself the whole time and still haven't even seen the alien :lol: amazing atmosphere, the soundwork is fantastic.

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

I got a present of £30 credit so picked up

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Kine
Thrownbreaker: The Witcher Tales

Rise: Race The Future

I have only played Animal Crossing since. I am part of the problem. 

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

I’m glad people are buying Kine, because I wanted to but often when I’m the only forumite buying something it’s a bad decision:)

I'm interested in Kine after it's Edge 9 but I've read it gets bastard hard later on and that was enough to put me off Baba is You. I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Has anyone here finished it?

Has literally anyone played Regions of Ruin on Switch? I'm gagging for a Dwarf Fortress/RimWorld style time sink (no matter how lightweight) in between Animal Crossing escapades and this looks like it'd scratch that itch. Impressions are incredibly rare though.

I can’t answer if it’s good or not but it’s currently free on Steam so if you’re able to it might be worth checking it out on there. Currently sat on a user review rating of Very Positive so it’s at least not a terrible game. :)

4 hours ago, therearerules said:

Also what was the final verdict on Wargroove? Worthy enough to hold a candle to Advance Wars?

3 hours ago, kempstar said:

Nowhere near.

True, Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble is actually a really good Advance Wars clone, the original Tiny Metal was okay, but the follow up is the closest we'll get to a new Advance Wars.

I'm glad it's not just me that was disappointed by Wargroove. It started really well, but hit a sudden and to me huge difficulty spike (the level with the giant wooden robot things) that was almost impossible to get past. I even started it all over again thinking I must have missed some crucial information or tactic early on, but no, that level is basically impossible (to me at least) without dropping down to the very lowest difficulty, and even then it's a slog.

Such a shame because the presentation and script are great, and those early levels are decent, but it just put me off, and even though I did a few more levels after getting through that one, they all took ages too and I just wasn't enjoying it any more.

It both gains and suffers from being made by people who clearly love the AW series and have played them to death, and as a result the game is bastard hard. You're right in that levels are just too long, too. AW had depth but plays a snappy game, most maps in WarGroove wear their welcome out long before they conclude.

Yeah there are a few developers who have tried to copy the AW formula in recent years. None have managed to really succeed. That Nintendo touch is missing.

I wish they'd bring the series back. Fire Emblem is great but the snappiness of Advance Wars is unique. 

On 05/04/2020 at 21:06, Jamie John said:

I'm interested in Kine after it's Edge 9 but I've read it gets bastard hard later on and that was enough to put me off Baba is You. I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Has anyone here finished it?

I haven’t finished it but I’m already bored with it. There’s too many moving parts to ascertain what to do just by looking, which means just moving things around until you happen to solve a level. Coupled with a bad camera and unintuitive controls (zr to change character on some levels, parts of a trombone on others). It’s nowhere near the ingenuity and creativity of ‘Baba is You’, or the hooked simplicity of a slitherlink or picross. Really disappointed 

28 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I haven’t finished it but I’m already bored with it. There’s too many moving parts to ascertain what to do just by looking, which means just moving things around until you happen to solve a level. Coupled with a bad camera and unintuitive controls (zr to change character on some levels, parts of a trombone on others). It’s nowhere near the ingenuity and creativity of ‘Baba is You’, or the hooked simplicity of a slitherlink or picross. Really disappointed 

Oh :(