IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

18 hours ago, Paulando said:

Have you played it before? It was one of the best FPSs from last generation - full of fresh ideas, and incredible fun to play. No idea what the Switch port is like.

No, never played it before. Looks like I got lucky and it’s decent then. Hurrah!

1 hour ago, Dr Nookie said:

Has anyone played Immortal Redneck?

I’m trying to find an FPS for my 8 year old that doesn’t look to violent. This looks ideal but it’s rated at 16 am I can’t figure out why. 

I have vague recollection of it being sweary.

Edit: googled the pegi rating, it's for bad language.

59 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Has anyone played Immortal Redneck?

I’m trying to find an FPS for my 8 year old that doesn’t look to violent. This looks ideal but it’s rated at 16 am I can’t figure out why. 

Did somebody set off the SPLATOON signal?

SPLATOON MAN, SPLATOON.

9 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Did somebody set off the SPLATOON signal?

SPLATOON MAN, SPLATOON.

Oh yeah sorry he’s rinsed Splatoon that’s why I’m on the hunt. 
He’s glued to Krunker on the pc(well my Mac) so was looking for something a bit like that.  

10 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

IMG_20200314_215405.thumb.jpg.c81e3dfa57387fafb9a36bbb28e7e841.jpgI am sure my brain is not wired for this sort of puzzle!!

Start at the bottom with the 7. You don't know where the 7 starts, but you know at least a few have to be filled in. 

(More explicit hint)

Spoiler

The 7 has to include the middle 4 so you can fill those easily. It's either 

#######XXX or XXX####### or some variation in between. But regardless, the middle 4 aren't crosses. So start with

- - -####- - - filled in and go from there. 

Edit: hope that makes sense. I've had a drink. 

Double Edit: then go for the 6-1 on the 3rd from the bottom using the same idea. You don't know where the 6 starts, but some of the same squares must be part of the 6. 

There are certain squares on the bottom row that can only be filled in, no matter where the line of 7 begins/ends. Find the two extremes (as far left as the block of 7 can be and as far right as it can be) and you'll see which squares are common in both.

Edit: Basically, what mdn said.

13 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

IMG_20200314_215405.thumb.jpg.c81e3dfa57387fafb9a36bbb28e7e841.jpgI am sure my brain is not wired for this sort of puzzle!!

Spoiler

You can select the bottom 4 on the bottom row immediately. Whatever 7 in a row it is, it has to include those (imagine 7 starting far left, then 7 starting far right, and see where the overlap is.)

Then apply similar logic to the 6,1 row. You can tick the middle 2, and also the two to the left of that (because there has to be a 1 and a gap before the most far right the 6 group can be.)

Then fill in some definitely nots. The verticals are 1s, so there much be gaps above the bottom 4.

You also now know a lot about the 1,5,1 vertical.

And so on.

Soon enough you'll start doing 20x15s and adding up the squares used plus the gaps in between without realising it and just filling boxes.

Well if you were playing Picross S. Which you really really should. On the last page of Mega Picross on E7 so I'll be on Murder By Numbers soooooon!

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

Do the tutorial?

:rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Us Picross veterans all know your pain. After a while you'll know where to begin just from far, far, far too much experience. 

Managed to figure it out.  I struggle to retrace my steps a little so had to scrap it and start again a few times. Think I was making some little mistakes or omissions from working out the definite empty squares which threw me off. 

Plus I'd forgotten the concept of working out partial strings to fill going in the overlapping spaces from each side. 

2 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

:rolleyes:

Managed to figure it out.  I struggle to retrace my steps a little so had to scrap it and start again a few times. Think I was making some little mistakes or omissions from working out the definite empty squares which threw me off. 

Plus I'd forgotten the concept of working out partial strings to fill going in the overlapping spaces from each side. 

Yeah. The 'y' key can help. In the bottom row above, count 7 squares from the left and mark the 7th square with Y. Then count from the right, and as you hit the marker fill it in, and each square from there until you reach 7 again. You'll have filled in the 4 squares in the bottom row.

Started playing Ni No Kuni and I'm liking it. Tried searching but I can't find a discussion topic for the game, including the ps3 version. Surely there's one somewhere?

Edit: found it, title was written "ninokuni" so it wasn't showing up in my searches.

24 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I've bought it off the strength of the reviews but haven't played Picross before either. I'm hoping it has a decent tutorial.

I thought it did but then @iknowgungfu posted up there so maybe not.

I felt that the difficulty of Murder By Numbers' puzzles increased a little too quickly. Too much unnecessary dialogue too, especially since it also does that thing where you tap A to get through pages of text only to accidentally select the same question again with no way to back out. Back to talking A again.