IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Anyone played Mutant Year Zero? How accessible is it for someone who got on well enough with Mario and Rabbids, but struggled with XCom? Due mainly to the stuff outside the combat.

It's on Xbox GamePass if you have that and want to try it out. I've played it for an hour or so, and the combat is very XCom-y, but I haven't got as far as the non-combat stuff yet to know how that works.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Anyone played Mutant Year Zero? How accessible is it for someone who got on well enough with Mario and Rabbids, but struggled with XCom? Due mainly to the stuff outside the combat. 

I can't speak of the game itself, but I'd advise reading up a bit on the Switch version before buying. I read stuff at the time of release that made it sound like one of the rougher ports on the system. 

4 hours ago, bradigor said:

It's much less accessible.  Very early on, you can wander into unwinnable fights and you can get overwhelmed in ways that often feel unfair.

5 hours ago, deKay said:

If anyone picks up Madoris R, please tell me your thoughts.

It's Tetris with toilets.

NSwitchDS_MadorisR_02.thumb.jpg.7fff51badf417aefb6f371070bd3775a.jpg

Hey bro! We heard you like playing Switch on the toilet, so we put toilets in your Switch, so you can switch the toilets round in your Switch while you Switch around on the toilet. 

5 hours ago, bradigor said:

It's not particularly difficult and doesn't have anywhere near as much outside of combat activity as XCOM. The only real complexity comes in getting in to good positions before engaging enemy groups, in my opinion it adds a nice extra layer of strategy. One of the best games I played last year!

12 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Nobody seems to be talking about for some reason, but Two point Hospital is great. Controls really well too.

Yep, got this for review in the end and it has been a joy so far. 

I'm getting used to the camera slowly, but I feel like I'm correcting it's slices into the cubes more than just deciding which slice I want to work with. Still, it's 3D Picross alright and for a fiver I'm not complaining. 

Just now, mdn2 said:

I'm getting used to the camera slowly, but I feel like I'm correcting it's slices into the cubes more than just deciding which slice I want to work with. Still, it's 3D Picross alright and for a fiver I'm not complaining. 

I had two minor complaints. 

1. Takes a little while to adjust to the camera controls. But it does click. 

2. Menus were a bit of a pain. 

7 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I had two minor complaints. 

1. Takes a little while to adjust to the camera controls. But it does click. 

2. Menus were a bit of a pain. 

the menus are fucking awful, i couldnt work out how to play the tutorial, and the slices thing annoys the shit out me as i never feel i can see the whole thing

it’s only a fiver but i was on verge of rage deleting it

You definitely improve the more you play. When you rotate the block, it slices into the middle and just press zL and zR to get to the outer layer. 

It's a bit weird the game doesn't just leave you on the layer you're already on when you rotate it, but I think I'm getting used to it. 

Yep the menus are awful. Right from the very first screen where you’re presented with the classic two options, no way of working out which colour border means it’s selected routine. And the camera is a nightmare. But the puzzles are so so good.

5 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

So, Rune Factory 4 or Stardew Valley? (FWIW, I haven’t played a Harvest Moon game properly since the GBC one.)

Both are great, but Stardew Valley is basically Harvest Moon.  Rune Factory is Havest Moon with a talking dragon, hack/slash action which you have to grind weapons and armour for (a la Monster Hunter) with added weddings.   

9 hours ago, deKay said:

Normally I'd pounce but I've bought so many Switch games recently I'm swamped.

I feel you.  Just recieved a new 400gb card...am 210gb through it already, with 47 games still to download.  <_<