Jump to content
rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Recommended Posts

La Mulana is a hefty size. 2.4Gb for each game. Really need to think about a new card at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, deerokus said:

La Mulana is the Ulysses of Metroidvanias

 

:lol:

 

I stress, it is for nerds with a masochistic penchant for gruelling riddles and punishing combat, and with little else going on in their lives (hi), rather than for those looking for a simple jaunt through Dracula's castle (which is fun too). Otherwise, yes, I run the risk of recommending to my unsuspecting aunty, for her relaxing poolside read in Tenerife, Finnegans Wake.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief Battles looks good, not sure it's £12.49 good but definitely one to go on my Deku Deals watchlist

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Got Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus in the sale. It’s bloody awesome. Will tide me over until Doom Eternal releases. 


My finger has been hovering over this one for a week, I think you might have just guided my hand down with this post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gotters said:

Brief Battles looks good, not sure it's £12.49 good but definitely one to go on my Deku Deals watchlist

 

 

 

Looks similar to Towerfall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone played CatQuest?

@deKay maybe?

 

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Has anyone played CatQuest?

@deKay maybe?

 

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 

 

I just played the second one. It is really good. - Reviewed here: http://bit.ly/2ST85rM

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first one is decent. It's a bit of a basic RPG, but it works well and is definitely worth £3. There's some glorious cat puns in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Has anyone played CatQuest?

@deKay maybe?

 

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 


No but I’ve heard it’s good and have almost bought it a number of times. Maybe this time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing that Snacktime dungeon crawler at the moment. I bought it because I thought it was couch coop but turns out it’s 2 switches or online only. However I’ve put about 8 hours in to it solo. 
 

Story is batshit. Lots of RPG jokes and 4th wall stuff. But cutesy characters. Many ridiculously ott characters and a lot of innuendo. Mechanics are decent enough. Stupidly complex weapon system hack em up dungeon crawling.  It can pick all your crazy gear for you and you can navigate the whole thing via menus rather than traipsing around town if you prefer. It’s fun. 
 

Annoying things are the map round dungeons is a bit shit and apart from a fun one I’ve just come across the quests are a little repetitive. 
 

It’s like Level-5 (Professor Latyton) does Diablo light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was gifted some credit at the back end of the week so I could get Two Point Hospital. Was given enough to also get something else, so decided to finally get DOOM (2016). That is an excellent port. Playing in handheld and it is a joy. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

Gogogogogo

 

 

 

Did it yesterday very much looking forward to playing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

Gogogogogo

 

 

 

Pre-ordered last week! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know it was actually up for pre-order. So I for one am grateful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stayed up past midnight so I could start the wonderful Rune Factory IV before bed...

 

...EU release not until the 28th.  Feel my pain. 

 

:(

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Rune Factory is out in the US today. Because I was so looking forward to playing it I got some US eshop credit off play-asia and bought it that way. Bit more expensive than just buying off the UK shop, but I'm ok with that.

 

What I'm not so ok with, and feel a bit nervous about now, is that I might have unwittingly broken some kind of US financial law in doing so. I wasn't expecting to be asked to input a zip code at the eshop checkout - when does it ever ask you for a postcode on the eshop? - so I stuck in a New Hampshire zip code and that was that. But the zip code is for tax purposes, isn't it? And I'm thinking it's very not ok for people to be putting in codes for places they don't live when the purpose is to calculate tax owed.

 

Has anyone else gone through this process on the US eshop? Either with credit purchased elsewhere or with a revolut credit card or whatever? I would really rather not be extradited to America and imprisoned for being too impatient to wait three days to play a Japanese farming simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Yeah, Rune Factory is out in the US today. Because I was so looking forward to playing it I got some US eshop credit off play-asia and bought it that way. Bit more expensive than just buying off the UK shop, but I'm ok with that.

 

What I'm not so ok with, and feel a bit nervous about now, is that I might have unwittingly broken some kind of US financial law in doing so. I wasn't expecting to be asked to input a zip code at the eshop checkout - when does it ever ask you for a postcode on the eshop? - so I stuck in a New Hampshire zip code and that was that. But the zip code is for tax purposes, isn't it? And I'm thinking it's very not ok for people to be putting in codes for places they don't live when the purpose is to calculate tax owed.

 

Has anyone else gone through this process on the US eshop? Either with credit purchased elsewhere or with a revolut credit card or whatever? I would really rather not be extradited to America and imprisoned for being too impatient to wait three days to play a Japanese farming simulator.


It’s fine. It’s rarely a custodial sentence for this. It’s quite common with online purchases made in the UK and although it’s felony fraud you’re probably just looking at a fine of about $1,000. It’ll take months for them to contact you though.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.