rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

La Mulana is a hefty size. 2.4Gb for each game. Really need to think about a new card at some point. 

26 minutes ago, deerokus said:

La Mulana is the Ulysses of Metroidvanias

:lol:

I stress, it is for nerds with a masochistic penchant for gruelling riddles and punishing combat, and with little else going on in their lives (hi), rather than for those looking for a simple jaunt through Dracula's castle (which is fun too). Otherwise, yes, I run the risk of recommending to my unsuspecting aunty, for her relaxing poolside read in Tenerife, Finnegans Wake.

• Upvote 1

Brief Battles looks good, not sure it's £12.49 good but definitely one to go on my Deku Deals watchlist

12 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Got Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus in the sale. It’s bloody awesome. Will tide me over until Doom Eternal releases. 

My finger has been hovering over this one for a week, I think you might have just guided my hand down with this post. 

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

Brief Battles looks good, not sure it's £12.49 good but definitely one to go on my Deku Deals watchlist

Looks similar to Towerfall. 

Has anyone played CatQuest?

@deKay maybe?

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 

3 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

@deKay maybe?

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 

I just played the second one. It is really good. - Reviewed here: http://bit.ly/2ST85rM

• Upvote 1

The first one is decent. It's a bit of a basic RPG, but it works well and is definitely worth £3. There's some glorious cat puns in it.

39 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

@deKay maybe?

No but I’ve heard it’s good and have almost bought it a number of times. Maybe this time...

I’m playing that Snacktime dungeon crawler at the moment. I bought it because I thought it was couch coop but turns out it’s 2 switches or online only. However I’ve put about 8 hours in to it solo. 

Story is batshit. Lots of RPG jokes and 4th wall stuff. But cutesy characters. Many ridiculously ott characters and a lot of innuendo. Mechanics are decent enough. Stupidly complex weapon system hack em up dungeon crawling.  It can pick all your crazy gear for you and you can navigate the whole thing via menus rather than traipsing around town if you prefer. It’s fun. 

Annoying things are the map round dungeons is a bit shit and apart from a fun one I’ve just come across the quests are a little repetitive. 

It’s like Level-5 (Professor Latyton) does Diablo light. 

Was gifted some credit at the back end of the week so I could get Two Point Hospital. Was given enough to also get something else, so decided to finally get DOOM (2016). That is an excellent port. Playing in handheld and it is a joy. 

31 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Gogogogogo

Did it yesterday very much looking forward to playing it.

55 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Gogogogogo

Pre-ordered last week! :)

I didn't know it was actually up for pre-order. So I for one am grateful!

Stayed up past midnight so I could start the wonderful Rune Factory IV before bed...

...EU release not until the 28th.  Feel my pain. 

:(

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Yeah, Rune Factory is out in the US today. Because I was so looking forward to playing it I got some US eshop credit off play-asia and bought it that way. Bit more expensive than just buying off the UK shop, but I'm ok with that.

What I'm not so ok with, and feel a bit nervous about now, is that I might have unwittingly broken some kind of US financial law in doing so. I wasn't expecting to be asked to input a zip code at the eshop checkout - when does it ever ask you for a postcode on the eshop? - so I stuck in a New Hampshire zip code and that was that. But the zip code is for tax purposes, isn't it? And I'm thinking it's very not ok for people to be putting in codes for places they don't live when the purpose is to calculate tax owed.

Has anyone else gone through this process on the US eshop? Either with credit purchased elsewhere or with a revolut credit card or whatever? I would really rather not be extradited to America and imprisoned for being too impatient to wait three days to play a Japanese farming simulator.

4 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Yeah, Rune Factory is out in the US today. Because I was so looking forward to playing it I got some US eshop credit off play-asia and bought it that way. Bit more expensive than just buying off the UK shop, but I'm ok with that.

What I'm not so ok with, and feel a bit nervous about now, is that I might have unwittingly broken some kind of US financial law in doing so. I wasn't expecting to be asked to input a zip code at the eshop checkout - when does it ever ask you for a postcode on the eshop? - so I stuck in a New Hampshire zip code and that was that. But the zip code is for tax purposes, isn't it? And I'm thinking it's very not ok for people to be putting in codes for places they don't live when the purpose is to calculate tax owed.

Has anyone else gone through this process on the US eshop? Either with credit purchased elsewhere or with a revolut credit card or whatever? I would really rather not be extradited to America and imprisoned for being too impatient to wait three days to play a Japanese farming simulator.

It’s fine. It’s rarely a custodial sentence for this. It’s quite common with online purchases made in the UK and although it’s felony fraud you’re probably just looking at a fine of about $1,000. It’ll take months for them to contact you though.

• Empathy 1