IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

31 minutes ago, friedgold said:

On another note, is Graveyard Keeper much cop? It's on sale at the moment but impressions are hard to come by...which might tell its own story I guess. Loved Stardew but think I'm all played out with that for a year or two.

Played through it when it was in Game Pass and I enjoyed it a lot but towards the end the grind was absolutely colossal. I don't know if they ever changed thay.

2 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

I see La-Mulana and La-Mulana 2 are up now, being sent to die on Animal Crossing day. Oh well, no one would have bought them anyway.

I've pre-ordered the limited physical edition off the Nisa UK shop. :unsure:

1 minute ago, ann coulter said:

Me too, and it's bloody £42 on Base now. I didn't think any other retailer would be getting it.

Have you played it before?

Awesome. I've already paid for it as well. Oh well. 

Nope, never played them. But I'm on a huge Metroidvania kick at the minute and I'm playing pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I know they're both meant to be really good. 

La-Mulana is the best Metroidvania of all. But it's not typical of others in the genre. A huge part of its difficulty lies in its puzzles, which are fiendish. It took me over a dozen hand-drawn maps, an almost-full A4 pad of notes and sketches, a bunch of post-its with spontaneous ideas scrawled on them, and over three years of actually playing to reach what I think is the final area. And I still haven't cracked that. It turns you into a fucking archaeologist. It is possibly my favourite game, and no one else's.

12 hours ago, Jolly said:

Sorely tempted by Devil May Cry 3 again on account of it being really good and because I apparently enjoy repeatedly buying the same ten or so videogames over and over. 

Bought it and it's still totally excellent. Turns out my willpower maxes out at 12 hours. 

God, I love that opening pizza eating bit. 

58 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

La-Mulana is the best Metroidvania of all. But it's not typical of others in the genre. A huge part of its difficulty lies in its puzzles, which are fiendish. It took me over a dozen hand-drawn maps, an almost-full A4 pad of notes and sketches, a bunch of post-its with spontaneous ideas scrawled on them, and over three years of actually playing to reach what I think is the final area. And I still haven't cracked that. It turns you into a fucking archaeologist. It is possibly my favourite game, and no one else's.

I'd heard of La-Mulana, but had no idea what it was, so had no interest in it. But thanks to your description, I might just go and buy it now! Sounds right up my street.

26 minutes ago, deerokus said:

La Mulana is the Ulysses of Metroidvanias

:lol:

I stress, it is for nerds with a masochistic penchant for gruelling riddles and punishing combat, and with little else going on in their lives (hi), rather than for those looking for a simple jaunt through Dracula's castle (which is fun too). Otherwise, yes, I run the risk of recommending to my unsuspecting aunty, for her relaxing poolside read in Tenerife, Finnegans Wake.

12 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Got Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus in the sale. It’s bloody awesome. Will tide me over until Doom Eternal releases. 

My finger has been hovering over this one for a week, I think you might have just guided my hand down with this post. 

39 minutes ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Has anyone played CatQuest?

@deKay maybe?

It's down to £3 or so and reminds me of the GBA shining soul games from the video on the store page. 

No but I’ve heard it’s good and have almost bought it a number of times. Maybe this time...

I’m playing that Snacktime dungeon crawler at the moment. I bought it because I thought it was couch coop but turns out it’s 2 switches or online only. However I’ve put about 8 hours in to it solo. 

Story is batshit. Lots of RPG jokes and 4th wall stuff. But cutesy characters. Many ridiculously ott characters and a lot of innuendo. Mechanics are decent enough. Stupidly complex weapon system hack em up dungeon crawling.  It can pick all your crazy gear for you and you can navigate the whole thing via menus rather than traipsing around town if you prefer. It’s fun. 

Annoying things are the map round dungeons is a bit shit and apart from a fun one I’ve just come across the quests are a little repetitive. 

It’s like Level-5 (Professor Latyton) does Diablo light. 

Was gifted some credit at the back end of the week so I could get Two Point Hospital. Was given enough to also get something else, so decided to finally get DOOM (2016). That is an excellent port. Playing in handheld and it is a joy.