rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

FFS why can't Doom be about £11.99 like it is on places like Steam and stuff. :quote:

I really want to blow off some steam playing a visceral game like this. My PC is too shit to run this.....

Any games like Shadow Complex on the switch store?  Tried Axiom Verge and Hollow Knight and couldn't get on with them.  By contrast been hammering through SC fairly quickly.

1 minute ago, davidcotton said:

Any games like Shadow Complex on the switch store?  Tried Axiom Verge and Hollow Knight and couldn't get on with them.  By contrast been hammering through SC fairly quickly.

Can I ask where you quit Hollow Knight? It took three attempts to get into the game, once I realised how the map works it clicked and it’s turned to one of my favourite games in years. Other than HK the next best would be Ori it’s a bit more simplistic than HK but very good. Or play Super Metroid?

21 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

Can I ask where you quit Hollow Knight? It took three attempts to get into the game, once I realised how the map works it clicked and it’s turned to one of my favourite games in years. Other than HK the next best would be Ori it’s a bit more simplistic than HK but very good. Or play Super Metroid?

Just didn't get on with it really, can't put my finger on it.  Maybe I'll give it another go once sc is done.

41 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Ori & The Blind Forest, Steamworld Dig 2, Guacamelee, Cave Story, or the actual daddy (mummy) Super Metroid. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Ori & The Blind Forest, Steamworld Dig 2, Guacamelee, Cave Story, or the actual daddy (mummy) Super Metroid. 

To add to that: 

Timespinners

Elliots Quest

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Kunai

Salt and Sanctuary

Yoku's Island Express

And La Mulana 1&2 is out next month. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joffocakes said:

Is Gato Roboto any good? I heard it was short which is a big positive for me.

Yep, pretty fun for what it is. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

To add to that: 

Timespinners

Elliots Quest

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Kunai

Salt and Sanctuary

Yoku's Island Express

And La Mulana 1&2 is out next month. 

I read that as Timesplitters at first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

59 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Is Gato Roboto any good? I heard it was short which is a big positive for me.

Yes, it’s great and short. And great.

About 3-4 hours I think.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Aside from Doom are there any other good FPS games on switch?

Wolfenstein 2

EDIT: and I’ve not played it, but Call of Juarez is supposedly good.

• Upvote 1

Salt & Sanctuary is really good, but Shadow Complex is not the comparison I'd make. It's absolutely a Souls-like game (and not in the "everything is Dark Souls" sense).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

Aside from Doom are there any other good FPS games on switch?

Could try the Metro games too. 

4 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Afraid I'm another one that's going to bang the "try Hollow Knight again" drum. Didn't work for me for a good few hours (maybe as many as ten or so but I was v on off with it) and it was only the love on here for it (actually everywhere I guess!) that made me decide to try again. Deleted my save and started over and this time it fell straight into place to become a game that I absolutely loved :).

• Upvote 1

I'd like to recommend Gunhouse. It is a mix of tower defence and puzzle game. Almost Puzzle Fighter light mechanics to the puzzle elements.  - http://bit.ly/2S9R11B

It is a budget title, but has music from the Fez composer in it. The game may wear thin after a while, but it is well worth the asking price. 

• Upvote 1

Noticed Florence is out this week, which I seem to recall getting very positive word of mouth a year or so back. In my head, it's going to be the videogame equivalent of Amélie and hopefully worth the effort of ensuring I got that diacritical mark in the right place. 

Little bit disappointed by the list Hamster have put out of their next dozen or so releases, chiefly because more Puzzle Bobble is not amongst them. It's been over a year since the last one now :angry:

37 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Noticed Florence is out this week, which I seem to recall getting very positive word of mouth a year or so back. In my head, it's going to be the videogame equivalent of Amélie and hopefully worth the effort of ensuring I got that diacritical mark in the right place. 

It's very good, but it's a short and sweet single session thing. I played the phone version last year, and I think it's probably better suited to that format unless they've changed it in some way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Could try the Metro games too. 

That's not out yet right? Just checked Wolfenstein 2 price....but rich for my blood at the moment. I probably need to focus on the games I haven't Completed yet before impulse buying more games!

1 hour ago, Jolly said:

I bought it for my phone on the strength of the Eurogamer review. I'm probably in a minority but I found it slight and not really worth the time I spent on it. It's certainly not on the same level as Amelie!

• Upvote 1

Is Minecraft on the Switch all sorted now?  I remember reading on here that there were some issues and I'm thinking of getting if for my son in a few days.

He's only ever played the 360 one and wants to get back into it on the Switch.

Reluctant to buy all those sodding skins again mind...

@Dr Nookie

Not to my knowledge. My son got it for Christmas and had no end of trouble  with it crashing. Deleting and starting over didn't help and the internet is awash with complaints from Switch owners. Microsoft don't seem interested in fixing it - apparently it's been that way for a long time.

29 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Is Minecraft on the Switch all sorted now?  I remember reading on here that there were some issues and I'm thinking of getting if for my son in a few days.

He's only ever played the 360 one and wants to get back into it on the Switch.

Reluctant to buy all those sodding skins again mind...

My kids have been playing it recently with no input i.e. IT support from me so I assume it’s ok. There’s a splash screen that says something about MS/Xbox purchases on it so the skins might carry over? Sorry I never read it properly but you can sign in on the switch with your MS account...

5 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

My kids have been playing it recently with no input i.e. IT support from me so I assume it’s ok. There’s a splash screen that says something about MS/Xbox purchases on it so the skins might carry over? Sorry I never read it properly but you can sign in on the switch with your MS account...

Oh right I didn't know that at all.  What a rare treat.

@Phil - does your son sign in with a MS account? I know dekay didn’t and had a bunch of issues, whether or not the account is a factor or not I don’t know though