rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Alright you lot- just bought Mario Kart (for the kids) despite being absolutely skint post Chrimbo. 
Now I just wanna get home to play it, I mean we, set it up for them...

• Upvote 1

In terms of total playtime on the system it’s never going to drop out of my top row. Its place is cemented up there with Dead Cells and Slay the Spire as always good for an hour of guaranteed gratification after a long day.

• Upvote 1

Got £75 in eShop vouchers for my birthday and need to have a think what to get. Open to suggestions!

Currently own the following:

Spoiler

Zelda BOTW

Mario Odyssey

MK8

Splatoon 2

Celeste

Hollow Knight

Into The Breach

Dark Souls

Yoku’s Island

Golf Story

Mario Rabbids

Rocket League

Overcooked 1 and 2

Stardew Valley

Virtua Racing

Wargroove

Sonic Mania

31 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Got £75 in eShop vouchers for my birthday and need to have a think what to get. Open to suggestions!

If you fancy an incredibly atmospheric and beautiful looking detective/mystery story then I'd suggest Return of the Obra Dinn.

I have it on the PC but am patiently waiting for it to go on sale in order to double dip. Gven the number of eshop sales there have been since its release I am starting to think that might never happen - certainly not until the week after I finally crack and pay full price.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Hide contents

Zelda BOTW

Mario Odyssey

MK8

Splatoon 2

Celeste

Hollow Knight

Into The Breach

Dark Souls

Yoku’s Island

Golf Story

Mario Rabbids

Rocket League

Overcooked 1 and 2

Stardew Valley

Virtua Racing

Wargroove

Sonic Mania

If you have anyone to play it with, The Stretchers is bloody brilliant fun. 

Also, Astral Chain. 

My picks of my favourite eshop only stuff you haven't got:

Gris

Baba Is You

Boxboy and Boxgirl

Voez

Heave Ho

Just Shapes And Beats

Katamari Damacy: Reroll

Return of the Obra Dinn

Rolling Gunner

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Slay the Spire

The Messenger

Untitled Goose Game

West of Loathing

Ikaruga

Some of these are available elsewhere (and for cheaper), but you won't go wrong with any of that. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Return of the Obra Dinn... Given the number of eshop sales there have been since its release I am starting to think that might never happen 

It's only been out on Switch for three months - I wouldn't expect a price decrease that soon. It's a kick in the teeth for people who bought it on release. I'm sure it'll be on sale later this year.

UNO on the Switch is pretty good.  Has an online mode, some deck variations (Rabbids, Rayman) and is perfect for a 5-10 min pick up & play blast.

1 minute ago, Fry Crayola said:

It's only been out on Switch for three months - I wouldn't expect a price decrease that soon. It's a kick in the teeth for people who bought it on release. I'm sure it'll be on sale later this year.

It didn't even get the common modest launch discount though.

I've seen plenty of low to mid priced games hit the sales in reasonably short time and very much did expect it to be in the Christmas/New Year sale. Anyways, that aside, I very much want to finish it off on the Switch but not enough to pay full whack twice so will just have to wait...

Yeah, occasionally games get the launch discount or an early sale but that's all part of the race to the bottom. I don't think there's any concern though that it'll never get discounted. 

I like buying the random 89p games on the eshop. Some gold mixed in with the dogshit. 911 Operator is a pretty good vaguely diner dash-ish type strategy game with a theme I've never encountered before. 

2 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Zelda BOTW

Mario Odyssey

MK8

Splatoon 2

Celeste

Hollow Knight

Into The Breach

Dark Souls

Yoku’s Island

Golf Story

Mario Rabbids

Rocket League

Overcooked 1 and 2

Stardew Valley

Virtua Racing

Wargroove

Sonic Mania

I'll second Slay the Spire. Change of pace from the games you have, and an awesome game if it clicks.

Turn off the full attack animations if you do...

3 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Reveal hidden contents

Zelda BOTW

Mario Odyssey

MK8

Splatoon 2

Celeste

Hollow Knight

Into The Breach

Dark Souls

Yoku’s Island

Golf Story

Mario Rabbids

Rocket League

Overcooked 1 and 2

Stardew Valley

Virtua Racing

Wargroove

Sonic Mania

You’ve got some cracking games there but  spending a mere 269 of your 7500 pennies would net you the superb Downwell. 

I it to death on iOS (on which I thought it played and controlled really well) but on Switch it’s better still :)

54 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

I don't think there's any concern though that it'll never get discounted. 

I wasn't being entirely serious when I suggested it'll never be discounted.

I also wouldn't consider a 10% launch/pre-order discount to be a race to the bottom. More a nice little incentive to the buyer and maybe a sales kick start for the often smaller titles that receive the discount.

4 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Yeah, when I wrote that I had early reductions in mind rather than launch discounts. I didn't really think properly.

Look, it's been a long day...

On 10/01/2020 at 17:07, makkuwata said:

In terms of total playtime on the system [Mario Kart is] never going to drop out of my top row. Its place is cemented up there with Dead Cells and Slay the Spire as always good for an hour of guaranteed gratification after a long day.

Well, @Fry Crayola, I hope you are happy as, having gotten myself all worked up about Obra Dinn again, I've just cracked and bought a copy. 

If it is now reduced in the next sale or two then we will have beef for life. 

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.

Seriously, It is downloading even as I type and I am very excited to start it again as it is rare that something so unique, and so well executed, comes along. It is also a very suitable long dark winter night type of game...

19 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Did I read that they patched fun and content into Bomberman R eventually? Worth £15?

It’s not as good as the old SNES/MD/PCE/Saturn games but it’s definitely worth £15.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yasawas said:

Did I read that they patched fun and content into Bomberman R eventually? Worth £15?

$9.99 on US store. Had enough credit left to but it :)

Especially as was given review code for Puzzle and Dragons! It is very good so far. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bradigor said:

$9.99 on US store. Had enough credit left to but it :)

Especially as was given review code for Puzzle and Dragons! It is very good so far. 

Very tempting!!  I set up  US account on my UK switch a good while ago but can't remember the full ins and outs of how it works. What payment method did you use (can I perhaps use Revolut or Paypal?) and will I lose my UK store credit or is that only if you change the UK region to US? 

8 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Very tempting!!  I set up  US account on my UK switch a good while ago but can't remember the full ins and outs of how it works. What payment method did you use (can I perhaps use Revolut or Paypal?) and will I lose my UK store credit or is that only if you change the UK region to US? 

I use US eShop credit. Mine was gifted to me by friends in the US, but you can get it off eBay, or p;aces like PC Game Supply. 

I'd use a separate account for the store, it's what we do. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

I use US eShop credit. Mine was gifted to me by friends in the US, but you can get it off eBay, or p;aces like PC Game Supply. 

I'd use a separate account for the store, it's what we do. 

Durr, dunno why I didn't think of that, especially when people often discount the cards :).

Ok so just to be sure (I've now bought some US credit) I can pop the US credit code in on my US account and it won't delete the credit on my UK account (I have taken a look around and can't find any mention of it, I think that was when region switching a single account)?