rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I really want to buy DQXI but I’ve somehow managed to become engrossed in Breath of Fire II at the start of 2020. What were the odds?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions also needs to be bought in a fortnight and I have three online multiplayer addictions to juggle.

One day I’ll be free of this terrible Switch curse.

Just now, DC Lemon said:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions also needs to be bought in a fortnight 

Just buy DQ now and then wait until Tokyo Mirage Sessions is in a sale, by which time you'll have finished DQ.

• Upvote 1

Have been looking to pick up a Picross game for the Switch for a while aftre seeing the upcoming Murder by Numbers trailer.
Has anyone played any which they would recommend  best for a beginner to the game style?
Did see PICROSS S and PICROSS S3 which look potentially decent.

Go for Picross S3 to start with as it has the most variations/puzzles and they're all the same price. S2 introduces Clip Picross from what I recall and S3 adds Colour Picross - neither is essential, or my favourite form of the puzzle, but more things is more better.

Well that's an idea too, that way they get better as you go.

I've nearly 100%ed all of them now, they better hurry up and do more as while I will inevitably buy the other two they've put out I think they look a bit shite. My mornings wouldn't be the same without some Picross.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Well that's an idea too, that way they get better as you go.

I've nearly 100%ed all of them now, they better hurry up and do more as while I will inevitably buy the other two they've put out I think they look a bit shite. My mornings wouldn't be the same without some Picross.

I've gone back to the 3DS ones I didn't get round to. Picross e6 is an absolute fucking beast.

25 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Any Fitness Boxing users in here? Wondering if it's worth a punt at £28.

I gave it some thought at launch but then (for no particular reason) didn’t bother buying it. I do remember though those that did play it spoke highly of it and by all accounts it does give you a decent work out. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Super Craig said:

Yeah it’s ace, I still use it a year on. 

13 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I’m thinking the same thing. 
I played the demo a while ago and liked it. I don’t really fancy ring fit for some reason so I really am tempted by FB. 

I have both. Ring Fit is a far better workout, whereas I found Fitness Boxing quite limited. I've kinda dropped Fitness Boxing completely but Ring Fit gets use almost every day. The progression system helps with that. 

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

I have both. Ring Fit is a far better workout, whereas I found Fitness Boxing quite limited. I've kinda dropped Fitness Boxing completely but Ring Fit gets use almost every day. The progression system helps with that. 

It is limited as it’s not a game in any way, but it’s a good way to keep fit imo and tone your arms and chest. 

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

Anyone got The Warlock of Firetop Mountain?  I loved those books as a kid and it's had some great reviews.  It's in the sale so I reckon I'll take a punt on it - looks like they went to town on making it feel like a board game :D

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2018/09/review-warlock-of-firetop-mountain.html

I bought it on sale but haven't started it yet. Might give it a go today. I'm hoping for some high fantasy, interactive Choose Your Own Adventure goodness.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I've gone back to the 3DS ones I didn't get round to. Picross e6 is an absolute fucking beast.

Club Nintendo Picross on the 3DS is the best ever imo. The Twilight Princess freebie from My Nintendo was fun too. Utterly baffling that Nintendo make/commission these every five years or so and then begrudgingly release them on the quiet.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Splatoon 2 is down to about £33 in the sale. I'm quite tempted as the physical version isn't often discounted. 

The reason I bought the Switch. It's an absolute delight, and even though the single player is substantial it's the MP that shines.

• Upvote 2

I always think as Splatoon 2 as the online shooty game to convert people who don't like online shooty games - I hate them and its still one of my most played games on the Switch.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I always think as Splatoon 2 as the online shooty game to convert people who don't like online shooty games - I hate them and its still one of my most played games on the Switch.

It’s the only online shooter where testosterone seems to be non-existent.

Many have convinced themselves that this new year tweet means new Splatoon content is being teased for 2020.

God, I hope so.

• Upvote 1

'Save our Salmon' has been trending in posts in the plaza, recently (I still play S2 pretty much every day).

• Upvote 1