IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

I've had rush rally 3 on my Nvidia shield TV for a bit. It's a pretty good arcade style title to be fair and works well with the controller.

It's a paid for title with no ingame DLC all done by one guy, well worth supporting as no other developers seem to be stepping up.

12 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

First impressions of Rush Rally 3 are that it's great. Really good fun.

You might say it's....RALLY good fun, no?

I bought Spaceland in the eShop sale.  It's a lovely little turn based squad tactics game.  Very nice graphics, excellent gameplay which reminds me of games like Rebelstar Advance, maybe a hint of that ace 3DS Ghost Recon game.

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

I bought Spaceland in the eShop sale.  It's a lovely little turn based squad tactics game.  Very nice graphics, excellent gameplay which reminds me of games like Rebelstar Advance, maybe a hint of that ace 3DS Ghost Recon game.

Posing you for the Spaceland recommendation. Not for the god-awful pun.

I keep meaning to do another massive eshop game round up, but for now I just want to say What Remains of Edith Finch is a masterpiece. Maybe it’s because I played 2 shite cheap games between Dark Souls and it, but every time I buy a cheap game I regret not just spending more on something I actually want.

Not seen anything about Demon's Tilt which is a cool horror pinball game with some lite bullet hell. I played it on Game Pass and it's great but I gave it a rest when I heard it was coming to the Switch. Bit expensive still for only one table and given I'm not a massive pinball fan (£17.99) but it is very good fun. I'll be jumping on this in the February sales, no doubt. 

On 24/12/2019 at 09:17, Nathan Wind said:

I’ll be back shortly, just visiting the eshop.

My eShop haul this Christmas was Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Layer, Atelier Arland Trilogy and Collection of Mana. Impossible Layer is great from what I've played so far, I've played the Arland games on the PS3 and on the Vita where they didn't run very well but I couldn't pass up all three for £48 and as someone who's never played Secret of Mana the three games in the series for £17.50 was too good to miss. 

I’ve really been enjoying Gris the last few days. It’s perfect for these lazy slow days between Christmas and New Year - a slow, atmospheric, and utterly beautiful puzzle-platformer that is just captivating. It doesn’t require quick reflexes, you can’t die or fail, you just get gently stumped by each puzzle until you work it out and move on to the next. The visuals and sound are wonderful. It’s under a tenner in the sale, so if you fancy a nice chillout game in between killing zombies or whatever, I highly recommend it.

31 minutes ago, Darren said:

I’ve really been enjoying Gris the last few days. It’s perfect for these lazy slow days between Christmas and New Year - a slow, atmospheric, and utterly beautiful puzzle-platformer that is just captivating. It doesn’t require quick reflexes, you can’t die or fail, you just get gently stumped by each puzzle until you work it out and move on to the next. The visuals and sound are wonderful. It’s under a tenner in the sale, so if you fancy a nice chillout game in between killing zombies or whatever, I highly recommend it.

I replayed it over Christmas. I think it's probably my favourite of these sorts of games. It's just so pretty. :wub: