rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

38 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, they've done a big eShop sale every year since the eShop started - I normally pick up stuff I didn't get for Christmas with eShop credit I got for Christmas. Hope there's something good though!

Realised earlier I have about £30 of CEX instore credit, had a look on their website and couldn't see anywhere that they sold eShop cards. Checked the Nintendo website and there don't seem to be one of the retailers that sell them, which is a shame.

4 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Realised earlier I have about £30 of CEX instore credit, had a look on their website and couldn't see anywhere that they sold eShop cards. Checked the Nintendo website and there don't seem to be one of the retailers that sell them, which is a shame.

Cex only do second hand stuff 

How long does the eShop sale tend to last? I don't have a Switch yet myself (though my resolve weakens every day), but my nephew does, and I was going to get him Luigi's Mansion 3 and a couple of download codes, but it turns out the little bugger has already got LM3...

Now I'm considering getting a fairly hefty eShop card, and then telling him there are a few things that, unless he has serious reservations about them, I'm getting him with it on Christmas morning - he likes bending my ear about games, so I figure if he wants to start bending my ear about games I actually know (and think he'd like), like Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, Into the Breach, Gungeon, etc, then that would be even better.

If any of them are in the sale it could work out very nicely, as I can plan accordingly, and if there's anything not spent on those then he'll have some credit on his account to spend on what he wants.

39 minutes ago, JDubYes said:

How long does the eShop sale tend to last? I don't have a Switch yet myself (though my resolve weakens every day), but my nephew does, and I was going to get him Luigi's Mansion 3 and a couple of download codes, but it turns out the little bugger has already got LM3...

Now I'm considering getting a fairly hefty eShop card, and then telling him there are a few things that, unless he has serious reservations about them, I'm getting him with it on Christmas morning - he likes bending my ear about games, so I figure if he wants to start bending my ear about games I actually know (and think he'd like), like Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, Into the Breach, Gungeon, etc, then that would be even better.

If any of them are in the sale it could work out very nicely, as I can plan accordingly, and if there's anything not spent on those then he'll have some credit on his account to spend on what he wants.

I am not sure - but they have text on store and webstore to say the date the offer ends for each game:

This one: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/GROOVE-COASTER-WAI-WAI-PARTY--1683216.html

Says Offer until: 25/12/2019

Same as the on console store so you can scope out prices on the website above/console store and judge yourself.

• Upvote 1

I don't love it but it has its fans and if you can forive the rough edges and dreadful icon then it's worth a gamble for a pound.

I'll be looking for Untitled Goose Game in the sale today. I admit I had this written off as the sort of forum darling I've wasted so much money on before but it's just come to GamePass and I'm in love. It'd be great to play it on a console I actually use.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JDubYes said:

You may find https://www.dekudeals.com/ useful if you're looking for the right time to buy certain eshop games.

• Upvote 2

New Star Manager is half price at £7.49p - that's a bargain and it's the best football manager game since Kevin Toms' on the Spectrum.

The excellent Bridge Constructor Portal is £6.74

PixelJunk Monster 2 is £4

Not A Hero £2.33

• Upvote 1

It's arguably a bit meh, in that there's few big hitters in the list. Whole lot of smaller games and third-party bits in there. I'd kinda hoped for a few quid off Crafted World for my lad, will have to keep waiting!

Ones I have seen so far that piqued my interest (or I have but can attest are good deals)

Mario v Rabbids - £11.09

Hyper Light Drifter - £10.79

Sayonara Wild Hearts - £7.69

Timespinner - £10.49

Dead Cells - £15.49

Hollow Knight (it's not on sale, but EXCELLENT value at £10.99)

EDIT - Collection of Mana - £17.49

Glad to see some of my games on my wishlist appearing on the sale, picked up the cheap Aqua Kitty UDX.

Now decide which of the below to purchase:

Golf Story

Moonlighter

Hyper Light Drifter

Katana ZERO

Not part of the latest sale, but A Robot Named Fight is currently cheap so picked that up too.

Ooh, This War of Mine at £15. I've got £30 or so sitting on my account so going to pick a few bits up here. Alien Isolation will be my cheerful and relaxing Christmas game.

• Upvote 1