rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

There's a semi-decent Devolver Digital sale on at the moment - Katana Zero, Hotline Miami, Ape Out, and others - although it's nothing spectacular.

I'm hoping for a decent Black Friday sale later this week, not that I need any more games :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm (not) hoping for a Black Friday sale too! Bought a new winter coat for £300 last week though so money's a bit tight this month.

Katana Zero is on my list as well - if you want a kind of 2D demake of it then Akane is a fun distraction for less than £2… As is Jumping Joe & Friends.

Was hoping to be playing Breath of the Wild but they'd run out when I got my Switch Lite so really hoping it comes down a little for BF (not likely I know).

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

There's a semi-decent Devolver Digital sale on at the moment - Katana Zero, Hotline Miami, Ape Out, and others - although it's nothing spectacular.

Nice. Time to get Ape Out, I think.

33 minutes ago, DarkCrisis said:

Has anyone played Kine?

It got a pretty good write up on Kotaku.

https://kotaku.com/kines-musical-puzzle-solving-will-melt-your-heart-and-b-1839613138

No, but Edge gave it a 9/10 as well, I believe.

8 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Nice. Time to get Ape Out, I think.

I was tempted by Ape Out myself but some of the reviews I've read suggest it's a bit one-note. For a fiver, or whatever it is, I don't suppose it really matters, but I'm going to save my pennies in the hope for other games in the sale.

• Upvote 1

So, still disappointed by the Two Point Hospital delay. Yet Big Pharma now has a December release date, so that should see me through. December 5th - £26.99

Monkey Ball Blitz HD- is Monkey Target on it and is it the real deal like the gamecube ones where you roll down a hill, or do you get fired out of a fucking cannon? 

1 hour ago, Wonderm said:

Asphalt 9 is so good by the way. Got to be the best arcade racer on the system, can't believe its free. 

Are you playing the same one I am? Because it’s awful and riddled with IAPs.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, deKay said:

Are you playing the same one I am? Because it’s awful and riddled with IAPs.

It's a free to play mobile port. What did you expect? It's a fun distraction, mind.

EDIT: that sounds more aggressive than I meant. I'm enjoying it because it provides various button pushes that my brain likes. 

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's a free to play mobile port. What did you expect?

Well, I expected a free to play mobile port :)

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's a fun distraction, mind.

EDIT: that sounds more aggressive than I meant. I'm enjoying it because it provides various button pushes that my brain likes. 

I'm not saying I didn't get any enjoyment out of it, but the shocking all-over-the-place framerate isn't helping, the incredibly short "races" are disappointing, and all the cooldowns and grinding and IAPs are more than annoying to the point where if I *was* enjoying it more, I'd be unable to play it more because of them.

So yeah, F2P mobile port.

I'm sure some people are enjoying it but to say it's the best arcade racer on the Switch is surely a sign of needing medical attention.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mitchell said:

I keep looking at sale games, but then realising I own them all already and haven't played them.  

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, deKay said:

I'm sure some people are enjoying it but to say it's the best arcade racer on the Switch is surely a sign of needing medical attention.

On this topic, what actually IS the best arcade racer on Switch?

I want one, but don't know if any of them are any good. What's Rise: Race the Future like for example - that's on sale at £12 at the mo - any good?

Why the fuck haven't NAMCO pushed a RIIIIDDDGGGEEEE RACCCEEEERRRRR out yet :mad:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Virtua Racing.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, deKay said:

Virtua Racing.

Nah, that's not it - [catchphrase] it's good, but it's not quite right [/catchphrase] (in terms of what I'm looking for)...

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Someone help me out here. New Super Lucky's Tale... Is it the same one that was panned on Xbox One? Or is it actually new?

Neither.

New Super Lucky's Tale features all new levels, redesigned original levels, tighter movement control, a fully rotatable camera, and improvements to nearly every other aspect, including art, lighting, cinematics, dialogue, UI, sound, music, and more.

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Thanks. 

It seems to be getting universal praise thus far. One for the wishlist I think. 

Yeah, surprised me. Props to them for going back and working on everything everyone complained about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

I want one, but don't know if any of them are any good. What's Rise: Race the Future like for example - that's on sale at £12 at the mo - any good?

Why the fuck haven't NAMCO pushed a RIIIIDDDGGGEEEE RACCCEEEERRRRR out yet :mad:

I downloaded Rise today and had a few races. It’s good fun and certainly more engaging than other racers I’ve tried on switch including the awful V-Rally and the technically very competent but charmless GRID. 

• Upvote 2

Well I think Asphalt is great. Can't all like the same thing. Been playing a lot of multiplayer and its a really good laugh. 

I am under lots of medical attention to be fair but I didn't equate it to the switch