rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I haven't played it yet but I already regret buying it as I've had Ob-la-da, Ob-la-da in my head since doing so 6am. McCartney was a fucking prick.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I see the Batman Telltale games are half price, any verdict on them?

I really enjoyed them. It's your usual Telltale fare, but their take on Batman and villains are pretty unique. It's worth a play if you have any interest in Batman. 

44 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

Sunless Skies coming to the Switch next year.

Sweet! I've heard only good things about it. With this, Obra Dinn and FAR all on available, it seems inevitable that PC-exclusive indie darlings will find their way to the Switch. I'm hoping for that Noita game eventually.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Overwatch + 3 months of Online is £18.99 at cdkeys, versus £35 on the eShop. 

Saw some goon on Polygon or Kotaku or something saying the Switch version was completely unplayable.

21 minutes ago, deKay said:

Saw some goon on Polygon or Kotaku or something saying the Switch version was completely unplayable.

Nintendolife, who normally gush over most things, have also said that the performance suffers and you're better off playing it elsewhere, if you have that option. It was enough to make me think twice.

@deKay @Jamie John

I own it elsewhere but never played it much. I really enjoyed Paladins on the Switch for ten or twenty hours when that came out. Overwatch is 30fps versus 60 elsewhere and 60 for Paladins. It's got gyro controls. "It is what it is". It's fine but my conclusion is that I still don't really like Overwatch or most FPS. 

• Upvote 1

Guys. Just saying that if Children of Morta turns out to be a good port when it comes out next month you really need to take a look. It's an amazing game. Probably the best roguelite I've ever played.

• Upvote 4

On 15/10/2019 at 07:52, Lujin said:

It’s been much improved by the Jotun edition free update. Being able to see what enemies are going to appear (but not how many of each) on each stage allows you to tailor your army rather than being forced to use a jack of all trades force every time.

Well spaced checkpoints are a big plus too.

Strangely I think the update has made Bad North too easy now....the original versions difficulty was indeed brutal and I'm not usually one for masochistic games but in this type of game it somehow felt right.

The checkpoints are a welcome addition but not so sure about the ability to simply redo an island if you are found wanting.

Cross posting this with the Switch thread as I have no idea where anything is supposed to go, I've made a club on Asphalt 9 if anyone's playing. Searching RLLMUK Racing should find it and I'll approve as people apply. 

...please don't leave me on my own.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Cross posting this with the Switch thread as I have no idea where anything is supposed to go, I've made a club on Asphalt 9 if anyone's playing. Searching RLLMUK Racing should find it and I'll approve as people apply. 

...please don't leave me on my own.

Does this game fuck your switch if you put it into sleep mode?

13 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Does this game fuck your switch if you put it into sleep mode?

The game shits itself sometimes when you bring it out of sleep as it's a persistently connected dealy. How do you mean fuck it?

14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The game shits itself sometimes when you bring it out of sleep as it's a persistently connected dealy. How do you mean fuck it?

Just hangs and I have to hard power cycle the switch.