rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

25 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I got the base game only and didn't feel like I missed out on not having the extra stuff. 

Feel free to add me as a friend, will happily give you a game at some point. Not played in a while.

You've convinced me and will do. Cheers!

I was almost feeling pleased with myself for having bought the cheaper one when I realised I was alsosubconsciously trying to decide between Flashback or Metal Slug with the money "saved" :lol:

• Upvote 1

Went online to buy Divinity OS 2, and somehow exited having bought: Ori, Cuphead & Goose Game. 

oh well, I’ll save Buying Divinity as a Xmas treat. 

• Upvote 2

I've been looking at 911 Operator as it's on sale at 89p. 

I've always dismissed the games that drop to 89p but this looks quite fun, anyone played it?

Also are there any other 89p gems that have been on sale that I can add to my watch list?

Or are my assumptions correct and they're all terrible?

Someone in here recommended Goetia for 89p and I picked it up but not tried it yet. Looks to be a kind of puzzle adventure game that says it lasts about 20 hours. If it's good that's great value for 89p.

4 hours ago, Gloomy Andy said:

I've always dismissed the games that drop to 89p but this looks quite fun, anyone played it?

Also are there any other 89p gems that have been on sale that I can add to my watch list?

I got 911 when it was on sale before and got quite a few hours fun out of it. Particularly enjoyed the way you can use hundreds of real life cities as maps, with almost all the road names the same. Not the kind of game you’ll go back to much, but 89p.

• Upvote 1

So I just bought the Tetris 99 DLC because I misunderstood that the 4 player multiplayer uses multiple Switches, rather than local multiplayer.

Is there any way I can get a refund? Or is that impossible?

6 hours ago, Gloomy Andy said:

Membrane. Or get it for 9 cents on the US eShop.

• Upvote 1

I would second Membrane, a lovely physics based puzzler.

There's also a very good Another World-style adventure called The Way which comes up for 89p from time to time.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say it was "very good", and it's more Flashback than Another World, but it's still definitely worth more than 89p.

I'm enjoying Battle Princess Madelyn at the moment, a gorgeous-looking (and sounding) pixel art platform tribute to Ghouls and Ghosts. Like Ghouls and Ghosts, it's quite tricky but (in the story mode at least) you can do some grinding to collect weapon & armour shards to level up a bit and make things easier. The devs released a patch earlier this year to add a map and a few tweaks that apparently make the story mode easier to figure out but there are still a few shonky technicalities here and there with some of the menu screens especially looking on the budget side. Still, it plays really nicely! I got it for less than six quid in the sale and it's well worth the price.

• Upvote 1

Towerfall, an absolutely cracking 2-4 player couch co-op party game, is on sale right now at half price. It's brilliant and a steal at £9.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I'm enjoying Battle Princess Madelyn at the moment, a gorgeous-looking (and sounding) pixel art platform tribute to Ghouls and Ghosts. Like Ghouls and Ghosts, it's quite tricky but (in the story mode at least) you can do some grinding to collect weapon & armour shards to level up a bit and make things easier. The devs released a patch earlier this year to add a map and a few tweaks that apparently make the story mode easier to figure out but there are still a few shonky technicalities here and there with some of the menu screens especially looking on the budget side. Still, it plays really nicely! I got it for less than six quid in the sale and it's well worth the price.

Conversely, I’m a huge fan of GnG games and I thought this was really poor. The level design in particular is all over the place. I was really looking forward to this, but it was a colossal disappointment for me. Ghouls n Ghosts was tough, but the controls felt precise and deaths (nearly) always felt like your fault. This has none of the charm, character or precision of its inspiration. I thought Cursed Castilla EX was a far better game in the GnG mould.

• Upvote 1

On 04/10/2019 at 11:58, Gotters said:

this looks worth a butchers if you liked old Qix games - £6 at the moment but has the hallmarks of something coming to a sale soon

Thanks for recommending this.

I never much liked Qix mainly because I encountered it after playing it's sequel Volfied which is probably still my most played game.

Cubixx is very much in the abstract mold of Qix lacking any of the charm and thoughtful level design that volfied added. It has a fun multiplayer though which plays like a cross between Qix and light cycles which is great, just wish the single player was more compelling.

I'd recommend this to try once it's in the sales.

• Upvote 1

I played through Heave Ho with my partner and my 6 year old this weekend. What a hilarious and charming game - it's an absolutely amazing local multiplayer experience, accompanied by loads of laughing and screaming at the triumphs and deaths that befall your characters. I bet it's an absolute riot with friends after a few drinks. Thoroughly recommended! 

• Upvote 3

Seconded, thank you mechamonkey for mentioning Heave Ho in your local multiplayer recommendations. Had some friends over this weekend for board and video games and we spent the most time on this by far, swapping in and out when someone’s nerves were too frayed or fingers were too tired. 

We had a good few hours of hysterical laughter and good natured teasing and weren’t even halfway through. Buy it because I want DLC and a sequel.

• Upvote 1

Flipping Death is really good so far. Completed the first chapter and it reminds me of an old point & click, even though it's (kind of) a platformer. Definitely one to pick up for under £5.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Flipping Death is really good so far. Completed the first chapter and it reminds me of an old point & click, even though it's (kind of) a platformer. Definitely one to pick up for under £5.

Stick it to the Man is also great, it’s the previous game and very similar, I love zoink games

• Upvote 1

On 23/09/2019 at 13:29, bradigor said:

Just seen the trailer for Tangle Tower which is on Apple Arcade now,

but coming soon to Switch.

A detective / puzzle game, I am all over that when it releases. Want to see more like it too. 

Would love for all the old Layton games to get ported. 

I played through this on Apple Arcade and enjoyed it. Shades of Phoenix Wright with the investigation stuff and Layton with the puzzles. Presented in a well acted and well told story with fun characters. 

Quite a direction shift from snipperclips but I can see the link in style and quality. Quite funny too with good dialogue between the main characters. 

• Upvote 1

Did anyone see that 'one night stand' game on the e-shop recently?

Looks like you wake up next to someone, and have to work out who they are and how you ended up in their bed.

The Daily Mail would be outraged!

23 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Did anyone see that 'one night stand' game on the e-shop recently?

Looks like you wake up next to someone, and have to work out who they are and how you ended up in their bed.

The Daily Mail would be outraged!

I played it on the Mac a few years ago. It was free back then though.

Anyone played Armello? It's on sale for the next fortnight. Down to £3 or so on the Russian eshop. Nintendolife gave it 9/10.

Bad North is on offer as well. Worth the time?

Collection of Mans is £23.44 in the same. Do I just have my rose tinted nostalgia glasses on or is it worth another play through?  I have never played Trials of Mana but Secret holds many great memories.

2 hours ago, Kieran said:

Collection of Mans is £23.44 in the same. Do I just have my rose tinted nostalgia glasses on or is it worth another play through?  I have never played Trials of Mana but Secret holds many great memories.

Secret of Mana was still great when I played it a few years ago. Trials looks very nice but really isn't anywhere near as good.

• Upvote 1