rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

19 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

EFvNjw7U4AA_93K?format=jpg&name=large

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Feels good man. 8-)

(The only one from my list that I haven't gone for is Virtua Racing. I know it's only £3 whatever, but is it actually, properly, definitely worth my time? I've never played the original, so any sense or nostalgia will be lost on me, and I don't plan to take it online, so is the single player experience really worth it? When it comes to arcade racers, everything will inevitably be compared with MK8, which was more or less perfect to me, so for this to live up to that is a nigh on impossible task.)

I had no memories of Virtua Racing - probably just played it a few times at the arcade - but really enjoyed it on the Switch. It’s a very simple, pure racing game - had lots of fun trying to get my lap times down. Well worth whatever bargain price it’s at these days. 

• Upvote 2

No nostalgia effect for me, having never played it before, and I love it. If you’re into Sega racers at all you’ll get enjoyment from it. The last time I played the online mode it was broken, terribly laggy, but it’s all about the online rankings. Nothing like seeing your name up on the big board to motivate you towards just that one more race to get a slightly better time. 

Is it genuinely just £3 in the sale? You’re really doing yourself a disservice not getting it at that price!

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Sane said:

Thanks! I'll need some time to work through the list but I already decided on getting Lost Castle and Blazerush.

As they are on sale right now I super strongly advise Ultimate Chicken Horse and Towerfall.

I don’t think it’s on sale but still sub a tenner, you must get Heave Ho, honestly by miles the funniest game of the weekend, it’s fantastic.

the rest you can cherry pick but don’t miss those three (and Blazerush)

• Upvote 1

I've played Blazerush on PS3 (I think) and it was loads of fun. Not quite as good as Mashed or Micro Machines, but still a fun game to play. Not sure of the price on Switch, but if you find it for under £10 you'll get plenty of value and joy from it. It is better than Mantis Burn Racing, which whilst being a technically well made game, was just boring in the end. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to use it so does anyone want 99 Gem Apples for Super Kirby Clash?

I won them via the Tetris 99 event, PM me for code if you do. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

I've played Blazerush on PS3 (I think) and it was loads of fun. Not quite as good as Mashed or Micro Machines, but still a fun game to play. Not sure of the price on Switch, but if you find it for under £10 you'll get plenty of value and joy from it. It is better than Mantis Burn Racing, which whilst being a technically well made game, was just boring in the end. 

I'd never even heard of Blazerush so took a punt - its nice, plays a fast and loose MM style racer but has a really weird control system that takes a bit of getting used to and that they don't explain, no accelerator or brake, your thumbstick control direction in 360 and is dependent on which way the track is going.

Can tell in 10mins its way more fun than the tedious Mantis Burn.

I can't remember the last time I did anything like this, but I've just gone a bit mad in the sale. I bought Gorogoa, Transistor, Bastion, Valkyria Chronicles, Puyo Puyo Champions, Wargroove and Hollow Knight for about £39, which with CDKeys top-ups came to about £35, or approx £5 per game on average. Now I just need to find time to play them.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I think it's out on the 10th but I got access to the new game by Infinite State Games (The two chaps who did Don't Die Mr Robot and Rogue Aces) called Family Tree. I'm mates with Mike from ISG and I'm not sure how much I can post yet but it's a big update to their iOS game Fruitorious

With a bangin' theme choon lads

• Upvote 3

So there's 128 levels split across four game "years" plus bonus levels and a local multiplayer mode. They're replayable to an extent due to the hidden and not hidden coins on the level and different ways to boost your score. Between seasons (Spring, summer, autumn, winter) there's a side scrolling bonus stage that can be an utter cunt. It's like going from Kirby to Dark Fruit Souls :) There's some nice ways to speed run these ones but it's definitely a shock to the system :)

Bounce up on the title screen for credits.

I was planning on picking The Goose up tomorrow as my CC gets cleared today. I see on the Switch it says its on sale saying "Offer until: 04/10/19", does that mean that at midnight tonight it jumps back up to £18 or will the sale finish at midnight tomorrow?

Family Tree (eastasiasoft) - €7.99/£6.99 (€6.39/£5.59 until October 23)
Pre-load ends 09/10/2019, 23:59 local time

Mrs and Mr Fruits (our heroes) will need to tackle over 128 goofy levels that combine platforming with pinball, and 32 bonus stages in the fight to rescue their babies from an evil sugar skull named Pedro. With 1-4 player endless party mode and a soundtrack featuring dubstep, drum ‘n bass and acid house, this is one trip you don’t want to miss out on.

3 hours ago, memories said:

I was planning on picking The Goose up tomorrow as my CC gets cleared today. I see on the Switch it says its on sale saying "Offer until: 04/10/19", does that mean that at midnight tonight it jumps back up to £18 or will the sale finish at midnight tomorrow?

I know this won't be helpful but by January it will be a fiver.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, memories said:

This Nintendo page suggests it will be at that price until 9am PT on the 4th: https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

I couldn't find anything EU specific though

• Upvote 1

I'd be surprised if UGG is down to a fiver by  January. It's the best-selling digital game this month in both EU and NA regions, and a drop down to £5 from its £17 RRP is quite a jump.

It feels like that initial sale price is to protect it from going too low too soon. The RRP seems inflated, so now it can regularly go in sales for £12-13 and seem like a bargain, when it should never have been more than that to start with.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I've fancied Armello for a while and am getting it either way but does anyone know if the bundle is worth the extra over the base game? Having never played it I can't really work out the true value in it.

28 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

I've fancied Armello for a while and am getting it either way but does anyone know if the bundle is worth the extra over the base game? Having never played it I can't really work out the true value in it.

I got the base game only and didn't feel like I missed out on not having the extra stuff. 

Feel free to add me as a friend, will happily give you a game at some point. Not played in a while.