rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

5 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

That’s very helpful cheers. 

Will check those out tonight. 

Mario Kart has an auto steer/auto accelerate mode, which my 3 year old loves.  He's pretty decent at Smash Bros too!

As for the older ones, my 9/10 year olds mostly play Splatoon 2, Nuclear Throne, Terraria and Rocket League.  And Minecraft, obvs...

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

Mario Kart has an auto steer/auto accelerate mode, which my 3 year old loves.  He's pretty decent at Smash Bros too!

As for the older ones, my 9/10 year olds mostly play Splatoon 2, Nuclear Throne, Terraria and Rocket League.  And Minecraft, obvs...

I didn’t know that - great news cheers. 

Sayonara Wild Hearts is out next Thursday. The day before Untitled Goose Game and Links Awakening. It looks brilliantly mental. 

• Upvote 7

That looks great. I'm getting a Rub Rabbits vibe. No, those two statements are not contradictory.

• Upvote 3

My nephews (5 and 8) are coming over next week. They love beat 'm ups (we previously played Turtles on the SNES mini) so I'm thinking of buying a new one. Question is, which? I'm thinking: River City Girls, Ninja Warriors Again or Capcom beat 'm up bundle. It shouldn't be too difficult. Any opinions?

I can only comment on Capcom Beat em Up Bundle - while there’s some fun to be had, the difficulty is pretty brutal. 

Many of the games support 3 player though, which is quite novel and would mean all 3 of you can play at the same time. 

River City Girls is getting great word of mouth, but if you’ve got the online sub you can always play the NES one... there’s another scrolling fighter on the SNES too.

With Streets of Rage 4 on the way it’s an embarrassment of beat em up riches on the Switch. Konami need to get their finger out and release classics like Turtles and Xmen. 

Avoid Raging Justice though, not fun I’m afraid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sane said:

My nephews (5 and 8) are coming over next week. They love beat 'm ups (we previously played Turtles on the SNES mini) so I'm thinking of buying a new one. Question is, which? I'm thinking: River City Girls, Ninja Warriors Again or Capcom beat 'm up bundle. It shouldn't be too difficult. Any opinions?

River City Girls!

1 hour ago, Sane said:

Castle Crashers is out on Switch next week too.

14 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Sayonara Wild Hearts is out next Thursday. The day before Untitled Goose Game and Links Awakening. It looks brilliantly mental. 

I’m always suspicious of videos like this - while it looks and sounds lovely, the only hints of what the game is look like nothing really.

9 minutes ago, gratuitous sax said:

I spent an enormous amount of time on that on the 360 - terrific fun. 

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I'm leaning towards RCG since I will probably get the most out of it myself. 3 player Capcom beat 'm up sounds good too, but I think it will just devolve into a credit feeding fest and I want to try to teach them something about what the difference is between good games and the drivel they play on their android tablet. So that's probably not the place to start.

Still curious about opinions on Ninja Warriors, that looks pretty amazing too. Maybe I should just get both.

20 minutes ago, gratuitous sax said:

I loved this on 360! Definitely getting it too. And SoR4 of course but that will be a later time.

14 hours ago, Darren said:

That looks great. I'm getting a Rub Rabbits vibe. No, those two statements are not contradictory.

Rub Rabbits was so good. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Killer Queen Black (which I think looks amazing) launches on Switch on 11 Oct:

4 hours ago, Soi said:

Killer Queen Black (which I think looks amazing) launches on Switch on 11 Oct:

I played this at E3 – loads of fun, but I'm sure that's partly because there were eight of us around one console. 

EDIT: It has full online and cross-play, so I'll be getting it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Looks like you can have 4 local players playing online against other teams of 4. That sounds amazing...

Just picked one up for next week. That's Sayonara Wild Hearts and Untitled Goose Game sorted. 

17 hours ago, g wings said:

That's the family game for our holiday sorted...

track-and-field.original.jpg

One of those games that always reminds me of childhood, in the positive sense. Ever arcade I saw on summer holidays always had a Track and Field machine with its distinctive sound effects filling the air. :) 

17 hours ago, g wings said:

That's the family game for our holiday sorted...

track-and-field.original.jpg

I’m annoyed I can’t change the run to the Joycon. I have problems with my hand/arm and have part of my right index finger amputated... so can’t play this at all. I tried changing to triggers, but fastest I can do is 16 secs on 100m ie not qualify.

That’s a far cry from the insanity of sub 7 secs I used to manage on C64 with my Bug controller at the time.

1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

And purchase made.....might even get my wife to have a go with me.  Assuming there is local co-op. 

Yes! I've only played it in local co-op!