rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Wargroove was really good, I think a lot of people were expecting the second coming though, so it could never live up to expectations. However @Horribleman is right about Into The Breach, it is incredible. 

I would make a case for having both titles at some point, but certainly would prioritise Into The Breach. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Triple dipped on Necrodancer. Still not made it past Zone 2 on any format.

There's too much good shit around at the moment. I want Cuphead, Lapis X Labyrinth and Slay The Spire but time and money is not on my side.

Against my better judgement, I did get Crypt of the Necrodancer in the end. The spare $4 I had in the US account in Gold helped. 

Do make Slay the Spire your next purchase when time and money allow though, it is all kinds of fabulous. 

I love Crypt of the Necromancer. It is tricky though. I have never got past the 2nd stage, but i always enjoy each run. It helps that the soundtrack is amazing too. Especially the very first level.

I think they might make Caydence of Hyrule a bit easier than Necromancer. I can see them wanting to make it a little more accessible.

34 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Against my better judgement, I did get Crypt of the Necrodancer in the end. The spare $4 I had in the US account in Gold helped. 

Do make Slay the Spire your next purchase when time and money allow though, it is all kinds of fabulous. 

I'm giving it a go on pc as it's part of pc Gamepass. It had one run and it's good but for someone who plays a lot of card games I'm fucking garbage at them. I just smash shit in the face and hope for the best. Nuance is not a thing I can do.

9 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I love Crypt of the Necromancer. It is tricky though. I have never got past the 2nd stage, but i always enjoy each run. It helps that the soundtrack is amazing too. Especially the very first level.

I think they might make Caydence of Hyrule a bit easier than Necromancer. I can see them wanting to make it a little more accessible.

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Cadence wasn't markedly easier.

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm giving it a go on pc as it's part of pc Gamepass. It had one run and it's good but for someone who plays a lot of card games I'm fucking garbage at them. I just smash shit in the face and hope for the best. Nuance is not a thing I can do.

Haha, yeah as someone who struggles with card games (they blow my mind) this actually starts to make more sense after a few runs. It is really well balanced. 

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

Mario Tennis worth it at the reduced price?

Absolutely if you think it’ll scratch an itch. It plays well and has a very active online community.

The single player campaign can be challenging as hell at times.

5 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Absolutely if you think it’ll scratch an itch. It plays well and has a very active online community.

The single player campaign can be challenging as hell at times.

Thanks.  I'm thinking more of a Virtua Tennis fun multiplayer experience with my 6 year old son.

I've heard it's more akin to a fighting game than a tennis game.

You can just play with the basic ruleset. The game has a poor reputation, but they supported it pretty well after launch and fixed many of the problems. 

• Upvote 2

As much as I enjoy MTA now, the matchmaking hasn’t been able to find me a final opponent in simple mode for months. I give it over ten minutes but no luck. Standard mode remains popular despite everyone seemingly saying how they prefer their tennis kept simple.

Online co-op doesn’t need a community. The AI players are so strong in this mode that you’ll groan when it finds you a real person to play with.

I’ve put in around the same amount of time with this as I have Arms and MK8D so have no complaints about the value it’s given me.

7 hours ago, cohen205 said:

I love Crypt, but am terrible at playing it unless I play as the Bard - sure, it kind of goes against he spirit of the game, but means I can then treat the game more as standard Roguelike. I've definitely got to zone 3 a bunch, and I think zone 4 a couple of times. Doubt I'd make it out of the first zone if I had to hit the beats though!

23 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Pinched from Era.

Most important 2 releases not on that list: SEGA AGES Virtua Racing and Monster World on June 28th :quote:

I see Goat Simulator is half price. It is aa hilarious as the trailer makes it out to be? My son has a totally surreal sense of humour and the trailer alone suggests it might be his perfect game. 

Also, Gato Roboto looks cute. Anyone here have impressions of it? Thx. 

1 minute ago, Twinbee said:

I see Goat Simulator is half price. It is aa hilarious as the trailer makes it out to be? My son has a totally surreal sense of humour and the trailer alone suggests it might be his perfect game. 

I really didn't like Goat Simulator. I got on Xbox as a free Gold game and hated everything about it. I realise dodgy controls and poor physics are meant to be part of the charm, but it just didn't work for me.

Gato Roboto is a great Metroidvania. Very, very short though. I completed it in just over 3 hours with over 90% completion. I'd wait for a sale. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Your kids will love goat simulator.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NEG said:

Most important 2 releases not on that list: SEGA AGES Virtua Racing and Monster World on June 28th :quote:

Same day as the biggest switch release of the year. Good timing. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, NEG said:

Is that Monster Hunter World, or another game?

47 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

@Nequests

What's that screw attac looking icon towards the bottom right? I assumed it was MP4 but that's got it's own icon.

Bayonetta 3?

2 hours ago, Twinbee said:

Goat Simulator isn't really a game, is shit, but I don't think I've ever laughed so much playing anything else. Licking the roller coaster is probably the greatest thing ever.

Gato Roboto is excellent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Gato Roboto is a great Metroidvania. Very, very short though. I completed it in just over 3 hours with over 90% completion. I'd wait for a sale. 

It's short but very good and also cheap. I'd say no need to wait for a sale, it's worth every penny.

From that chart, my main purchases for the rest of the year are looking like:

June: Super Mario Maker 2

July: Fire Emblem

September: Link’s Awakening, Dragon Quest XI

October (probably): Luigi’s Mansion 3

November: Pokemon Sword

Oof, that’s a lot of gaming time and I’ll end up buying more on top of that. Astral Chain, DXM and Mario & Sonic are all in with a shout depending on reviews.

And I was already happy spending all my time on Splatoon.

• Upvote 1