rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

17 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Collection of Mana getting a limited physical run according to the trailer why I expect to be US only.

Thanks for pointing that out- just ordered it for $40 on Amazon.com.

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Collection of Mana getting a limited physical run according to the trailer why I expect to be US only.

Trials of Mana was absolute shite when I played it as SD3 back in the day. Secret of Mana was great. So one to keep an eye out for on the digital store sales.

5 hours ago, smac said:

OK, bought Slay the Spire.

And beat the first boss on the 16th floor. Which was nice.

ONE OF US etc.

I just preordered the Mana thing too. Mainly for ethical reasons as I play tons of fan-translated Square RPGs so I feel duty-bound to actually pay for the ones they bother to release. Am I right in thinking Amazon.com still don't charge for pre-orders until they dispatch? That's what it reads like to me but I know that most European Amazon sites changed very recently to charging on order date.

4 hours ago, mwaawm said:

Trials of Mana was absolute shite when I played it as SD3 back in the day. Secret of Mana was great. So one to keep an eye out for on the digital store sales.

Why is it not good?

5 hours ago, mwaawm said:

Yeah, unfortunately Trials/SoM2 isn't a patch on the first one, apart from looking rather lovely.

I don't even remember what I didn't like about it specifically. Just that it was overall very bland and uninspired.

Almost everything is worse than the previous game.

Terrible combat, awful menu system (why ditch the perfect ring menu system that keeps you in the action for separate menu management screens?) Music that isn't a patch on the original and quicky gets boring. Storyline that doesnt grip you inhabited by characters that you find you don't really care about ( though that could in part be due to the translation) 

Only thing that is marginally better is the graphics.

Carts belong in landfill alongside ET IMO.

I guess I'll find out for myself. I just bought the collection. And Slay the Spire. And My Friend Pedro.

Expensive morning. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ryodi said:

The physical release is also up on the Square Enix UK store for £34.99.

Just now, Phil said:

The physical release is also up on the Square Enix UK store for £34.99.

I ordered from here earlier this morning with a view to cancelling my Amazon order but in typical S-E fashion, it was unnecessarily convoluted. Password reset emails are non-existent, so I had to register another account and now I'm waiting for a confirmation for an order I placed almost two hours ago.

That's weird. Did you have an existing SE account? I didn't and it all went through without a hitch yesterday evening. I _did_ have to wait a few minutes for the confirmation- they seem to perform some sort of manual review so perhaps it's bit early for them yet... or they've a mountain of orders!

I've ordered it from Amazon.com too just in case SE manage to fuck it up.

5 hours ago, Yasawas said:

ONE OF US etc.

Oh, God, after two 'I'll just try it out' games where I reached the Act II boss each time before getting my arse handed to me on a plate, before finishing at 1:30 am, yes. This is digital crack.

• Upvote 1

Picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer for dirt cheap. Damn this game is frustrating as hell. I swear i im getting my timing perfect for attacking enemies but i get attacked.

Only played it for 30 mins but will be getting more practice and learn the fundemantels as its fun as hell when you get a good run.

4 hours ago, mwaawm said:

My hatred is coloured by my love of the previous game and the years I spent awaiting a translated version of SD3 to play.

This is why I'm hesitant to get Collection, might be better to wait for Trials Remake (this is such a weird situation) instead. What's an extra few months on 20 odd years?

SoM I already played recently on the SNES mini and Mystic Quest... Well... It's Mystic Quest...

Is there a limit to how many of those 2 game voucher things I can buy?

They seem to be £75 for two on the Swedish store, and I was thinking about getting them so I can pre-order Link's Awakening and Astral Chain.

9 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Don't think you can have more than 4 at a time iirc - and they are only valid for 12 months from purchase

Thanks. I'm wondering whether or not to just buy a couple now, in case they abruptly end the programme. Between Astral/Luigi and Link's, I'm bound to use 2 in the next 12 months.

Does anything happen to vouchers in your account if you region hop on the eShop?

With the last of my built up credit (and likely the last games I can afford) I grabbed

Crypt of the Necrodancer
My Friend Pedro

Dead Cells

Along with Tetris99, Slay the Spire, Mario Maker 2, Into The Breach and loads of others, my library is good to see me playing for years now. Just hope I have a roof over my head to power the console :lol: 

My quick blast of Dead Cells made me regret not getting it sooner, feels lovely to play so far. 

• Upvote 1

Triple dipped on Necrodancer. Still not made it past Zone 2 on any format.

There's too much good shit around at the moment. I want Cuphead, Lapis X Labyrinth and Slay The Spire but time and money is not on my side.

21 hours ago, Jamie John said:

The FF VII, IX and X ports are all on sale as well, as is Wargroove. Reception was pretty mixed on release but have the developers made it better now?

Curious about this too.