Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

You won't need anything else for AGES.

Out of interest, what do people do on Virtua Racing for so long? I bought it, it’s utterly wonderful 90s blue sky gaming, but I have a couple of goes at a time and then move onto something else.

Do you play the same track again and again to beat the same time?

Just now, Paulando said:

Do you play the same track again and again to beat the same time?

Yes!

I don't sit on it for hours and hours but can easily while away 30-45 minutes sitting on the sofa happily carving corners on Big Forest. I've barely touched the other two tracks yet as I just really like the feel of the first one. I'm terrible at it but it just feels and looks wonderful - surprisingly so really given the age and how much we have, apparently, moved on.

5 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Yes!

I don't sit on it for hours and hours but can easily while away 30-45 minutes sitting on the sofa happily carving corners on Big Forest. I've barely touched the other two tracks yet as I just really like the feel of the first one. I'm terrible at it but it just feels and looks wonderful - surprisingly so really given the age and how much we have, apparently, moved on.

What difficulty settings do you use?

15 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Lapiz X Labyrinth is out! 

Love a NIS game. Especially one this over the top and daft. 

This looks brilliant, almost reminded me of bullet hell games with all the tumbling gems and explosions. I basically need constant visual and aural stimulation and numbers splattered all over the screen or I tune out these days. I'll be checking out some reviews. 

8 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

This looks brilliant, almost reminded me of bullet hell games with all the tumbling gems and explosions. I basically need constant visual and aural stimulation and numbers splattered all over the screen or I tune out these days. I'll be checking out some reviews. 

It's bloody great. 

Jim Sterling loves it. 

Thanks, I found that though, I was wondering if there was somewhere that showed historic sale prices, or even just listed previous weeks sale listings.

Sorry, my initial post wasn't particularly clear.

On 25/05/2019 at 05:21, the_debaser said:

This is coming out in a few days, cannot wait

On 25/05/2019 at 16:31, BadgerFarmer said:

Hmm. Either the person playing it in the video has no idea how to play, or it just isn't very good.

Bit of both by the looks of it.

The gameplay has a number of glitches. Passing can be horribly removed from where you aim, goal kicking is awful but worst of all sometimes when you switch player control too fast all the players glitch and become unusable.

On 01/06/2019 at 10:33, Nequests said:

I thought it was fine, mostly. I think a lot of people went in expecting a Metroidvania or something and it was much more basic and straightforward than that.

Thing is I don't actually like metroidvanias on the whole, it's what's got me putting hollow knight down about 1/3 through. My issue with owlboy was the gameplay was just not particularly enjoyable. In fact only a couple months from purchase I now honestly can't recall any of the mechanics of how it plays other than you have a hover/flight ability. Given how good the art was thats a sad reflection on the rest of the game.

But is any of the picking up, shooting and flying satisfyingly fun?.....you can beat people up in pitfighter and you can beat people up in golden axe but one is much more enjoyable and memorable.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. Everything about the actual gameplay is just functional at best, really. I was just forgiving of it because I enjoyed the presentation and the simple little old-school plot. 

Edit: @mwaawm

On 31/05/2019 at 11:17, bradigor said:

Just watched the Indie World presentation for Japan. Two games stood out to me. 

Lonely Mountains: Downhill

Played this one almost two years ago at Indigo. It was already incredibly more-ish to play back then. :D Good to see they've got it up and running on multiple platforms now. On the wishlist it goes.

2 hours ago, Pupponvesh 2 said:

Pikuniku is on sale for £5.84.

I got it yesterday and it's awesome. Finished the story in one epic sitting. It's a really happy and silly game. Like a Mr Men game or something. Get it.

Certainly very charming!

It's a shame Sonic Racing multiplayer hasn't taken off. I had an enjoyable enough time with the hour or so I spent with it. I only won once, a king of the hill match, and my online rank is #500 or thereabouts. I guess i'll get whatever life I can out of it in the next few weeks and hope a larger chunk of the Mario Kart crowd check out CTR.