Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Always wanted to play it. I've seen the reviews, I know the flaws, but I still want it. It's the cheapest it's been on the eShop and there's no physical version.

And, as I said, I'd been given a voucher so it wasn't really even my money.

Limited Run did one but it's in the eBay collector's price range with the rest of their releases now, as you'd expect.

9 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Limited Run did one but it's in the eBay collector's price range with the rest of their releases now, as you'd expect.

Yeah, so effectively doesn't exist :(

Just now, acidbearboy said:

Do amazon not sell eshop credit? Got a gift card for my birthday and was hoping to buy some, but not seen any on there. 

Nope. They had a falling out with Nintendo ages ago (back with the Wii shop cards) and haven't since.

25 minutes ago, deKay said:

Nope. They had a falling out with Nintendo ages ago (back with the Wii shop cards) and haven't since.

They do sell a (limited it seems) range of digital games for the Switch though.

33 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah, so effectively doesn't exist :(

I was going to say that I saw copies for the price I paid for Monster Boy but I realised that nobody's going to pay that much for Yooka Laylee. :lol:

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

Should I get the original Guacamelee or straight to the sequel?

I would probably go for the sequel at this stage, as it's better but they aren't massively different. But then if the first one's much cheaper it might be worthwhile just to see if it's your sort of thing.

I enjoyed Yooka Layle a lot. As someone who has a ton of nostalgia for the Banjo Kazooie games, it felt like a brand new one of those.

It may not sit well with some people in 2019, but sometimes I just want to play a collectathon in well crafted 3D environments.

Sorry if it's been answered before but if I buy Virtua Racing is the game in English? My boy would love it but I think he's a bit too young to muddle through Japanese menus etc. He might surprise me of course. 

14 minutes ago, Wonderm said:

Sorry if it's been answered before but if I buy Virtua Racing is the game in English? My boy would love it but I think he's a bit too young to muddle through Japanese menus etc. He might surprise me of course. 

Yeah. Everything is English. 

1 hour ago, Wonderm said:

It is, yes. I heard it was on the UK eShop this Thursday or next though.

4 hours ago, Isaac said:

I enjoyed Yooka Layle a lot. As someone who has a ton of nostalgia for the Banjo Kazooie games, it felt like a brand new one of those.

It may not sit well with some people in 2019, but sometimes I just want to play a collectathon in well crafted 3D environments.

+1 for Enjoying Yooka Laylee - sure it wasn't as polished as it could have been, but I didn't quite understand the hate people had towards it. 

I ended up enjoying Horizon Chase Turbo a lot and don’t regret opting for it while in the sale over Outrun and Virtua Racing (although I might still grab the latter).

Between 10 and 15 hours for the main campaign and still lots more to do if you feel like it. Some of the later tracks are proper gorgeous. The AI opponents do spoil it a bit, though. They’re not so much aggressive as magnetised to your front bumper and mainly serve to stop you from ‘getting into the zone’.

5 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I ended up enjoying Horizon Chase Turbo a lot and don’t regret opting for it while in the sale over Outrun and Virtua Racing (although I might still grab the latter).

Between 10 and 15 hours for the main campaign and still lots more to do if you feel like it. Some of the later tracks are proper gorgeous. The AI opponents do spoil it a bit, though. They’re not so much aggressive as magnetised to your front bumper and mainly serve to stop you from ‘getting into the zone’.

I too am enjoying this but went for it on PS4 as it was cheaper and I'd heard some things about the frame rate on Switch. Is that unfounded?

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I too am enjoying this but went for it on PS4 as it was cheaper and I'd heard some things about the frame rate on Switch. Is that unfounded?

While it is 60fps, I experienced some frame stuttering which threw me off more than once, but I looked it up on Google and didn’t see any evidence that it bothered anyone else.

20 hours ago, Stanshall said:

The best thing is that you wouldn't need to get a ¥3000 card and end up with a big chunk of change. That's a great price for a great game. 

How tough is rolling gunner. It looks very bullet hell from the the videos I’ve watched. 

Just now, watusi said:

How tough is rolling gunner. It looks very bullet hell from the the videos I’ve watched. 

It's a very accessible bullet hell with lots of difficulty and rank options which don't just ruin the game. Novice Mode is probably a suitably accessible challenge for a beginner and then there's loads of ways to gradually crank it up, plus training modes and stuff. It's a really fun game that captures a little bit of Cave intensity and a good chunk of Dreamcast aesthetics.