rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

9 minutes ago, little che said:

Is mantis burn racing worth the £4 it's on sale for on the South African shop? I've spent so much recently on the store so I'm setting the buy bar high. 

i found it pretty tedious, races too long, monotone engine noise and not much excitement.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I much preferred Sundered to Dead Cells. Got plenty of play out of both, and defeated the final boss in both, just prefer metroidvanias to rogues 

To be fair Sundered is a fucking cracking game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, little che said:

Is mantis burn racing worth the £4 it's on sale for on the South African shop? I've spent so much recently on the store so I'm setting the buy bar high. 

I'd echo Gotters comment.  I liked it at first, quite a lot in fact, but after a couple of hours it had worn thin.

So thinking of picking up the following whilst on sale :-

Shovel Knight

Dead Cells

Sundered

The Messenger

Cursed Callista

Thumper (possibly).

Anything wrong with that lot, or any I could discard for being similar?  I've already got Celeste which I'm loving having just about half hour/40 minute sessions on in the evenings before bed.

13 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Shovel Knight

Dead Cells

Sundered

The Messenger

Cursed Callista

Thumper (possibly).

Anything wrong with that lot, or any I could discard for being similar?  I've already got Celeste which I'm loving having just about half hour/40 minute sessions on in the evenings before bed.

Shovel Knight is brilliant.

Dead Cells is frustrating.

The Messenger starts off well but becomes a very different (and not as good) kettle of fish half way through.

I haven't played the others.

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Shovel Knight is brilliant.

Dead Cells is frustrating.

The Messenger starts off well but becomes a very different (and not as good) kettle of fish half way through.

I haven't played the others.

I agree with this. 

The messenger is worth it for the first half though in my opinion. 

I bought Cursed Callista yesterday and I'm enjoying it. 

And get Hollow Knight. 

13 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

To be fair Sundered is a fucking cracking game.

Is Sundered a rogue like? I've read a couple of reviews which say that the number of enemies charging at you from nowhere towards the end gets very frustrating. Did you complete it?

6 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is Sundered a rogue like? I've read a couple of reviews which say that the number of enemies charging at you from nowhere towards the end gets very frustrating. Did you complete it?

Yeah I finished it on PS4. It's not a rogue like, it's a Meteoidvania. The game gives you all the tools you need to deal with what it throws at you. It can get fraught and it did get a bit more difficult as it went on but I thought it was a great game.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

I agree with this. 

The messenger is worth it for the first half though in my opinion. 

I bought Cursed Callista yesterday and I'm enjoying it. 

And get Hollow Knight. 

Got hollow knight and didn't like it that much!

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 2

1 minute ago, davidcotton said:

Got hollow knight and didn't like it that much!

Not sure how much of a chance you’ve given it but the same happened to me for about the first 8-10 hours (I only stuck at it because it of it’s universal praise) but then it finally clicked and became fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Not sure how much of a chance you’ve given it but the same happened to me for about the first 8-10 hours (I only stuck at it because it of it’s universal praise) but then it finally clicked and became fantastic. 

On Hollow Knight. Don't expect this Metroidvania to be like Super Metroid. It's actually more like a 2D Dark Souls. It can be obtuse, there's a lot of backtracking and the bosses can be very hard. It's also sublime.

But yeah, it may not click for 8 hours..!

I played it for a few hours and it wasn’t up to much. Spending any more time with it in the hope it will ‘click’ sound crazy. There are plenty of better games to play instead. 

• Upvote 2

Hollow Knight is the best game. I've bought it on both the Switch and Xbox and have the physical edition pre-ordered just because it's crazy value for money and feel the devs deserve every penny. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Just now, moosegrinder said:

And yet you still played it for 40 hours...

I was enjoying it but it’s just too hard.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Shovel Knight

Dead Cells

Sundered

The Messenger

Cursed Callista

Thumper (possibly).

I’d probably sack them off and just buy one decent full price game instead. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

Guacamelee 2 needs more love in here.  Absolutely sublime game.  Definitely download it before the sale ends.

I thought about this but I only just finished the first one. Didn't want to back to back them.

I'm playing Immortal Redneck which is a fun little fps rogue lite. Not sure on the longevity but I'm sure I'll get me 7 quid out of it.