rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

12 hours ago, Isaac said:

And I'm eyeing up Sega Ages Sonic. 

Is Sega ages outrun any good for someone who never really played the original?

I vaguely remember playing it on holiday as a kid, but I don’t really have any nostalgia for the original. I had the 3ds port and never really saw the fuss compared to Outrun 2, which I love. Always found it too hard. But the extra options in this new Switch port really help change the game from a challenging old arcade game to an enjoyable drive with your girl, through beautiful scenery, in a Ferrari. 

I played Last Day of June on the PS4, I didn't realise it had a Switch port. It's a great little game. Very touching (I cried), full of character, memorable and unique. It's not perfect by any means as the structure of the game can mean it's a little slow, opaque and repetitive at times but I'd still heartily recommend it. Fantastic soundtrack too.

• Upvote 1

I bought Towerfall this weekend in the sale. After a few hours playing with my offspring I’m pleased to say that it’s fantastic. Anyone who missed this first time round and is into local multiplayer should pick it up.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Incredible. 

Its really good. Started playing on Saturday, and couldnt put it down. Didnt think i'd enjoy it so much, as not a huge fan of Super Meat Boy, but this is something else.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

Its really good. Started playing on Saturday, and couldnt put it down. Didnt think i'd enjoy it so much, as not a huge fan of Super Meat Boy, but this is something else.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Also the way they tie the central themes into the gameplay is brilliantly done. Especially the last half of the game, which is just sublime. :D

• Upvote 3

On 10/05/2019 at 18:16, Jashin said:

I'm tempted by Hand of Fate 2 - has anyone played it?

I loved the first game and I hear this is just as good if not better. I think I'm just going to pick it up anyway!

On 11/05/2019 at 13:35, acidbearboy said:

I read a review last night, possibly on Nintendo Life, that said the quest mode was metroidvania-esque, but lacking any direction or signposting. They much preferred the arcade mode, with linear stages and double jump unlocked from the start. Sounds good to me!

Still loving Outrun. It’s amazing how similar it feels to Outrun 2. I’m a bit rubbish at it though. Any tips?

Did you buy Madelyn? How are you finding the arcade mode?

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Bloody hell, go to buy Celeste in the sale, no longer in the sale. Was it even on sale a week?

Really? I could've sworn I saw it on sale this morning, honest!

19 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

It still is according to SaveCoins.app. £12 instead of £18.

I've just tried to buy it and it's £17.99 :hmm:

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Really? I could've sworn I saw it on sale this morning, honest!

Only until the 14th, IIRC.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Bloody hell, go to buy Celeste in the sale, no longer in the sale. Was it even on sale a week?

Didn't see it featured in the offers last Thursday, but heard on here it's in the sale assumed I'd be fine picking it up before this Thursday. What a useless way to run a sale promotion.

• Empathy 1

If someone here told you it was in the sale you were misinformed. It wasn't part of the ongoing indie sale at all. I believe publishers can put their games on sale on the eShop whenever they want. Usually games on sale there aren't part of a Nintendo-curated sale at all. Celeste certainly wasn't.

52 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

If someone here told you it was in the sale you were misinformed. It wasn't part of the ongoing indie sale at all. I believe publishers can put their games on sale on the eShop whenever they want. Usually games on sale there aren't part of a Nintendo-curated sale at all. Celeste certainly wasn't.

Yeah it just happened to be reduced at the same time as the 'all digital' sale which AFAIK runs until 23rd May. I only waited because I get paid today, ah well.

23 hours ago, Horribleman said:

I've not bought it yet. Trying not to buy too many games and not play them!

On 14/05/2019 at 17:11, Horribleman said:

I did and, as a huge fan of the GnG series I have to say this has been a huge disappointment so far. It just feels scrappy and off, with ridiculous checkpoints.

Cursed Castilla is far better.

Wish I'd skipped it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

Celeste is totally worth £17.99. Get it anyway. 

I already own it on Xbox, just fancied it on Switch too.

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

Virtua Racing is the best £8.20 I've spent on the store in a long time. 

That is all. 

I really hope they get their finger out and get an EU release done. As simple as it is, I can't be bothered with faffing around creating a jap account.

• Upvote 2