rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Like others, I played it for the first half but abandoned it following the 

Spoiler

16 bit transformation

as it became repetitive.

I also found the precision platforming extremely frustrating in places. The bosses were good, though.

Is there any issue changing region if you have a UK Nintendo online account?

I tried to switch to SA but got a warning about disabling auto-renew and chickened out of proceeding in case it fudges something somewhere.

19 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I tried to switch to SA but got a warning about disabling auto-renew and chickened out of proceeding in case it fudges something somewhere.

No issue. You just need to disable auto-renew on your online membership first.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Just set up a second SA account.

59 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I do believe you lose any credit and coins built up though.

Are any of the games that are less than £2 in the sale any good?

I want to pick up a couple things but i have not heard of half these games. Nearly bought Resident Evil Revelations but no idea how it runs on switch. 

I’ve picked up Horizon Chase Turbo in the sale and it’s exactly what I expected, but in terms of performance the constant frame stuttering is really quite horrible for a twitch racer. I’ve even had to restart at the countdown once because it went 3, 2, and then paused to think about what comes after 2, throwing my timing off completely.

These game/sales recommendations are fantastic but over the last few months I've built up a backlog of games I haven't even started. I must stop pressing the buy button.

- Hyperlight Drifter

- The Way Remastered

- Celeste

- Hyper Sentinel

- Kamiko

Still got Hollow Knight, Axiom Verge and Dark Souls to finish first. Plus The Binding of Isaac is always asking me for one more go.

I know it's ridiculous to ask given it's 89p, but is The Way Remastered good then? I'm sure I read somwhere that the controls weren't great?

On 07/05/2019 at 23:54, HarryBizzle said:

I bought Hyper Sentinel without asking too many questions. 

I think perhaps you need to have played whatever it’s a remake of to get it. Just seems like flying left and right and the challenge is provided by how poorly it controls. 

:D It does get better when you play through a few levels, though at first I felt how you did.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Butters said:

I know it's ridiculous to ask given it's 89p, but is The Way Remastered good then? I'm sure I read somwhere that the controls weren't great?

It's enjoyable. I haven't completed it yet, but it's definitely worth the 89p it's on sale for. 

13 minutes ago, therearerules said:

It’s terrible. All games for less than a quid aren’t good.

Someone hasn't played Super One More Jump. Best 89p I've ever spent when it was on sale. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Butters said:

The controls aren’t great. But the atmosphere created by the lovely pixel graphics and the soundtrack are great. I’d have been annoyed if I’d spent a tenner on it, but what does 89p buy you these days?

5 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

The controls aren’t great. But the atmosphere created by the lovely pixel graphics and the soundtrack are great. I’d have been annoyed if I’d spent a tenner on it, but what does 89p buy you these days?

That was my thinking. I've not long got my Switch either, so give me an extra option of things to play.

35 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

For me it's less the cost and more the time you could've been spent playing a better game. (This isn't in reference to any particular 89p game.)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Butters said:

I've now just completed the first section of the game and it's very enjoyable. It reminds me of Another World, so if you like good old skool arcade adventures you can't go wrong. Haven't found the controls bad at all.