rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

4 hours ago, donpeartree said:

For what it's worth, I didn't get many Zelda vibes from Hob. I liked it but it doesn't feel like Zelda.

Yeah, I think that's fair. Zelda isn't the feel I get from it, either. I get a lot of Ico vibes from it, funnily enough. It doesn't play anything like it but the sense of mystery and the way it manages to communicate a great deal with no dialogue feels similar. There's also a few Journey like bits scattered here and there, and the aesthetic reminds me a little of Rime, but that was dull and plodding and it all felt like a very shallow facade, where as in this it's paced beautifully, the relatively low budget isn't apparent at all and the world feels authentic.

There are no real level names so it's a bit difficult to talk about without spoiling bits, but when you see how the world all fits together, it's incredibly impressive.

On 04/04/2019 at 13:08, rgraves said:

I've not seen any reviews as yet - but this just got posted to youtube - it's the first 20 mins or so:

I got this.  It's great.  Love how the Robots transform.  I'm not great at it.  Fun though. 

• Upvote 2

Super Mario Odyssey: 33% off
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 50% off
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: 50% off
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 30% off
L.A. Noire: 66% off
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 33% off
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: 34% off
Diablo III: Eternal Collection: 30%
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate: 42% off
Octopath Traveler: 33% off
Dark Souls Remastered: 30% off
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus: 33% off
Doom: 50% off 

E-Shop sale from 11/04 to 25/04. I expect I'll get skyrim.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Naieve said:

E-Shop sale from 11/04 to 25/04. I expect I'll get skyrim.

Oof - and me.

April is hitting hard on Switch - with Hellblade, Labo VR, and Dragon's Dogma still left to come. My pile of shame is getting ashamed of itself.

It doesn't help that I'm almost exclusively playing Splatoon 2 again. That game owns my soul.

EDIT: And now Sniper Elite v2 is out on April 24th as well. I've completed that once already though, so I can resist. Yes, I can. Don't doubt me.

• Upvote 1

The two biggest releases for me are My Time at Portia and Steam World RPG. It’s really expensive being a Switch fan these days.

14 hours ago, rgraves said:

Oof - and me.

April is hitting hard on Switch - with Hellblade, Labo VR, and Dragon's Dogma still left to come. My pile of shame is getting ashamed of itself.

It doesn't help that I'm almost exclusively playing Splatoon 2 again. That game owns my soul.

EDIT: And now Sniper Elite v2 is out on April 24th as well. I've completed that once already though, so I can resist. Yes, I can. Don't doubt me.

I'm pretty sure Sniper Elite V2 out on the 14th May.

1 hour ago, DarkCrisis said:

I'm pretty sure Sniper Elite V2 out on the 14th May.

So it is - it's just up for pre-load from 24th April. Phew. Not that I was going to buy it. No, not at all.

Cook Serve Delicious 2 is out now and it is fucking hard. I fucked up my first day badly Too much going on in the game and kids running around make it doubly hard to concentrate :lol: 

Fantastic port overall though, even if text is a bit small in handheld. 

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I've just swapped my 64GB card for a 256 so am ready for loads more games

Mario + Rabbids DLC is not going to be included in the sale is it :( 

It is! 50% reduction I think!

EDIT: Yep - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-eshop-blockbuster-sale-up-to-60-off-from-11th-april-super-mario-odyssey-33-off-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-30-off-3211904

Will buy Doom again. 

That mech game looks shit, just boss after boss after boss. Bosses are the worst part of any game. And to cap it off it’s all in Spanish or Portuguese or some weird foreign language. 

• Downvote 3