rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

I’m old (47) and crap at games. I love Hotline Miami but have never been able to progress very far. I quite fancy Ape Out which seems very similar, but is it as difficult?

I wouldn’t say it’s very hard. The levels are randomly generated so there’s less strategy involved and more improvisation. The first two ‘albums’ are easy, the last one is really tough in places.

• Upvote 1

I bought QUBE2 on impulse a couple of weeks ago because I'm a sucker for limited run physical releases and having just finished it now - it's really very good! Enjoyed it a lot more than the first which I played through a couple of years back and thought was just OK compared to The Turing Test which I played at a similar time. Gets a bit rough, especially in handheld mode, later on but as long as you're not one of those cunts it's well worth keeping an eye on if you enjoy an environmental puzzler.

2 hours ago, jcafarley said:

I wouldn’t say it’s very hard. The levels are randomly generated so there’s less strategy involved and more improvisation. The first two ‘albums’ are easy, the last one is really tough in places.

Cheers. I’m torn between this and New Star Manager.

9 hours ago, Stejay said:

Cheers. I’m torn between this and New Star Manager.

Do not get NSM if you value your sleep.  Or spare time.  Don't switch it on if you have stuff to do, it's really not a 'quick 10 minutes' game.  It's so fucking moreish. 

• Upvote 4

I’ve wanted it from the very beginning as I previously found New Star Soccer on iOS digital crack until like many others I was burnt by my purchased copy becoming a free to play, in-app purchased littered monstrosity.  :-(

17 hours ago, Stejay said:

I’ve wanted it from the very beginning as I previously found New Star Soccer on iOS digital crack until like many others I was burnt by my purchased copy becoming a free to play, in-app purchased littered monstrosity.  :-(

It's addictive yeah, but relaxing and unchallenging too. Perfect for downtime, or playing with the TV on in the background. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stejay said:

Yeah, I need to stop being bitter about New Star Soccer and just fucking buy this.

Just buy it and come join us in the dedicated thread - i’ve come into every new star thread for 5y to bemoan the loss of the ‘great version’ - this has undone all that and I’m back in love (with the switch £15 version, the ftp mobile ones can go rot)

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, watusi said:

I bought saboteur. Just for the memories  plus it was less than a quid. 

Its probably crap. 

It appears to be an accurate port of the Spectrum original so very shite indeed.

20 minutes ago, Flub said:

It appears to be an accurate port of the Spectrum original so very shite indeed.

It's fucking great on the Speccy.

2 hours ago, AngryH said:

12 is better than6 still hasnt appeared in the e shop yet! Just me or has anyone else managed to dl?

It's not (quite) 2pm yet.

10 hours ago, Gotters said:

Just buy it and come join us in the dedicated thread - i’ve come into every new star thread for 5y to bemoan the loss of the ‘great version’ - this has undone all that and I’m back in love (with the switch £15 version, the ftp mobile ones can go rot)

Ok, ok, I get it! See you over there soon.

• Upvote 1

FINALLY. Already played it to death back in the day, then loads on PC after that, more still with the remastered edition on Steam but can't wait to rebuy it again on Switch. :D

Hopefully they'll bring over the sequel as well. Night Dive Studios have done a stellar job on these remasters. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Flub said:

The original Turok? The one I paid £70 quid for on my N64 that was complete fucking rubbish?

Bafflingly, yes.