Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

It's kind of insane that they managed to make this run on the Switch. Looking forward to transferring over my save and seeing it for myself! If any NinTenno need help or would just like to get taxi'd to a node/mission then it'll be my pleasure! :)

c74ddd7e6f31bfed8ebaefcf687cf048.jpg

Play now to get a free in-game starter pack!

If you’re just joining us, welcome to Warframe! From now until December 4 at 11:59 p.m. ET, we’re giving all new Tenno on Nintendo Switch a free starter pack of in-game items via your in-game Inbox.

Please note: you will need to unlock the Comms Segment in-game in order to receive the Inbox message and gifts. The Comms Segment can be obtained by completing the first Quest, Vor’s Prize.

This pack includes:

50,000 Credits 
The legal tender of the Origin System. Credits are used to buy new Weapons and Warframes, but they’re also used to upgrade Mods -- the primary source of gear power in Warframe.

3-Day Affinity Booster 
With this Booster, all of your gear will rank up faster. As you play, your Weapons and Warframes will gain Affinity and rank up. Ranking up increases the Mod Capacity of an item, so you can equip those upgraded Mods.

Orokin Reactor 
Immediately doubles the Mod Capacity of any Warframe. Install this Reactor on your Warframe’s Upgrade screen.

Orokin Reactor 
Immediately doubles the Mod Capacity of any Weapon. Install this Catalyst on your Weapon’s Upgrade screen.

Forma 
When a Warframe or Weapon reaches max rank, you can choose to install a Forma on the Upgrade screen. Forma resets the rank of an item back to 0, but it Polarizes a Mod Slot to save on Mod Capacity. Forma is mostly used later in the game, but when you’re ready, it’s there for you.

If you have any questions about the Nintendo Switch version of Warframe, please read our Switch FAQ for answers to common questions. If that doesn’t answer your question, check out the Warframe Wiki for a compendium of game knowledge curated by our Tenno community.

We’ll see you in the system, Tenno!

Btw this is completely free to play and doesn't even require an NSO sub to play online! You're also not expected or required to use voice comms when playing in a party. Do shake someone's hand when they revive you though! And also take care of proper etiquette and only activate lifts after everyone is on. ;)

Even though my understanding of Warframe is currently limited to picking a mission and slashing and shooting my way to the waypoints, that part is a lot of fun.

For 30fps it feels satisfyingly smooth and fast. The motion controls help a lot, although I find they’re best used as ‘assists’ to dual stick play compared to how Splatoon is built around them.

I thought Warframe was that Advance Wars game (Wargroove), so now am disappointed.

Just spotted Wild Guns Reloaded is $10 on the eShop, looks good for that. Assuming the discount lasts until Thursday, and will then be replaced by the big Black Friday sale. Hoping for something off Into the Breach, Dead Cells and Steamworld Dig 2. Wouldn't mind a digital copy of Mario and Rabbids either.

44 minutes ago, Osito said:

I thought Warframe was that Advance Wars game (Wargroove), so now am disappointed.

Don't be disappointed man. Warframe is delicious. Great gameplay. Sublime unlimited movement abilities. Sprinting used to be on a stamina bar when the game first launched and then players discovered how to glitch their way across the map at high speed. Rather than patch it out the devs built an entirely new parkour system and the game was immediately 100000% better. I remember trying it on PS4 launch day and it was so bare bones.

Everyone should play it. Don't forget ninjas play free.

I've just spent the last couple of hours doing up until you assasinate Vor (Which solo is much easier now I know how to play). Surprised I didn't get a group for that one. Doesn't he drop rhino parts? Having a game this amazing on a handheld? Welcome to the world of tomorrow. Fuck Destiny.

3 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Do I need to keep on until the end of this Vor questline to claim the goodies? Keep trying but it's telling me it's not available on the eShop.

The starter pack in the store isn't the one you get for killing Vor. That gets delivered via ingame mail after you complete the assasinate Vor mission. If you want to buy the starter pack anyway do it via the store direct. It's not working from in game.

1 minute ago, friedgold said:

Thanks, that makes more sense. Can't get in at the moment anyway so it's academic, but good to know.

Are you having login issues as well?

One thing to do while we wait. Go to the main warframe site. Login with your nintendo account and link your account to your Twitch account (Make a twitch account first if you don't have one). They do amazing giveaways on twitch if you have your account linked. Sometimes entire prime frames.

• Upvote 1

The original? That’s great, but the more recent one would have been much better!

Am I the only one who finds the price of admission on the Sega AGES titles a bit on the high side? £3 would see me picking up more of them. £5.99 for Sonic, a game I’ve owned a hundred times before, is beyond reason. Perhaps if this is your first time getting Sonic since the 90s it would seem like a great deal, but as Sega have re-released it so many times such a person surely must not exist?

• Upvote 2

On 20/11/2018 at 15:22, mdn2 said:

Can do. 

I split out the Voez posts into a separate thread: 

Looking forward to seeing what else you cover.  I can recommend Binaries.

The Messenger is on sale for £13.49. It's a great (and pretty funny) game. The first few areas seem to be a linear Shinobi style platform game, bit it, soon opens up into great Metroidvania. 

• Upvote 1

There’s an entry on my Switch news feed for cyber deals but it’s for the US eShop.

A lot of the indie big hitters like Dead Dells, Celeste, Undertale and the above but the only Nintendo games are DK Tropical Freeze ($42), Mario x Rabbids Gold Edition ($32) and Snipperclips ($10).

• Upvote 1

Ooh, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is $30 too. Steamworld Heist Ultimate is $10.

Will wait to see if the prices get matched here, but I'm definitely going to need to put an SD card in my Switch.

1 minute ago, little che said:

Excellent. Thanks 

I reckon the OP should have a load of useful info and tips for you. Long story short, if you set your main account to South Africa (ZAF) on the Nintendo Account page on the website (not the Switch) then you'll save between 5% and 25% on any digital purchases. Honestly. 

4 hours ago, mdn2 said:

The Messenger is on sale for £13.49. It's a great (and pretty funny) game. The first few areas seem to be a linear Shinobi style platform game, bit it, soon opens up into great Metroidvania. 

How difficult is it? It looks difficult...

I'll probably end up getting it. Spectre of Torment too.

25 minutes ago, deKay said:

Warframe appears to be Gears of War only robot samurai.

Apart from being nothing at all like Gears of War. And they're ninjas.

10 hours ago, Jamie John said:

How difficult is it? It looks difficult...

I'll probably end up getting it. Spectre of Torment too.

I've found it easier than Hollow Knight, if that helps. It's pretty generous with its checkpoints. 

Bit narked I'm told I need more storage to download Warframe. I only have Mario Odyssey, Snipperclips, a couple of tiny indies and some demos downloaded. I deleted the Monster Hunter and Valkyria and other demos, and it hasn't made much difference. 

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

More like Vanquish Diablo in space. 

That one quote is enough to prompt me to give it a go tonight. I'm blaming you if I don't like it. 

• Upvote 1