Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Anyone know if DLC is ever on sale in the eShop?  It never seems to appear in the offers section so was wondering if I should be looking somewhere else

It sometimes is, but you’d have to know it was.

The new batch of NES games are up. Dodge Ball remains the sport of kings and Solomon’s Key would be a great puzzle adventure that feels quite contemporary if I didn’t suck at the controls and it wasn’t so unforgiving.

Golf, on the other hand, has aged almost as badly as Tennis.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but Guacamelee came out on Monday. If anyone didn't pick it up on the PS4, it's lovely. 

It's a Metroidvania with a very distinctive style, great level design, cracking music, an emphasis on combat combos, a lot of humour and 4 player co-op.

At £12 it's a bargain.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, NickC said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but Guacamelee came out on Monday. If anyone didn't pick it up on the PS4, it's lovely. 

It's a Metroidvania with a very distinctive style, great level design, cracking music, an emphasis on combat combos, a lot of humour and 4 player co-op.

At £12 it's a bargain.

But I got it free on PS+ once so It should be given away free with the sequel too. Just a money grab.  

;)

I'm hearing rumours that Starlink is *significantly* cheaper on the US eShop than it is on the UK eShop - can anyone confirm?

I've got a bunch of credit sitting on my account so can't switch (I don't think) - be a bit annoyed if it's the case.

It's £70 in the UK (cheapest option I can see) - so yes considerably cheaper.

Question then - if I set up another user on my Switch for another eShop to buy this way - which one is 'easiest' in terms of accepting standard UK cards and such?

I've never bothered before, but the difference here is pretty massive...

On 10/10/2018 at 10:44, DC Lemon said:

The new batch of NES games are up. Dodge Ball remains the sport of kings and Solomon’s Key would be a great puzzle adventure that feels quite contemporary if I didn’t suck at the controls and it wasn’t so unforgiving.

Golf, on the other hand, has aged almost as badly as Tennis.

What's that new Zelda they've added?

20 minutes ago, rgraves said:

It's £70 in the UK (cheapest option I can see) - so yes considerably cheaper.

Question then - if I set up another user on my Switch for another eShop to buy this way - which one is 'easiest' in terms of accepting standard UK cards and such?

I've never bothered before, but the difference here is pretty massive...

You don't have to set up a new account. You can just change your registered country on your phone and when you go to the shop on your Switch it loads up the shop for the new country

Works for all PAL areas this way and for Europe (Norway and Russia usually the cheapest) you can just use your Paypal account for ease but of course exchange rate is always rubbish.

For South Africa, which is also often one of the cheapest, I use my Revolut card which is fee free and best rates.

NTSC regions you do need accounts I believe and have to fanny about with buying credit or opening separate Paypal business accounts

3 hours ago, dfq23 said:

You don't have to set up a new account. You can just change your registered country on your phone and when you go to the shop on your Switch it loads up the shop for the new country

I thought changing your country in an account dumped any existing credit you had though - I have about £40 in credit on my account right now that I obviously don't want to lose....I had been storing it up for Starlink lol

7 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Yes you lose existing credit, so don't do this if you have credit in your account!

Ta!

So the best option is to create another profile on my Switch linked to an account in another region right? What's the best region to pick - do any just allow you to use a UK debit card?

Mexico looks cheap, but I'm assuming payment options are a bit limited....

South Africa is the one.

www.eshop-prices.com/?currency=GBP

is the website to check.

@deKay I wonder whether this info could be in the OP at this stage. No offence to gravey but it comes up every week. 

4 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

No offence to gravey but it comes up every week. 

None taken. I don't think.

I'll admit I'm being overly lazy and just asking what a few minutes of googling might provide me mind.

19 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

South Africa is the one.

www.eshop-prices.com/?currency=GBP

is the website to check.

@deKay I wonder whether this info could be in the OP at this stage. No offence to gravey but it comes up every week. 

The OP isn't mine.

EDIT: and it's in the OP anyway!

So, I went to all the effort of setting up a South African profile - unless I’m missing something major, it’s not much cheaper at all really. Starlink still comes it at a tiny shade over £60

Hardly seems worth the bother...bloody Nintendo.

Different stuff offers different savings, you ingrate. It depends, basically, but it's almost always the cheapest option for us. Occasionally Norway and the odd anomaly (which is why I posted the comparison site link) but I've probably saved four or five hundred quid over the last year or so. 

I know i’m being a grump as it is cheaper - I just think by the time the bank have added in exchange fees it’s probably marginal.

I wanted a silver bullet to cheap games. And the moon, on a sharp, pointy, non-shitty stick.

2 hours ago, rgraves said:

I know i’m being a grump as it is cheaper - I just think by the time the bank have added in exchange fees it’s probably marginal.

I wanted a silver bullet to cheap games. And the moon, on a sharp, pointy, non-shitty stick.

Get a monzo or a Revolut card and pay no exchange fees.

10 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Just switch the to Mexico or the US. 

I use Monzo and don’t have any issues. 

I thought that you couldn't use a debit card on the US store and had to buy US credit instead?

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

I thought that you couldn't use a debit card on the US store and had to buy US credit instead?

Im not sure, actually, I’ve only got one game from the US store and can’t remember exactly what I did. But generally region hopping with Monzo is fine. He can just try a few different ones. One will work.