The Darkside Detective – TBC (7th)

Disc Jam – £13.49

Dragon Quest Builders – £39.99

Draw a Stickman: Epic 2 – £6.99

Premium Pool Arena – £8.99 (6th)

Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition – £14.39

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles – £12.23

Portal Knights – £14.99

How do that site get all these? Nintendo don't email out until Thursdays now.

Just now, deKay said:

How do that site get all these? Nintendo don't email out until Thursdays now.

I think you're directing the question to the wrong place - ask them.

isn't it the one that launched free on PS Plus trying to take the Rocket League approach to building an audience ? I recall it had a ludicrously complicated control scheme if it is and I never got past the tutorial.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

3 hours ago, Duckula said:

Mercenaries Saga 2 on the 3DS was like an Aldi Final Fantasy Tactics so the collection might be worth getting.

It looks and sounds painfully generic but I'm still considering it. I really want a grid-based tactical game like this on Switch that isn't £50 (looking at you, Disgaea 5). It's the sort of thing you can play in twenty minute bursts before bed, right?

I would also quite like someone to talk me out of this, please. I already pre-ordered Dandara this week.

Genuinely tempted by 2020 Super Baseball, solely due to an enduring fondness for it as one of the games on the multigame cabinet on Newport train station when I was a child - I never played it, but spent many an aeon waiting for my weekly train to visit my dad, longingly watching its attract sequence.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

24 minutes ago, kempstar said:

That said, do you still have your Vita? I would get it on that if so. The d-pad will be much better than the switch controls. Plus probably a lot cheaper on Vita?

Nope, sold it. I don't think the Switch controller will be a problem though.

37 minutes ago, kempstar said:

How can you know that if you havent played it? :unsure:

That's true I suppose. I just mean, I haven't had a problem with the Switch controller previously. Anyway, I've got too many games in my backlog already, so I won't be buying it for a while.

The reason why I say this is because (particularly on some of the levels) you need to press different directions in quick succession. The analog stick would be useless. The dpad buttons on the switch are very spread out, so might be hard to do the quick presses you need.

Anyways if you dont still have your Vita then it makes no difference, and you should still buy it, because like I said its brilliant :D

• Upvote 1

Dandara is great so far but I've only played a small amount. Sometimes I'll whip around a room, gracefully picking off enemies while other times I'll be left twirling a cursor uselessly as bees swarm in and my uncharged weapon clicks uselessly.

I feel like it's the kind of game where you'll return to early areas feeling like a powerful badass. I like those kind of games.

• Upvote 1

For anyone interested in buying the Bayonetta(s) digitally, a mate of mine just messaged me this: As soon as you preorder and purchase Bayo 2 on the SA store which comes in at £33, Bayo 1 then appears with a 72% discount, making it £6.

That's not bad at all.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, shirubagan said:

For anyone interested in buying the Bayonetta(s) digitally, a mate of mine just messaged me this: As soon as you preorder and purchase Bayo 2 on the SA store which comes in at £33, Bayo 1 then appears with a 72% discount, making it £6.

That's not bad at all.

Thanks for the heads-up. New SA account now set-up

• Upvote 1

A question about buying from multiple eShop regions: If you have purchased on different stores and want to download all your games again (you get a new SD card or something) do you have to go to each store in turn? Or once purchased can you download the game from any store? 

23 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

A question about buying from multiple eShop regions: If you have purchased on different stores and want to download all your games again (you get a new SD card or something) do you have to go to each store in turn? Or once purchased can you download the game from any store? 

Depends on the game. Some you can from any store (like Wonderboy), some you can't (like Plantera).

• Upvote 1

Party Golf is in the current sale, down to £9 - I'd been tempted for a while by it but never taken the plunge.

Its a bit like Desert Golf on crack - the same single screen angular mechanic, but then gets very different in terms of modes and features, it seems a very full package with loads of modes, and supports up to 8 local players if you have the joy cons.

For less than a tenner I think there is quite a bit of game here, and of course its perfect for Switch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/party_golf

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Anyone bought Mercenaries Saga? It looks really good.

I've bought it but not played it yet. I really enjoyed MS2 on the 3DS back in the day, though.

• Upvote 1