Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

18 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Oxenfree is only £4 I just noticed. 75% off. 

Did the ‘It would be rude not to’ thing and got it. Have it on steam and never played it but this may give me a chance to. 

Good man! It might be a bit too linear for some but the characters, story and dynamic conversation system make it more than worth that asking price. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Is it a walking simulator?

Yeah. But the best one I've played. I'm not a fan of them TBH. You can play it several times, choosing different answers. You can also choose not to........ ;)

I've always been mildly curious in Oxenfree  but never felt tempted to buy, dropping that much though means it doesn't need to provide much playtime to be of value.

I googled the game and found a link to the Nintendo store where I could buy and set of the download remotely, for some reason I didn't think that was possible.

Glad I got that big 200gb card swapped in over xmas now.

On 17/01/2018 at 18:51, pulsemyne said:

There's a discount on the Riptide game. It's not a bad little racer for a fiver.

I bought it and I'm loving it. Definitely worth a fiver!

16 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Yeah. But the best one I've played. I'm not a fan of them TBH. You can play it several times, choosing different answers. You can also choose not to........ ;)

It's not really a walking simulator in that it has some very light puzzles and is primarily focussed on the branching conversation rather than the walking. But yeah, it's very much in the "light adventure" genre. 

On 17/01/2018 at 18:51, pulsemyne said:

There's a discount on the Riptide game. It's not a bad little racer for a fiver.

I was wary of this after buying the original Riptide on Steam only to find it was a poor port of a mobile phone game, disappointing as it was from the same people who did the awesome Hydro Thunder Hurricane. And whilst this isn't as good as HTH, for a fiver it's definitely a decent, if unremarkable, arcade racing game, ideal for a quick blast. Mostly 60fps, decent soundtrack, smooth racing. There's a bit of a Motorstorm Apocalypse vibe with it, by all accounts. Would it stand in for a Wave Race fan? Difficult to say, but worth a punt for some quick, enjoyable portable racing.

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Anyone tried Beach Buggy Racing? The video looks ok to me but it could well play like garbage. It’s also £4.99 at the moment. 

Its just Riptide reskinned, isn't it?

30 minutes ago, deKay said:

Its just Riptide reskinned, isn't it?

It doesn’t say much for riptides water physics if they can reskin it and it becomes a beach buggy game does it?

5 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

Anyone tried Beach Buggy Racing? The video looks ok to me but it could well play like garbage. It’s also £4.99 at the moment. 

Bought it and been playing two player this morning with the missus, certainly worth a fiver and the single player campaign has a lot of content. 

Riptide Renegade certainly worth a fiver. Nice music, and doing the stunts are fun with good water physics.

Single player is quite meaty, yet to try online which I've read is cross-play with the Xbox one and PC versions.

May get oxenfree whilst it's on sale, heard it's quite short though.

Best value eShop title continues to be Stardew Valley. 60 hours and only just starting fall in the second year.

Oxenfree started out a bit slow but I’m a few hours in and enjoying it now. It is essentially a ‘walking simulator’ with some basic puzzles but the atmosphere it creates using its excellent dialogue, sound and old school visuals is a real treat with the lights off and the headphones on. 

Not sure how long it is but in my experience I’m happy for stories like this to last 3-4 hours. For £4 I will feel I have had my monies worth. 

• Empathy 1

This weeks games from Thumbsticks site, thought I saw Tiny Planet was out last week as commented that its a pretty average iPhone game with a big Switch cost premium being add.

https://www.thumbsticks.com/nintendo-eshop-releases-22-26-january-2018-01222018/

ACA NeoGeo World Heroes 2 (25th) – £6.29

Atomik: RunGunJumpGun (25th) – TBC

Celeste (25th) – TBC

ChromaGun (22nd) – £17.99

Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 (25th) – £13.49

Fantasy Hero ~unsigned legacy~ (25th) – £8.99

Lost Sphear (23rd) – £39.99

Shu (23rd) – £7.69

Strikers 1945 II (25th) – TBC

Space Dave! (25th) – TBC

Tachyon Project (25th) – TBC

Tales of the Tiny Planet (24th) – £17.99

• Upvote 1

Jon Denton sounded very positive about Celeste on TCGS last week. I've had a look and it's caught my eye now. Lot of indie landfill (to reappropriate the term) of late but that looks like a little diamond. 

Celeste is the one Jon was saying is from the same guy who did Towefall which is one of the best indie multiplayer games ever made. So I am looking forward to that. 

‘Indie Landfill’ is an interesting problem. It’s the same with Steam of course. It’s not an issue to have so many games coming out but it’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff and good games can get lost in it all.  

14 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Sort of reminds me of Adventure Island a bit. 

I'll buy at a cheap price! 

It's a sequel to Kid Tripp, which is a pretty good auto-runner.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Whats the easiest and safest way to buy from the Russian eshop , i checked page one and it's not clear to me ?

Create a new Nintendo account on the Nintendo site. When it asks where you are from - choose Russia.  

Then create a new user on the Switch and link it to the new account. When you enter the eshop via that user it will be Russian. 

My debit card works just fine on the Russian eshop. The button layout is the same as the EU shop so you don’t need to learn to read Russian.