Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

I’m thinking about getting Skyrim as well. I don’t think I’ve ever played any og the DLC, is it any good? I poured around 100h into the vanilla game on release and didn’t touch it again until the VR version was released on Playstation. Never bothered to finish it in VR, though, it’s one of the least convincing VR worlds for me so far. The semi realistic looks just ended up as bad uncanny valley for me. Cutesy Astrobot and witeframe REZ were more convincing VR worlds.

1 hour ago, loathsomeleopard said:

Convince me *not* to buy Skyrim and Monster Boy in the current sale.

Go.

There's a demo for Monster Boy so you can try before you buy. I thought it was really boring.

Skyrim was fantastic on the 360, although I'm not sure I want to put another 100 hours into the Switch version. The combat, which was always a bit ropey, may well have dated a lot more. What's Skyrim's performance like undocked, those who have played it? And are the loading times as still a pain?

2 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Nope

That's incorrect.

@Max Damage See below.

RIGHT TO CANCEL (Digital content)

You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.

The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.

To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Herriotstrasse 4, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, telephone number: +44 345 60 50 247, fax number: +49 69 667747 95412, email: customer-support@nintendo.co.uk) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/terms/wiiu/Wii-U-Network-EULA-UK_EN-2015-05.html#righttocancel 

Ignore me, I'm a prat.

• Upvote 1

Oh wait, I thought they had removed this clause after an investigation.

- contracts for the supply of digital content: where we supply digital content not on a tangible medium, the cancellation right expires if we have begun our supply of the digital content after you have expressly consented that we can begin the supply before the cancellation period ends, and you have acknowledged that you lose your right to cancel the contract in this circumstance;

Bastards.

EDIT: Mind you: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-reject-a-faulty-product-and-get-your-money-back

Consumer Rights Act seems to think otherwise, even for digital goods.

• Upvote 1

I brought My Time at Portia today from the eShop, a tad disappointed with the performance of the game in handheld mode, it stutters/hitches when doing the most basic of things. It also locked up on me the first time I started the game on the loading screen so not the best start. I hope they patch it again to improve it as I can see it putting me off playing the game.

On 15/04/2019 at 08:12, Paulando said:

Do you really need to buy Skyrim for the 6th time?

Get out.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I've not even bought it for the first time. Can I still stay? 

Only if you promise to buy 6 copies.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I've not even bought it for the first time. Can I still stay? 

If you've played Witcher 3 then avoid Skyrim, the jankyness of the combat will drive you nuts

53 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

If you've played Witcher 3 then avoid Skyrim, the jankyness of the combat will drive you nuts

Having played Witcher 3 before Skyrim, I disagree. 

Can’t see the premium edition on SaveCoins.app, but I reckon you might be able to save £10 by region switching to Russia (looking at the normal edition pricing).

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Having played Witcher 3 before Skyrim, I disagree. 

I agree with this, and I'm playing both at the moment. Very different games really, Witcher is much more story focused, Skyrim is about tooling around and doing what the hell you want. Yes the combat in Skyrim is not always great, but it doesn't diminish the experience.

• Upvote 1

On 16/04/2019 at 14:53, DarkCrisis said:

I brought My Time at Portia today from the eShop, a tad disappointed with the performance of the game in handheld mode, it stutters/hitches when doing the most basic of things. It also locked up on me the first time I started the game on the loading screen so not the best start. I hope they patch it again to improve it as I can see it putting me off playing the game.

Yeah, I noticed this too on my first session. On my other session it was fine (still playing handheld mode). Seems like the game needs some optimization. Other than that, the game is actually great and I wouldn't be surprised if I play this for more than 100 hours. 

Boxboy demo is up on the store - never played one of these before so good to have a chance to try before you buy - trailers look good.