Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

2 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Has anyone bought Horizon Chase? My son enjoys playing it on my iPad, and I wondered if the Switch version is worth getting.

I was tempted but then Outrun was released.

3 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Has anyone bought Horizon Chase? My son enjoys playing it on my iPad, and I wondered if the Switch version is worth getting.

I picked it up. It’s fantastic. Feels very similar to the iPad version - I don’t know how different the tracks are (if at all) as I didn’t get on with the game on iPad at all. 

Having actual controls makes makes all the difference. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, deKay said:

These are already there.

There are options in the search to do it, I have never tried leaving the search title blank to be honest so that maybe a way to do some of the stuff I am looking for.

10 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Yeah, I’ve played both and the Switch version is better, simply because of the physical controls. The Switch version had a lot more stuff in it as well. Although that may have been added to the iPad version, it’s been a long tine since I played it.

There's a lot of talk in the first post about different regions etc but nothing on general payment methods. 

I want to buy Vostok Inc which will be my first digital game on my switch. I don't like saving debit card details on consoles. Is it easy to add and remove a PayPal account? Otherwise I guess I need to buy a gift card.

You also don’t have to save your card details, you can enter them for just one purchase. 

Linking paypal was also pretty simple I think, based mostly on me not remembering doing it. 

13 hours ago, Gloomy Andy said:

There's a lot of talk in the first post about different regions etc but nothing on general payment methods. 

I want to buy Vostok Inc which will be my first digital game on my switch. I don't like saving debit card details on consoles. Is it easy to add and remove a PayPal account? Otherwise I guess I need to buy a gift card.

Like Jonny5 says it must be simple. For me that's not because I don't remember doing it but because I was able to do it!!

As for Vostok, it's superb!! If you enjoy it / find it half as funny as I did then you're in for a treat!! 

A combo of the sale and gold points I had means I just picked up Tiny Troopers XL for a quid this morning - I'm enjoying it a lot so far, its a blatant Cannon Fodder rip off and is a bit clunky (you get stuck on scenery a bit) but I'm enjoying it way more than many of the more lauded eShop games.

Dropping Wargroove in their Advance Wars-sized hole after the Nindies Direct would make sense, in the same vein that they dropped Hollow Knight into their Metroid-sized hole afterwards last year.

8 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Thursday Direct, as promised.

Just call me Nostandamus. 

Where has that been announced for Thursday? Only see the Indie Highlights tomorrow. 

Some kind of Wargroove info is a given I reckon, but what else do we think we might see?

Super Meat Boy Forever could make an appearance I think, but @Qazimod's bumping of the Nex Machina thread has made made my heart do a little flutter at the thought. 

I'm hoping for:

Kentucky Route Zero

Untitled Goose Game

Papers Please

My Friend Pedro

And apparently there's a new Steamworld game coming out this year. I'd love to see something of that. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gotters said:

A combo of the sale and gold points I had means I just picked up Tiny Troopers XL for a quid this morning - I'm enjoying it a lot so far, its a blatant Cannon Fodder rip off and is a bit clunky (you get stuck on scenery a bit) but I'm enjoying it way more than many of the more lauded eShop games.

This is correct, I’m a big fan of Tiny Troopers. If you play PC games you may also wish to check Running With Rifles out.