Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:

That is quite the contradiction to you the posts you made about how we should all watch your 10 (?) part YouTube guide.

My guide is the only one you need, all it does is cover mechanics, I wanted to let people figure the rest out for themselves!! 

Too many guides have very specific / solutionising advice, I hate that, which is what compelled me to make the guide in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

Wait til he jumps down onto the bridge then run like buggery. You can pop an arrow at him from the top of the stairs to encourage him to jump down. Or just wait in the little nook by the wall, safe from the flames. He'll come down soon enough. 

I remember now, I think I cheesed it back in the day by using an arrow and shooting his tail from under the bridge... but I don't have a bow and arrow.  

Alright it's downloading now, fucking stupid Dark Souls tempting me eternally. I'll have the fucking Nintendo online service by the end of the week.

2 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Am I going mad, or did they patch "You Defeated" back into the 360 version at some point, after patching it to "Victory Achieved" quite early on?

Shame the Switch version is still "Victory Achieved". 

As far as I'm aware, non PTDE versions of the game that just say Dark Souls never had it patched out. So if you buy a PS3 or 360 disc or the digital version without the DLC it will still say "you defeated". If you buy any PTDE or Remastered version it will say Victory Achieved. 

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

how on earth do I get past that big dragon on the bridge... the bastard torched me as I was heading back to retrieve 11000 souls that I dropped at the top of the stairs....

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

I thought I was dead clever in my first playthrough.  Saw an enemy in the distance in New Londo Ruins (and I'd been struggling there for ages), and took it out with a few well aimed arrows.

Found out later it was a vendor NPC.

Not the one that sells

cheap transient curses

?

31 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Where can you get a bow and arrow from?

Where are all these vendors?

There's a vendor in the first area you get to after you head up from Firelink Shrine and through the sewer. You'll need to hunt around for him a bit. And he's an annoying twat, but he sells loads of useful stuff - especially for tackling the Taurus Demon.

8 minutes ago, jonamok said:

There's a vendor in the first area you get to after you head up from Firelink Shrine and through the sewer. You'll need to hunt around for him a bit. And he's an annoying twat, but he sells loads of useful stuff - especially for tackling the Taurus Demon.

Oh good, glad I accidentally killed him.

Poor Yulia. 

44 minutes ago, jonamok said:

That’s in the tutorial bit, right?

How can I get back there? I’m in undead burg now.

I didn't really enjoy the network test so I was going to skip this, but I downloaded it last night and immediately got hooked into it (I've only played DS3 and Bloodborne before).

My network connection keeping dropping out, kicking me back to the title screen though. Anyone else have that issue?

53 minutes ago, Strafe said:

That’s in the tutorial bit, right?

How can I get back there? I’m in undead burg now.

No, he’s in the Burg. You’re good. Keep looking. Pretty near the start.

Clue if you really want it:

Spoiler

Two dudes with spears and shields.

31 minutes ago, jonamok said:

No, he’s in the Burg. You’re good. Keep looking. Pretty near the start.

Clue if you really want it:

Hide contents

Two dudes with spears and shields.

I’ve seen those two guys. I think. On their own little ledge/square bit? Presumably must have murdered him by mistake.

Found a crossbow. Presuming I don’t have ammo as I can’t fire anything

Well I’ve been aiming to use the Black Knight Halberd I got from the basin, so I’ve just put points into strength and dex so far, my health and stamina are at base level for a Knight character. I’ll probably add some pyro :) 

25 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’ve seen those two guys. I think. On their own little ledge/square bit? Presumably must have murdered him by mistake.

Found a crossbow. Presuming I don’t have ammo as I can’t fire anything

You'll need to equip bolts if you have them in your inventory..