Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

I have managed to get to anor londo but frankly anor londo can fuck off. It's just very boring. Which is a pity as I have enjoyed the game upto that point.

It's widely held to be one of the best areas, so if you don't mind elaborating, I for one would be interested to hear what you find boring about it compared to previous areas in the game.

13 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

I was playing this quite a lot a few weeks ago on switch, never having really given a go. I have managed to get to anor londo but frankly anor londo can fuck off. It's just very boring. Which is a pity as I have enjoyed the game upto that point.

Wanker archer pushing you off the roof got you down? It gets much better!

Yeah, I always thought Anor Londo was a great area.  The archers are utter twats, of course, but once you get past them once (or twice in my case, as I fell off a ledge before reaching the bonfire) you don't have to face them again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jimmbob said:

For the most part I agree that "ItZ aLwAyS PlAyUr ErRor If Ur K1lLeD In DaRk SoUls", however, Bed of Chaos was really weird, it would be childish to say unfair, but Christ, that run to it after each failed attempt was an eye roller.

I think you mean: each failed attempt was an eye burner

1272920453_DSlava.jpg.ca644e028eaac4d29a45754237937a84.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Decided to buy the Dark Souls Trilogy after loving Elden Ring. 

Currently playing Dark Souls Remastered and I can't believe how fucking hard it is in comparison. 

Im only just starting but I'm at a section that I have attempted at least 20 times. (The dragon on the bridge and you go underneath and past rats and a million enemies) problem is the bonfire is miles back and the journey through is one hell of a slog. 

I'm wondering if I should backtrack and go downwards at the hub area for the first bell rather than upwards. 

Theres a useful item hidden down that way, but the vast majority of that area will be locked out to you now. Don't backtrak from where you are now - From the dragon, go under the bridge, past the rats, up the stairs, into the small alcove to the right & then try & run past a few of the skelton knights around a creaky wooden bridge & you should see some sanctury on your right.

FWIW - The Bonfire placement in the early games is VERY spaced out compared to how (overly) generous they would be in later games.

DS really gives you that 'should I continue on and hope to find a bonfire or backtrack and cash in my souls' dilemma a lot. For me, that's typical for Souls games and what gives it that special something. There's really something on the line, your choice matters and dying will have consequences. And there's nothing like that feeling when you're pushing forward into an unknown area, no flasks left, carrying a lot of souls, besieged by horrible enemies and then you turn a corner and spot a bonfire! ER doesn't really have this as much as the older games.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

Currently playing Dark Souls Remastered and I can't believe how fucking hard it is in comparison. 

Im only just starting but I'm at a section that I have attempted at least 20 times. (The dragon on the bridge and you go underneath and past rats and a million enemies) problem is the bonfire is miles back and the journey through is one hell of a slog. 

I'm wondering if I should backtrack and go downwards at the hub area for the first bell rather than upwards. 

If you're a patient sort and have a bow you can grab a very powerful early game weapon from a spot under the bridge. FWIW that bit you're stuck on is tough, most of the Souls games have at least one difficulty spike in the first 2-3 hours

4 hours ago, Ry said:

You're on the right track and I'd keep heading in that direction than go for the other bell, it's worth making that run from half way along the bridge to the area under the dragon, load up on your best flame resistant stuff and drink your way through it :D

Thanks for the tips. I got a wee bit further. 

I'm not getting much equipment though. I have the starting sword and armour and nothing else. And my sword durability is low now. 

As soon as I say that I get the the two bell gargoyles boss. Get killed and now I'm at the bonfire at firelink shine. 

And the track to get back there is a pain as you can't just sprint it. 

Lost 6000 souls. 

That's enough for one week I think. 😥

9 minutes ago, Ry said:

As soon as I say that I get the the two bell gargoyles boss. Get killed and now I'm at the bonfire at firelink shine. 

And the track to get back there is a pain as you can't just sprint it. 

Lost 6000 souls. 

That's enough for one week I think. 😥

Tips if you want:

Spoiler

Have you found Undead Parish yet? It's directly opposite the lift exit from Firelink up to the top; there's a bonfire there, blacksmith underneath.

Go buy a load of Titanite Shards from the blacksmith and get your weapons up mate. There's a Halberd in a chest on the right of the big set of steps as you come out the church's main entrance past the three knights; carried mine all the way to the end of the game.

6 minutes ago, Corrogate said:

Tips if you want:

Hide contents

Have you found Undead Parish yet? It's directly opposite the lift exit from Firelink up to the top; there's a bonfire there, blacksmith underneath.

Go buy a load of Titanite Shards from the blacksmith and get your weapons up mate. There's a Halberd in a chest on the right of the big set of steps as you come out the church's main entrance past the three knights; carried mine all the way to the end of the game.

Yes Im at the parish. Can't see a bonfire or blacksmith though. Will have another look when I jump back in. 

Edit:just watched a vid. It's the outside section. Must have missed that when I was fighting baddies. I went right into the shine part. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yes Im at the parish. Can't see a bonfire or blacksmith though. Will have another look when I jump back in. 

Oh yeah, that's the actual setting name.

Spoiler

It's basically chuck it to the right out of the hall of and keep going straight on. Lifts are under the stairs up to second level in there too. 

It's a good craic figuring out the map and making your own discovery; few pointers can save a lot of ffs moments though.

6 hours ago, Ry said:

Thanks for the tips. I got a wee bit further. 

I'm not getting much equipment though. I have the starting sword and armour and nothing else. And my sword durability is low now. 

Look up the Cleric Knight build and start again, it's so so good